Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

Genos Keyboard Keys

(1/6) > >>

porterma:
Last Saturday we finally had a Genos in Vancouver,Canada at my dealer, Tom Lee Music, to try out. He had 11 in stock that had just arrived the day before and I got a chance to help him unbox the new keyboard, set it all up and then he let me sit down and just play it for over an hour and a half. The touch screen is wonderful to use and the keyboard sounds fantastic. As well, I love all of the added sounds, styles, multipads. However, what I did notice right away was the difference in the feel of pressing the keys on the keyboard. I am use to the Tyros 4 and the dealer had one sitting right next to me. What I noticed was that the keys of the Tyros depress further down than the keys do on the new Genos. In this way the Tyros keys feel more like a real piano where the keys depress very far down when pressed. Using the Genos keys will just take a little getting used to.
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and what kind of explanation there is for this type of change.

Mark

EileenL:
Pleased you enjoyed your play on Genos,
  I must admit I find the keys on Genos fine and can't say I notice a great difference but then I am not a pianist.

voodoo:
Hi Mark,

I find that the Genos keys are still very soft, more synthesizer action and not semi weighted, as compared to the PA4X or Nord/Fatar keyboards. But it is still a great improvement when coming from the S970, so I am happy with it.

Uli

rattley:
Hello,

The only thing I notice different about the Genos keys compared to Tyros 5's keys is the key surface. Genos seems to have a slightly rougher surface compared to Tyros 5's slippery surface. I noticed this immediately when I started playing Genos.  My fingers seem to grip the keys much firmer without sliding. I make less mistakes. It is very noticeable to me.  I still have my Tyros 5 and am able to verify my findings. Both keyboards are great but I am loving my Genos more and more each time I play it.  Best wishes.  -charley

EileenL:
Yes Charlie,
  The keyboard grows on you doesn't it. A sheer joy to play.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version