Author Topic: TAP TEMPO to MFC10  (Read 3094 times)

Offline dawn68

TAP TEMPO to MFC10
« on: May 03, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »
Does anyone know please if it’s possible to programme the TAP TEMPO to use as half bar fill into the MFC10?

Offline soryt

Re: TAP TEMPO to MFC10
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 04:14:50 PM »
Is not listed in the Midi external controler list , Answer is No  :-[  ( i know it is stupid , just like other missing controls like rotary speed)

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 11:07:35 PM »
Does anyone know please if it’s possible to programme the TAP TEMPO to use as half bar fill into the MFC10?

Hi dawn68,

you can assign the function of the "Tap Tempo" button to a Foot Switch (e.g. FC5) connected to an Assignable Foot Pedal jack (1 - 3): You will find this function (called "Reset / Tap Tempo") in the "Overall" category.

You can also use an external MIDI controller device such as the MFC10: The function is "Tap Tempo / Style Section Reset" is listed for this purpose in the current Genos Reference Manual (version g0, from Firmware version 2.00), page 150.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:15:31 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: reya

Offline reya

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 07:18:06 AM »
Wow

Thats great news!

Since it's introduction, I have allways wanted to have the Style Section Reset function available on my PK6 MIDI footpedals but I could not find in in the list of assignable functions.
Little did I know it was 'hidden' under the Tap Tempo function. ;D

Thanks everyone for enlightening me !! ;D

Best Regards
Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline dawn68

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »
Hi, Thanks Chris & Soryt for your reply, I contacted Yamaha technical support who told me you can assign the tap tempo to the mfc10 but not the HALF FILL which is what I really wanted, perhaps at a later date. I also would like in an upgrade to be able to record the free styles from the SX950 as at the moment you can’t. Thanks again.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 11:40:20 AM »
..  I contacted Yamaha technical support who told me you can assign the tap tempo to the mfc10 but not the HALF FILL which is what I really wanted, perhaps at a later date.

Hi dawn68,

obviously i hadn't read your original question carefully enough. I thought you wanted to put the "Style Section Reset" function on the MFC10. (This function must first be activated in "Menu> Metronome> Tap Tempo" so that you can use it.)

But the "Half Bar Fill" function that you need can unfortunately only be used via a directly connected foot switch or assigned to an assignable button or the rotary button, at the moment.

I also would like in an upgrade to be able to record the free styles from the SX950 as at the moment you can’t.

What exactly do you mean here? Are you talking about the Audio styles of the PSR-S950 (which unfortunately cannot be copied to an external drive)?

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:43:20 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 01:21:38 PM »
There is no SX950 keyboard just SX900 that dose not have Audio styles on it as it now uses totally new drum kits which in my opinion sound better. When recording an Audio Style you must record in Audio.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 08:56:00 PM »
Sorry Eileen meant to say SX900, I was wanting to step edit these styles to use in a recording, I contacted tech. support about this too & was told you cannot record them so am hoping that maybe with an upgrade it might be possible.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 09:21:37 PM »
... I also would like in an upgrade to be able to record the free styles ...

Hi dawn68,

what exactly do you mean with "record the FREE styles"? Are you talking about AUDIO styles or maybe "FREE PLAY" styles?

(The SX900 does not include any Preset Audio styles, but they are still supported.)

Such Yamaha "+Audio" styles also have two normal MIDI drum channels, but the majority of the drums come from the Audio drum track. Since there is no MIDI data in the Audio drum track, the Audio drums cannot be edited in the (MIDI) Step Editor or recorded in the MIDI Recorder. I.e. the drums in Audio styles can only be recorded via Audio Recording and cannot be edited.

(Well, theoretically you could extract the drum data from an Audio style and edit it externally. But that's not easy, and to my knowledge there is no official, generally available software program for this ...)

Best regards,
Chris

Offline dawn68

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 10:20:10 AM »
Hi Chris, The styles I tried to record were included in the v2 upgrade & they are in my Expansion, the style I wanted to record was the 70’sUK MusicalBallad & after trying numerous times with no success I talked to Tech. support who told me they couldn’t be recorded-I was step recording first & then tried to record this input to accompany a song I was going to record. Cheers dawn68

Offline dawn68

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
Hey soryt, Tap tempo is listed on page 4 of external controller in the midi section but no access to half bar, well not yet.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 01:33:27 PM »
Ah!,
  If you are step recording you can only use styles that are on board the keyboard as preset.
Far better to Play your chords or even use chord looper.

Offline dawn68

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »
Hi Eileen, Thanks for reply, I did think that when we were given them in the update they would then be “on board” I am trying to learn how to step edit & enter 2/4 bars as these are in quite a few songs I like but I wouldn’t say it’s the easiest thing to do, & this way you can choose the bass note also. I haven’t tried the chord looper yet will have to have a try. Thankyou.