Author Topic: Empty Song B  (Read 7666 times)

Offline vlbrgt

Empty Song B
« on: December 14, 2017, 04:05:39 PM »
Hello,

I make a registration. Works fine. The midi song is in SONG A.
Then after I make a AUDIO recording and load it into SONG B.
Everything works fine.

BUT the AUDIO file stays loaded in SONG B, even if I reload the registration or load a new registration.
Is it possible to empty the SONG B field ?

Regards
Etienne
If plan A doesn't work, don't forget that the alphabet has 25 more letters.
Volbragte@telenet.be
http://Psrtutorial.com/MB/volbragt.html
Genos

whataguy

Re: Empty Song B
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 01:33:47 AM »
What did he just say??????

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
What I tried to explain is that once you've loaded a AUDIO file in one of the SONG A or SONG B positions it will stay there.
You can not unload this AUDIO file from the positions SONG A or SONG B.

So when I make a new registration and I would like to include a Midi file, I need to check the SONG for the REG memory setting.
But this will also save the AUDIO file in the registration, and that is just what I don't want to happen.

The only way to empty the AUDIO in SONG A and SONG B is to shut down the Genos and restart.

I think this is a real problem !!!

PS On my Tyros 4 it was possible to check or uncheck the AUDIO song separatly from the MIDI song.

Regards
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 10:51:19 AM by vlbrgt »
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline a048352

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2017, 11:52:14 AM »
Yes, same problem here.
I save same audio/midi in slot A and B...
But hope the next firmware will adress this issue and the bugs.

Offline Flemming

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
This goes for Tyros 5 too, once loaded a audiofile, it will stay there until you choose a registration, with a new audio-file. This goes for Styles, voices etc. too - if you have a registration calling for a style, that does not exist or is in a different place, the keyboard will go on with tha last known.

I think there is no way to avoid this, but why is it a problem? Can't you just ignore that a an audiofile is selected as long as you don't start it?

I don't think this ever will be solved by an update.

Best regards
Flemming

Yamaha electone organ: D3 (70's), HS6, EL90
Yamaha Keyboards: PSR 7000, 8000, 9000, 9000pro, Tyros 1,2,3,4,5-76 Genos 1,2

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2017, 12:10:06 PM »
Yes it was so on the tyros 4 too,  but when making a new registration at least you had the choice to save the audio yes or no, independent of the midi. Midi and Audio where seperated in the registration memory window.

I'm sure it should be possible to change this with an update from Yamaha.

Regards
Etienne

Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline valio7771

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2017, 12:35:13 PM »
Is it possible to empty the SONG B field ?

I don't see why this would be a problem? It doesn't take 'space' there and bother you if your don't need it anyway.
If you don't want the current song that stays in Song B to be stored in other Registrations if you don't need it, just untick the Audio tab when you save the new registration and it won't store the Song B, it's that easy. It would keep it there until the another Registration calls another one (if that's what you want), or you manually choose another.

This is not an issue that have to be addressed in future updates, that feature is there for a reason which makes sense, not using it properly is not the keyboards fault.

Cheers!

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2017, 12:46:07 PM »
If you don't want the current song that stays in Song B to be stored in other Registrations if you don't need it, just untick the Audio tab when you save the new registration and it won't store the Song B, it's that easy. It would keep it there until the another Registration calls another one (if that's what you want), or you manually choose another.

Tha AUDIO tab doesn't exist any more on the Genos . That's just the problem .

Regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline a048352

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 03:05:41 AM »
The problem is tou have now 2 audio slots.
If you only want to use slot A and used slots A and B, you are forced to save A and B in the registration when the ‘audio’ option is checked.

So... either Yamaha must make an option you can choose to registrate slot A and slot B apart, or they must foresee an option to empty/clear an audio slot.

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 09:16:47 AM »
Could you not just make up a BLANK song and use that when ever you want to have nothing in
A or B? Or just keep the slider over to one side.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Nunnus

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 05:24:54 PM »
there is a way, to empty the song players, without turn off the genos

go to Menu -> song Recording -> muti recording, then go out, and the song players are empty.

but I also think yamaha should improving this!, for example give the option to save independently the two players on the registrations, on tyros5 was possibly on genos itsn´t!!, and I miss that function!

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 05:42:02 PM »
Thanks Nunnus, but I can only make it work for the midi file and not for the audio file.
Where you able to empty both the song positions ?

Regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 05:50:16 PM »
No it doesn’t work!
Graham Foxall

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2017, 06:02:20 PM »
The strange thing is, when you record an audio file you can play it back on the screen, but if you try to play it back by pressing the song buttons over on the left you will get a different recording one which you have played previously, your new recording only arrives  in the player when it is loaded from its location in Genros.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »
I have found a method to empty both, SONG A and SONG B.
It is a bit strange but it works perfectly.

First :
Create 2 registrations, I named them '_EMPTY SONG' A and '_EMPTY SONG B'.
'_EMPTY SONG A' is a registration with a MIDI file in SONG A (any), and nothing in SONG B.
'_EMPTY SONG B' is a registration with a MIDI file in SONG B (any), and nothing in SONG A.
Save these registartions somewhere you can find them back if you need them.

---------------------------------------
1st problem solution:
Delete AUDIO file in SONG A
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG A' and the audio file in SONG A will be replaced by the MIDI file. If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

2nd problem solution:
Delete AUDIO file in SONG B.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG B' and the audio file in SONG B will be replaced by the MIDI file. If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

3rd problem solution:
Remove AUDIO SONG A and AUDIO SONG B.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG A' and the audio file in SONG A will be replaced by the MIDI file.
-> load Registration '_EMPTY SONG B' and the audio file in SONG B will be replaced by the MIDI file. Since SONG B is now being replaced by a MIDI file, the MIDI file in SONG A will automatically disappear.
If you also want to delete this MIDI file, go to MENU - MENU2 - SONG RECORDING - MIDI MULTI RECORDING - and then exit the screens by the cross in the right upper corner to the main screen and the MIDI file is also gone.

Hope my explanation is clear.

Best regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos

The following users thanked this post: maartenb

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 05:37:17 PM »
Well this was the same as I  said on the 17th Dec in this post.
Graham Foxall

Offline vlbrgt

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 06:10:33 PM »
Could you not just make up a BLANK song and use that when ever you want to have nothing in
A or B? Or just keep the slider over to one side.
Graham

What did you mean with a BLANK song ?

If a BLANK song means a song with no data (silent) then that doesn't work to empty the song A or song B position.
There still would be a file loaded into my registration.

Regards
Etienne
Volbragte@telenet.be
Genos