PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-S970/S770/S670 (SFF2)

S970 speaker sound

(1/6) > >>

Toril S:
Hello! Yesterday I had my second gig with my new S970 at our local senior club. Both times I have gotten complains from the audience. They think my old PSR 2100 (!) sounded better then my S970! I turned down the base (it was too much base for them), but they still think my old board sounded clearer. I have used my 2100 for 14 years in this club, so maybe their ears have gotten so used to it that they are having difficulties adapting to the richer sound of the S970?
The room I perform in is long and narrow, and it is a difficult room soundwise. Do you have any suggestions how I could get better sound out of my S970. ( I am NOT dragging the old 2100 back there, no way!) Until now I have avoided using a PA system, but maybe I just have to give in and buy one? I have looked at a Bose L1 compact. Since I am a one woman band, I can't have too heavy stuff. What is the best solution?

Telmo:
Toril,
I love the sound quality of the Yamaha Dbr-12. It's light, compact and awesome sound.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/yamaha-dbr12-powered-speaker

Paula:
 :)
 for a woman that Bose compact is great the cost is a lot,
    Paula

Toril S:
Thank you Telmo. I shall take a look at it :)

Toril S:
Hello Paula! I see in your gear list that you have a Bose L1. Are you satisfied with it? It sounded great in the music store. Yes, the cost is high, but I will buy only one. There is a limit to how much I can haul around. No car, no bandmates to help me. Only taxi drivers, and they are not always so service minded :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version