PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1)

48 years and still learning the simplist things!

(1/2) > >>

ekurburski:
I took my first computer course in programming (fortran) in 1969 at Central Texas College.  Even got an A in it.  But today I learned that although Win10 appears to automatically open zip files when you click on them it doesn't work on everything.  I j\have been fighting trying to use the EXFiles.zip file d/led from the files lessons here on the site.  My 3000 refused to see the files.  Finally after a week of back and forth here on the forum we came up with the solution.  Interestingly I am registered for 2 programming classes this coming spring semester at my local junior college.  I have more books on programming on my personal bookshelves
than my college library has.  I like to tell folks I have read trough the first chapter or two of each one of them and understand that much.  I got a AA in IT with a concentration in Programming 8-10 years ago and quite frankly can't program 'Hello World" in anything but html without opening a book.  I hope that I might change that with these courses.  Anyway, thank you PRS Tutorial for helping me learn something rather important about the Windows 10 OP.

Earl

Roger Brenizer:
Hi Earl,

I too once used fortran in my engineering and land surveying practice, along with about a dozen other languages.  There's always something new to learn.  My dad's words still ring in my ears today, as he was always saying; "Never stop learning, son."

Here's a link to PeaZip, which I believe you will find very useful in extracting the file contents of a Zip file.  It will extract Rar files also.

http://www.peazip.org/index.html

ekurburski:
Roger, mt problem does.t seem to be learning.  It's forgetting!

Earl

travlin-easy:
My wife told me the my mind was the second thing to go - I don't remember what the first was!

Gary 8)

Joe H:

--- Quote from: travlin-easy on December 14, 2017, 02:06:48 AM ---My wife told me the my mind was the second thing to go - I don't remember what the first was!

Gary 8)

--- End quote ---

LOL...  ;D

Joe H

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version