Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Happy with my T4 to T5/76 trade-up...

(1/5) > >>

Will49:
Hello everyone,

During my time of owning all Tyros models from the very first one up to T4, I’ve posted here on PSR Tutorial boards a few times over the years. However, I now introduce myself for the first time as a happy owner of a used Tyros 5/76-note keyboard! Whilst Genos is undoubtedly a very good keyboard, it has some features that I would hardly use. And I don't feel it has a big enough improvement (over the T5) in the styles and features that are of interest to me. Consequently, I didn't consider it to be worth all that vast amount of money that would have been needed on top of my T4 to get one!

So, as recently stated on the Genos board, I made my mind up to move up in steps, i.e: a used T5/76 for now, and maybe (and that's a big 'maybe'!) move up to a used Genos in about 18-24 months. Initially, I considered Tyros Tipster's deal of £949 with my T4 for a used T5/76 but that didn't happen in the end... long story! I then contacted other dealers: One was asking in excess of £1,300 (can't remember the exact figure) with my T4. One or two others never came back to me, and the chap at A&C Hamilton was gobsmacked when he heard what Tyros Tipster's T4 to T5/76 deal entailed. He said: "...the figures just don't add up", and assured me that no other dealer in the country could come anywhere close! Almost giving up, I e-mailed Bonners Music - despite not feeling optimistic for even a reply to be honest. So imagine my surprise when I had an e-mail back from Amanda Jones at Bonners... and even a bigger surprise when I came to the part of her e-mail that said they could match Tyros Tipsters! I was also reassured that it would be an immaculate T5/76, and that it included free delivery and collection of my T4... which all took place last Tuesday (5 December)!

It arrived in its original box as promised, and opening the box revealed that it was snuggly packaged in the proper polystyrene bits and wrapped in that white covering sheet. But as I am extremely OCD with my keyboards (as my wife will testify!), I unwrapped it with a certain level of trepidation about what I was going to find once I got it totally unpacked! Needless to say, therefore, how relieved I was to see that it was as immaculate as promised… complete with the plastic screen protector still on the screen! I thoroughly examined it from every angle and am pleased to say that I could not find a single fingerprint or anything else anywhere that would tell it apart from a brand new one!

My message to owners of Tyros(1) to Tyros 4 who might be reading this board with the view of changing up to a T5/76, is this:
Go for it, I highly recommend it! At first, you will find a lot of styles and some features from previous Tyroses are still there in the T5, and that's something I already knew anyway (and not a bad thing really), but there is MUCH, MUCH more to the T5/76 and I am happy that I took the plunge (I am currently exploring the Ensemble feature)! I am also very happy to highly recommend Bonners Music. If you give them a bell, ask for Tom Parsons or Amanda Jones. I conclude by saying that, for a home player like me, I think the T5/76 is a fantastic arranger!

Kind regards,
Will

Telmo:
Congratulations Will,
Surely you will have a lot of fun with your little toy, Tyros 5. And remember, if you want to give it a Genos sound flavour, you can try this EQ Settings:  http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41147.msg322965.html#msg322965
What's more, you can even try some of Genos styles on your Tyros-5 like this dude here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96V0w0YZFs&feature=youtu.be
Happy playing.

Will49:
Hi Telmo,

Many thanks for replying, and for offering advice concerning EQ settings for my T5. I'm currently not at my keyboard, but will certainly try this next time I turn it on!

One thing that did notice when I first turned my T5 on after unpacking, and connecting up to my Hi-Fi, was that its overall volume level was much lower than it was on the T4 that I had before it - despite the volume knobs of both T5 and the Hi-Fi being exactly in the same position that I always used for the T4. Anyone else noticed this? Anyhow, perhaps the advice on EQ that you have just offered will remedy this?

Kind regards,
Will

Del B:
Hi Will
Yes the EQ settings will remedy the volume issue and you will probably have to turn the volume knob down when you have made the adjustment, I used have my volume turned fully up now it is set to around 65-70%

Will49:
Thank you Del B. I shall certainly be trying this! 😊

Kind regards,
Will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version