Author Topic: Genos Registration - Playlist  (Read 24456 times)

Offline ckobu

Re: Genos Registration - Playlist
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2021, 07:40:46 AM »
If we want to base the Playlist only on songs (SONG mp3 or SONG MIDI, whatever) we can use creating a List menu (Song player). If I understood John and Fred’s writing well, there are all the options you mentioned here.

https://youtu.be/3NH3QTpdDH4
Watch my video channel

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2021, 12:54:44 PM »
If we want to base the Playlist only on songs (SONG mp3 or SONG MIDI, whatever) we can use creating a List menu (Song player). If I understood John and Fred’s writing well, there are all the options you mentioned here.

https://youtu.be/3NH3QTpdDH4

I’m familiar with Songlists. But I’m not interested in using midis (or MP3s). I play exclusively with registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2021, 03:54:16 PM »
Hi
I have  just looked at playlists and it would be nice if you could go to the Registration section and add and just select a playlist song and it is already loaded.
So by just pressing the song in the playlist it is all set to go. Instead of selecting and pressing load.
Surely Yamaha have just to make a pathway to the registration.
On the playlist you can see more songs per screen than the registation view, so all it needs is a link for just the song name and then pages and pages for the playlist.
I am not a computer programmer , but would that not quicken things up for the player gigging. ...

Hi John,

I don't know if I understood correctly what exactly you are talking about here.

In any case, you can create Playlist records in such a way that when you call up a song in the Playlist, the relevant Registration bank is loaded and the desired Registration button is automatically activated so that you are immediately ready to play.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2021, 08:12:29 PM »
I don't know if I understood correctly what exactly you are talking about here.

In any case, you can create Playlist records in such a way that when you call up a song in the Playlist, the relevant Registration bank is loaded and the desired Registration button is automatically activated so that you are immediately ready to play.

Chris,

The problem John is talking about is you have to tap the registration name twice. Once to put in in focus, and once to load it. It would be nice to have the option to need only one tap.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline ckobu

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2021, 08:24:42 PM »
Only now is it clear to me what you would like. That option already exists. If the check mark is pressed directly, the playlist entry is automatically active. Only one click is required.
Look at the moment when I call the song More Than Words

https://youtu.be/rxnn8LA6Vao?t=392
Watch my video channel

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2021, 11:50:16 PM »
Only now is it clear to me what you would like. That option already exists. If the check mark is pressed directly, the playlist entry is automatically active. Only one click is required.
Look at the moment when I call the song More Than Words

Well, how about that. You tap the checkmark. Who'd have thought of that.

Thanks, ckobu. You learn something new everyday.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ