PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-3000/1500 (SFF1)

usb stick not working like tutorial

(1/3) > >>

ekurburski:
OK inserted new usb into 3000 and tried to follow Joe's directions.  The stick has san disk formating and the one folder exFiles on it.  Nothing shows up.

Reloaded original stick that came with the kb and now see it ind all of its folders.  Don't understand though.  The user disk contains hunderds of files.  I thoght it was supposed to only hold 20-30 files.  The sd card aldo has huge # of files.

Earl

XeeniX:
Did you check what kind of files are in that folder? As in on your 3000 style wiles wil not show up when you check the folder via teh registration load button (J) same goes for other files. Only the appropriate files for the button you choose will be shown.

There is btw also a limit to the number of files that can reside in one single folder.
Depending on what keyboard you have. I don't know the limit for an A3000 by heart, but test it with lets say 250 style files copied into a folder on that usb drive (do that on your pc) and then connect it to your keyboard. Push the style button (D) and see if something shows up. If not reduce the number of files if they do show up go back to your pc and copy 100 more into that same folder and repat until they do NOT show up by then you will know how many files you can fit into one folder.

Then there is the filename length limit. If filenames are too long (again you can test this by creating some files with long names). Files with too long names will not be shown.

Does the stick work properly on your A3000? Can you for example save a style to it?

Peter

travlin-easy:
Earl, you can only see the files in the category you are looking at. For example, if you select style file, then tab to the USB drive, you will not see the registrations, midi files, etc... You will just see style files. If you want to see registrations, you must be in the registration section of the keyboard, same with midi files.  Now, you can see individual folders, but when you open those folders in the wrong area, they will appear empty, when they actually do hold an enormous amount of files.

Hope this clears things up for you,

Gary 8)

XeeniX:
Thank you for translating my typo's into English Gary ;)

travlin-easy:
Now you know why I get the big bucks! ;)

Merry Christmas,

Gary 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version