Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

My Pa4x failed last week. How reliable is a made in China Genos?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Robert van Weersch:

--- Quote from: bluali on December 11, 2017, 06:03:55 PM ---My made in China Pa4x failed last week :o . (...) this incident of keyboard failure made me worry about reliability of a made in China ??? Genos (...)

--- End quote ---
When I bought my (Japan made) T5-76, it had a defect within one week and the dealer (and Yamaha) replaced the entire unit with a new one under warranty. So "Japan made" products can and will also fail :)

Pianoman:
I don't remember where I have read it or heard it.
But isn't the Korg PA4X made in Italy?

I could be wrong of course, but it is something I must have read somewhere.

My Tyros didn't power up one day just after setting up my gear for a gig.
After sweating and thinking something is wrong with the keyboard, an event manager came up to me and suggested that I try another power cable that he had.

And the Tyros immediately powered up. It turned out that my thick indestructible looking power cable was the culprit.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Lee Batchelor:

--- Quote from: Robert van Weersch on December 12, 2017, 07:32:21 AM ---When I bought my (Japan made) T5-76, it had a defect within one week and the dealer (and Yamaha) replaced the entire unit with a new one under warranty. So "Japan made" products can and will also fail :)

--- End quote ---

Unlike Honda, at least that's only one T5. You sure don't hear a lot of stories about T5 failures. You should visit the Honda forums and read about the huge numbers of American-made nightmares, one after another. If Yamaha had the same track record as the American-made Honda Odyssey, none of us would be gigging. Our keyboards would be in the shop constantly.

Tommy 73:
I believe the PA4X is assembled in Italy (components manufactured ?)....i had two faulty PA4X before the 3rd stable one... both the first and second units had faults on the mother boards and suffered episode's  of freezing and locking up and unfortunately others on the korg forum where also reporting the same issues... so after  18 months of problems all now seems to be well with the 3rd unit with some time over ground coverd ..... manufactures in the west have to keep a very strong grip on quality Procol when using Chinese manufacturing facilities...I know two pro audio manufactures out side this thread that have pulled the plug on China because of issues...i own products from both these company's and have talked at length about this with them...BUT...Yamaha are a big company and one would like to think they have covered this ground considering most on the inside of manufacturing genraly know what can go wrong when turning to China in the Pursuit of Profit where this can be double edged sword and a fine line to walk.

Will49:

--- Quote from: Pianoman on December 12, 2017, 07:39:16 AM ---I don't remember where I have read it or heard it.
But isn't the Korg PA4X made in Italy?
--- End quote ---
Hi Pianoman,

Korg and the ‘Italian connection’:
“Korg Italy operates independently under the Korg brand name, with its own dedicated Research and Development department that handles not just the electronic and musical part, but also all other aspects of product design, including the mechanics, hardware, industrial design and everything else that goes into a new product”, says Jürgen Schmitz here:
http://www.solidthinking.com/pdf/CS0902_E001Korg_eng.pdf

Kind regards,
Will

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version