Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Piano touch

<< < (3/3)

jgriffin:
Hey Marcus....I set these to HEAVY because I am accustomed to playing with weighted keys (that's actually what I prefer).  Are there any of the others settings related to these options that I should try as well?  Is HEAVY actually right for me since I tend to play with a heavier touch?  What is the "Fixed Velocity" about?  Thanks for your help.

Lee Batchelor:
Janet, fixed velocity makes each key sound with the same volume, regardless of how soft or hard you hit the keys. If you were raised playing a piano, the hard setting is likely best. Remember, these keys aren't dampened as well as the electric or real, fully weighted keys. You can damage them if you hit too hard :).

Marcus:

--- Quote from: jgriffin on December 13, 2017, 11:10:31 AM ---Hey Marcus....I set these to HEAVY because I am accustomed to playing with weighted keys (that's actually what I prefer).  Are there any of the others settings related to these options that I should try as well?  Is HEAVY actually right for me since I tend to play with a heavier touch?  What is the "Fixed Velocity" about?  Thanks for your help.

--- End quote ---

These are your global settings, so your touch setting is going to affect all the touch sensitive voices you play. I assume the " heavy" setting, because that's how you prefer to play the piano voices on your Genos. If this setting doesn't throw off your preferred touch sensitivity to other voice types, then by all means leave your preference at the "heavy" setting.

One can also fine tune touch sensitivity to an individual voice within the Voice Set parameters and save that custom voice or save to a registration. I have to be careful commenting too much before I actual try out a Genos, because I am basing my experiences from a Tyros 5 perspective and I may of overlooked new changes on the Genos.

Marcus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version