Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

Songbook Plus Extacting single pages from PDF book

<< < (5/5)

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Wouter1972 on May 19, 2018, 03:27:16 AM ---I have a few questions about Songbook connected to Tyros5:

1. I have connected my ipadpro with a lightening to USB cable(female) to a USB to host connection (printercable) in my Tyros5. There is no WLAN connection. Will this physical connection work?

2. I have created a midi template but am unsure what the settings in transmit and receive are for this type of connection (I can’t change song into channel 1 Midi or USB A). What should my template look like?

3. Should the above work, I have watched Fred’s YouTube video and followed it to the letter (MSB, LSB and program change). However it doesn’t seem to work for me. Could it be that I haven’t gotten my first two questions right?

--- End quote ---

1. Yes, the USB to host is the right port, and should look like Midi A to both the keyboard and the iPad.
2. In your midi definition, Part "SONG CH1" must be set to Channel "MIDI A/USB CH1". There also needs to be check marks under CC and PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't change song into channel 1 midi ...", but this needs to be done. You highlight SONG CH1 using the B button, then change the Channel using the 3 button.
3. Probably yes.

Troubleshoot as follows.
1. Load your midi control file.
2. Go to the Midi Transmit screen. You'll see a Tx monitor there. Highlight the SONG CH1 Part. Press (song) play. You should see an orange light flash under the 1 on the Midi A/USB row. If you can't see it flash, your problem is here. Once you see the light flash, you know data is being transmitted out the USB port on Channel 1.
3. Once you see data transmitted, your iPad needs to receive it. Load Songbook, press the ellipsis, and choose Open Midi/Bluetooth monitor. Now press (song) Play on the keyboard. You should see gobbledygook being displayed on this screen. If you don't see anything, then reception is your problem. You need to check the cable, port connection, etc, or reset the midi timing (top of the screen).
4. Once you see gobbledygook, exit and press Play on the keyboard. Your pdf should be loaded. If not, you need to check the correspondence between your midi file and songbook:
-- On the keyboard, go to Song Creator>1-16 tab. Make sure the proper commands are there (MSB, LSB, PG). You may have to turn the filter to All On
-- On Songbook, edit the file, ensure "Auto open on MIDI command" is on, and the MSB/LSB/PG codes are correct.

Good luck,
Fred

Wouter1972:
Fred Smith, thank you very much for your detailed steps on how to address my problems with songbook.

I will try it out and keep you posted on my progress. ;D

Wouter

Wouter1972:

--- Quote from: Fred Smith on May 19, 2018, 07:56:29 AM ---1. Yes, the USB to host is the right port, and should look like Midi A to both the keyboard and the iPad.
2. In your midi definition, Part "SONG CH1" must be set to Channel "MIDI A/USB CH1". There also needs to be check marks under CC and PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't change song into channel 1 midi ...", but this needs to be done. You highlight SONG CH1 using the B button, then change the Channel using the 3 button.
3. Probably yes.

Troubleshoot as follows.
1. Load your midi control file.
2. Go to the Midi Transmit screen. You'll see a Tx monitor there. Highlight the SONG CH1 Part. Press (song) play. You should see an orange light flash under the 1 on the Midi A/USB row. If you can't see it flash, your problem is here. Once you see the light flash, you know data is being transmitted out the USB port on Channel 1.
3. Once you see data transmitted, your iPad needs to receive it. Load Songbook, press the ellipsis, and choose Open Midi/Bluetooth monitor. Now press (song) Play on the keyboard. You should see gobbledygook being displayed on this screen. If you don't see anything, then reception is your problem. You need to check the cable, port connection, etc, or reset the midi timing (top of the screen).
4. Once you see gobbledygook, exit and press Play on the keyboard. Your pdf should be loaded. If not, you need to check the correspondence between your midi file and songbook:
-- On the keyboard, go to Song Creator>1-16 tab. Make sure the proper commands are there (MSB, LSB, PG). You may have to turn the filter to All On
-- On Songbook, edit the file, ensure "Auto open on MIDI command" is on, and the MSB/LSB/PG codes are correct.

I have followed your steps Fred.

The problem I’m having is with my midi template.
For some reason I’m not able to change the channel to Midi A/USB. Instead I can only set the channel to Port 1 or Port 2 (up to 16). Strange....a midifile while playing back does now show an orange flickering light ;D

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version