Author Topic: Songbook Plus Extacting single pages from PDF book  (Read 18763 times)

Offline stephenm52

Songbook Plus Extacting single pages from PDF book
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:15:59 PM »
Can anyone tell me or point me on the “how to” extract single or a few pages from a fake book in pdf form?    Thanks
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

gerarde

Re: Songbook Plus Extacting single pages from PDF book
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:30:10 PM »
You could highlight the pages you need with SHIFT and move the mouse to the end of what you need.
Press CTRL + C to copy.
Open Microsoft Word, if you have it.
Create a blank document.
Press CTRL + V to paste into the Word document.
Then you can SAVE AS, give it a name, and you can then select the format to save it to.
I save to a PDF document.

Gerard

The following users thanked this post: Jørgen

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:31:09 PM »
Hi

I use http://www.pdfsam.org

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »
Thanks, but I know there’s a simpler way that it can be done right in the app, I’ve done it in the past but this aging brain doesn’t remember where I was able to do so.   :-X

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 09:12:38 PM »
https://smallpdf.com/split-pdf

I use this site.
You dont have to do much.
Just upload the file and select the pages you want to extract.Then download the selected pages to your pc.

here are some sites for managing the pdf files on line for free.

http://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-pdf

http://www.pdfmerge.com/

http://smallpdf.com

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
Oops my bad.  I meant to write how to extract single pages from  SONGBOOK PLUS.  Sorry I left out key information.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:40 PM »
Thanks, but I know there’s a simpler way that it can be done right in the app, I’ve done it in the past but this aging brain doesn’t remember where I was able to do so.   :-X

You Edit the song. Under Document>All pages you specify which pages you want displayed for the song.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
Thank you Fred

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 02:48:58 AM »
You Edit the song. Under Document>All pages you specify which pages you want displayed for the song.

Fred

Fred,  You refreshed my memory but every time I extract a few pages from a book of pdf lead sheets the book with the other pages and lead sheets disappears.  I know I'm missing something, any advice?

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Thecooltool

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 08:35:44 PM »
I recommend a virtual PDF printer. Choose "print", a virtual printer and the format in which you want to get the file. Instead of printing, the virtual printer creates a file with the selected pages.

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 07:04:54 AM »
I’ve been using a workaround.  It’s unReal book I can easily extract single or multiple pages, I email them to myself then when I download I simply choose “Open in Songbook Plus.”    Thank you Thecooltool, I appreciate your feedback.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline pjd

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2018, 09:47:43 PM »
I recommend a virtual PDF printer. Choose "print", a virtual printer and the format in which you want to get the file. Instead of printing, the virtual printer creates a file with the selected pages.

Hi Stephen -- I'm using CutePDF Writer. It's free. -- pj

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2018, 10:49:27 PM »
Hi Stephen -- I'm using CutePDF Writer. It's free. -- pj

Same here...

Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2018, 01:25:42 AM »
Thank you Jørgen and PJ, I’ll give that one a try. 

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline voodoo

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2018, 10:03:16 PM »
Another solution is the following:

* use full pdf with all pages
* tell Songbook+ to open pdf at intended page number

This can be done in the song setup in Songbook+.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline voodoo

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2018, 10:15:26 PM »
Here is the setting: action on startup -> goto page.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 08:18:01 AM »
After all is said and done the best method for my use is to export the single page using unReal Book from a fake book with multiple pages to email to myself.  From that point I open the pdf then choose to open with Songbook Plus. Works very well and is simple for my use.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline John T4

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 05:09:05 AM »
Hi
I have just brought songbook, as I have a Genos and thought it would be good to link pdf to registration and the reverse.
It seems from reading this, and playing with the program you CAN NOT extract a single song from a book, e.g. fake book....

So I raised this with songbook and got a reply within minutes, excellent service.

Hi
You can assign the same PDF book to multiple songs and then configure the page range that you want to see for this song in the edit window of the song, by clicking the "(All pages)" button.

When the book is assigned to a song, it will no longer appear in the section "Unused documents", but you can press the "+" button to display all documents, not just the unused ones.
Also in the edit window of a song, when you press the "..." button for selecting the book PDF, you initially see only the PDF's that are not yet assigned to any song, but there is an option "Show all documents" to also display the other ones.

Did that answer your question?

Best regards,
Matthias Bauer, Developer of SongBook+

BauM-Software (SongBook+)[/size]

thanks
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 05:50:36 AM by John T4 »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 07:31:39 AM »
Thank you JohnT4 your effort is appreciated.

Maybe this old brain I have isn’t working properly.  Despite those directions I still can’t figure this all out. Based on the frustration I’ve gone thru trying to get it to work, I have opted to continue doing what I wrote above i.e. emailing the single sheets from unReal book to myself then choosing to open the single sheet in Songbook plus.  It works for me and I’ve done it so many times I can almost get it done while I’m in my sleep.  F

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Wouter1972

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 03:27:16 AM »
Hi,

I have a few questions about Songbook connected to Tyros5:

1. I have connected my ipadpro with a lightening to USB cable(female) to a USB to host connection (printercable) in my Tyros5. There is no WLAN connection. Will this physical connection work?

2. I have created a midi template but am unsure what the settings in transmit and receive are for this type of connection (I can’t change song into channel 1 Midi or USB A). What should my template look like?

3. Should the above work, I have watched Fred’s YouTube video and followed it to the letter (MSB, LSB and program change). However it doesn’t seem to work for me. Could it be that I haven’t gotten my first two questions right?

Wouter

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 07:56:29 AM »
I have a few questions about Songbook connected to Tyros5:

1. I have connected my ipadpro with a lightening to USB cable(female) to a USB to host connection (printercable) in my Tyros5. There is no WLAN connection. Will this physical connection work?

2. I have created a midi template but am unsure what the settings in transmit and receive are for this type of connection (I can’t change song into channel 1 Midi or USB A). What should my template look like?

3. Should the above work, I have watched Fred’s YouTube video and followed it to the letter (MSB, LSB and program change). However it doesn’t seem to work for me. Could it be that I haven’t gotten my first two questions right?

1. Yes, the USB to host is the right port, and should look like Midi A to both the keyboard and the iPad.
2. In your midi definition, Part "SONG CH1" must be set to Channel "MIDI A/USB CH1". There also needs to be check marks under CC and PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't change song into channel 1 midi ...", but this needs to be done. You highlight SONG CH1 using the B button, then change the Channel using the 3 button.
3. Probably yes.

Troubleshoot as follows.
1. Load your midi control file.
2. Go to the Midi Transmit screen. You'll see a Tx monitor there. Highlight the SONG CH1 Part. Press (song) play. You should see an orange light flash under the 1 on the Midi A/USB row. If you can't see it flash, your problem is here. Once you see the light flash, you know data is being transmitted out the USB port on Channel 1.
3. Once you see data transmitted, your iPad needs to receive it. Load Songbook, press the ellipsis, and choose Open Midi/Bluetooth monitor. Now press (song) Play on the keyboard. You should see gobbledygook being displayed on this screen. If you don't see anything, then reception is your problem. You need to check the cable, port connection, etc, or reset the midi timing (top of the screen).
4. Once you see gobbledygook, exit and press Play on the keyboard. Your pdf should be loaded. If not, you need to check the correspondence between your midi file and songbook:
-- On the keyboard, go to Song Creator>1-16 tab. Make sure the proper commands are there (MSB, LSB, PG). You may have to turn the filter to All On
-- On Songbook, edit the file, ensure "Auto open on MIDI command" is on, and the MSB/LSB/PG codes are correct.

Good luck,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Wouter1972

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Fred Smith, thank you very much for your detailed steps on how to address my problems with songbook.

I will try it out and keep you posted on my progress. ;D

Wouter

Wouter1972

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2018, 06:11:48 PM »
1. Yes, the USB to host is the right port, and should look like Midi A to both the keyboard and the iPad.
2. In your midi definition, Part "SONG CH1" must be set to Channel "MIDI A/USB CH1". There also needs to be check marks under CC and PC. I'm not sure what you mean by "can't change song into channel 1 midi ...", but this needs to be done. You highlight SONG CH1 using the B button, then change the Channel using the 3 button.
3. Probably yes.

Troubleshoot as follows.
1. Load your midi control file.
2. Go to the Midi Transmit screen. You'll see a Tx monitor there. Highlight the SONG CH1 Part. Press (song) play. You should see an orange light flash under the 1 on the Midi A/USB row. If you can't see it flash, your problem is here. Once you see the light flash, you know data is being transmitted out the USB port on Channel 1.
3. Once you see data transmitted, your iPad needs to receive it. Load Songbook, press the ellipsis, and choose Open Midi/Bluetooth monitor. Now press (song) Play on the keyboard. You should see gobbledygook being displayed on this screen. If you don't see anything, then reception is your problem. You need to check the cable, port connection, etc, or reset the midi timing (top of the screen).
4. Once you see gobbledygook, exit and press Play on the keyboard. Your pdf should be loaded. If not, you need to check the correspondence between your midi file and songbook:
-- On the keyboard, go to Song Creator>1-16 tab. Make sure the proper commands are there (MSB, LSB, PG). You may have to turn the filter to All On
-- On Songbook, edit the file, ensure "Auto open on MIDI command" is on, and the MSB/LSB/PG codes are correct.

I have followed your steps Fred.

The problem I’m having is with my midi template.
For some reason I’m not able to change the channel to Midi A/USB. Instead I can only set the channel to Port 1 or Port 2 (up to 16). Strange....a midifile while playing back does now show an orange flickering light ;D

« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 06:50:42 PM by Wouter1972 »