Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Registration Problem Continues -Now Playlist Malfunctions

<< < (2/6) > >>

torben:
Hi Bob

You write: "The same style kept popping up when I selected a different reg ..".

Have you remembered that you have to "LOAD" the regfile AFTER  you select it??? Otherwise the old file will remain active ...

Greetings

Torben

Bob88:
  Hi Torben:   I use the same procedure as i always have done.  I click on the desired file from a list, press button one in the registration and then sync/start and  play the keys on the Genos.  It has always been  no problem until now.  Thank you for posting.  Bob

torben:
Hi Bob - works fine, except if you use a playlist ...

Torben

dragon:
Hi Bob,
I too have been pulling out my hair at this machine. I don't think it was ready for sale and I feel like an unpaid Beta tester. I have already mentioned my frustration to my supplier. I am only a hobbyist, but have found many problems with registrations which worked perfectly on Tyros 5 and have problems on Genos. Audio pads have to be remade. Custom style links are lost. Even Tyros 5 onboard style links on regs are wrong as these styles have disappeared on Genos. Yamaha have not even mentioned which styles were dropped. Some styles have changed and sound "wrong" with the Registration I have previously made. I can resolve the problems thanks to Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager, however, this is very time consuming. I have a copy of all the Tyros 5 styles on my user drive and on a USB stick that I use to play on someone else's Genos which I use when I play at the local keyboard club ( so I can link my regs to these styles) I used to keep my "play away" USB stick plugged into my front USB slot so that I could duplicate my play away regs but now I have to keep plugging and unplugging this stick so that the Genos does not become confused with the stick numbering system. The Auto off switch does not work.
Registration minus cannot be used from the dial (worked on Tyros 5) so I have found a workaround and allocated a programmable button to do this. I do Registration plus from a foot pedal as I did before. I have also missed the fade out button, but allocated a button to do this. The faders cannot be seen in dim light so I have put led lights above them. I have been unable to get my previously paid expansion packs from Yamaha, even though the Genos is registered. Apparently I need to phone or email support to get this to happen.
Because I have had such a headache sorting all this out I have found that there is a lack of enjoyment in playing the Genos.
When I play without any problems, it sounds wonderful.
I am eagerly awaiting a Genus update and for the Yamaha Musicsoft site to be programmed properly, so that I can get my new free pack along with the packs I have already paid for.
Basically I wish I had waited 6 months before upgrading from Tyros 5.
I phoned Yamaha UK support 3 days after receiving my Genos, about the USB numbering system problems. As I had an early delivery machine, I had more hands on experience on the Genos than the Yamah tech I talked to. He replicated the problems I was having with USB stick allocation and was going to get back to me. Not heard a thing since.
At the demos of the Genos, it is mentioned as being Tyros 5 compatible. I'm afraid that statement is not 100% correct.
I really like Yamaha keyboards but feel this one is not consumer ready. The software appears unstable. Therefore I feel for you Bob, as I am not sure what the Genos is going to do next, like yourself.
Cheers Carol

Bob88:
  Thank you Carol.  Sorry to hear that you are havng Genos problems.     I must say it is not reassuring
 when the manuals produced  were lacking the proper information and  the reference manual needed
 replacing along with a firmware update.  I am not blaming Yamaha for my problem.  I just want a solution.  Yamaha were quite helpful when I had an issue with some of the keys on my Tyros5.  I could elaborate more re my Genos  but  will wait for  other responses.  I have not even attempted  to tackle recording or connecting with Songbook+  . Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version