Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Registration Problem Continues -Now Playlist Malfunctions

(1/6) > >>

Bob88:
   With much apprehension I write once more of the continued frustration I am having with my Genos. After a difficult beginning of  getting  familiar with the new functions
of the new flagship, I finally felt somewhat comfortable due to the assistance of many
who took time to point me in the right direction.  The remarkable potential of this keyboard had finally made some sense.
   Now I have reached a state of endless disappointment with features that consistently do not
perform properly.  As stated earlier, my registrations seemed to play fine and then suddenly the
registrations no longer recognized the style that was assigned there. These registration were copies from my Tyros 5. The same sty le kept popping up when I selecte a different reg.  If that was not enough, the voice buttons on the registrations frequently emit a warbling tremelo effect
like the sound from a theatre organ registration.
   There's more. Last night I was exporing the bonus playlist. First they worked fine  Then when I moved from one song on the list to the next and pressed the first button on the registration, it immediately jumped back to the previous one that was last played and did so no matter what song or  genre I chose.
    With this existing condition  this instrument is not playable for a live performance.  Granted sometimes ot seems to revert back to normality(I don't know why) but I cannot rely on it.  I have  2 gigs booked for the new year and unless there is a resolve I will cancel.  I purchased this instrument mainly for enjoyment.  There is no way it will ever pay for itself but it would be nice to recoup some of my investment.
   I have  had one response from a PSR Forum member who also experienced the weird voice sounds.  I tried a soft reset
and it did not resolve that issue.  All of the other issues with the Genos seem to be corrceted but this one is huge.   I am tired of posting negative messages.  When my Genos plays like it should  it is AMAZING !    How do I get back to enjoying what is my most satisfying time each day?

hammer:
Rob,
You have to be doing something wrong.  I downloaded and copied the Yamaha supplied playlist to a thumb drive and have played it from both USB ports with absolutely no issues.  I copied it to the USER section and it plays from there also with now problems at all.   I did not copy it to the "hidden" thumb drive.   I also copied all of my Tyros 4 gig setups to a thumb drive and then to the USER section of the Genos and they all play perfectly with not a single issue.  I have played about 10 gigs with the Genos using this setup with not problems.

Suggestion:  Try deleting ALL your T5 stuff and starting the copy process all over again.  Copy everything to a single thumb drive.  Try playing your setups from the top USB port.  If you used third party styles you might find a few songs that don't work but all others should work just fine.

Deane

Deane

Bill:
Hi Bob

Until Yamaha sort out the problem with Drive letter allocation I would suggest that you ONLY work with ONE  USB STICK.

Bill

GrantB:
Hi Bob,

I have to agree that it's probably best to wait until Yamaha sort out the Drive letter issue. I am having the same problem and I contacted Yamaha Support and their response was the following.

'This is something that we are looking into, as we are aware of this issue .As long as there is only 1 USB connected into either the front or back USB sockets you should not have this issue.'

I think its pretty bad for a company to sell an expensive machine which has already had a firmware update that does not work as it should and then tell the customer not to use any of the extra USB slots. 

For the present I am have taken out the lower USB and am just using the top slot and it appears sort of okay.

Cheers

Grant

Grant

Bob88:
Deane, Bill and Grant:  Thank you for taking time to reply.  It's interesting that a number of forum members have had no problems with the new Genos , but as you stated Grant,  Yamaha  has a admitted  they are aware of the problem we are having.  I envy those who can enjoy the Genos fully.
 Regards, Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version