Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

First Gig With Genos

<< < (13/13)

Lee Batchelor:
Agreed, Gary.

Last summer, three of us (keys, bass, and drums) played a seniors picnic outside for 300 people. I used my two Compacts and added my 15 inch home-made sub to do the heavy bass lifting. I used the T5 for piano voices only, since we had a bass guitar player and drummer. I routed the bass guitar through a DI-->SoundCraft mixer-->Bose Compacts (for a little top end)-->Monitor out-->Behringer amp-->15 inch sub.

I agree, the Bose Compacts won't (nor were they designed for) play heavier bass for crowds that big, outside - but the vocals, keys, and upper range bass guitar cut through the afternoon air like a knife. The area was about 60 x 150 feet. I was pleased! I also know a good horn speaker will project very well, but the people up front get killed. We set up in a spot where there was a table about 20 feet away. We had no complaints about being loud, like we used to with the larger and heavier Yorkville gear.

sugarplumsss:

--- Quote from: travlin-easy on December 11, 2017, 09:14:23 PM ---Abby, I have used the Bose L1 PAS and L1 Compact systems for more than a decade...................
In this part of the world, Bose has outstanding service, especially for those of us who are making a living as musical entertainers. Most of the time, if you have a problem, which I never had, but I know others that did, they overnighted a replacement system to them so they would not lose a work night. I know of no other company that would do that for an OMB entertainer.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)

--- End quote ---

Gary is the best, as many here know.
As far as Bose service goes. Check this out. I have the 3000 dollar L1 model 2 system.
I had an issue with distortion.. the Bose L1 consists of 5 parts.. the amp/brain, 2 satellites, and a sub plus a tonematch mixer.
Bose sent me 4 of the five parts of the system immediately.
That means I had about 5500 dollars of Bose equipment on hand. They kindly, amazingly said, send back the original system.. I forgot their wording ( this was 3 years ago ) but the wording was casually put, like no urgency... complete unheard of trust!!

This service policy is unparalled in my long life in music biz. Bose service is top of the top.

iain:
I have 4 Bose 802s and drive them with a peavey 3000watt amp you could lift with one finger I tried the Bose L1 great on stage but back of even small hall no sound
always looking for light alternative speakers after 25 years still no match for 802s

travlin-easy:
Did you use the Bose L1 Compact? If so, did you put in the extensions? Without the extensions it would not reach the far end of a small hall - with them in place, it will reach the end of a large hall, at least that has been my experience during the past decade.

All the best,

Gary :cool:

iain:
It was the first ones to come out I don’t know what compact means but it had speakers all the way up I was not impressed but I realised that things have moved on so looking for suggestions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version