Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Convert .RGT Files from earlier keyboards to work on T5

(1/4) > >>

adrianed:
Hi Folks, I could do with a bit of help to convert Registration files to suit a T5
I have say a list of .Reg files on my computer and don't know which keyboard some of them are meant for and others are meant for a Tyros 2
I want to use them on a T5
I have Murrays Registration Manager loaded on the Computer but cant make it work
I think it is just that I haven't got the idea how to do it even though I have the instructions
The instructions keep referring to registration Banks but of course I simply have them on my computer so they are banks as we know them on a keyboard they are just Registrations in a folder
Any words of wisdom would be welcome
The thing is I have many bought registrations that I bought for my T2 and now want to use them on my T5
I also have many registrations that have been given to us on this website and want to push them through a converter then I will have a better idea if they will work for me
Adrian

overover:
Hi Adrian,

the file extension .REG was used on PSR-9000 models and OLDER. Tyros1 and newer models use .RGT extension for Registration Bank files.

To my knowledge, the only way to make a .RGT file from a .REG file is to use "Tyros2 File Converter" software program. The resulting .RGT files should can be loaded directly into the T5, or you can convert it once more, by using Murray Best's Registration Manager.

You can also use "Tyros3 File Converter" in a second step  before (to convert Tyros2 format into Tyros3 format).

BUT you should NOT expect too much from converting these VERY OLD Registrations. It could be that the result is completely useless on the T5!

----> Download Tyros2 and Tyros 3 File Converters

Best regards,
Chris

Dick Rector:
Mmmmmm, as Chris mentioned, I don't think it will be as good as the original from the old keyboard. I have been trying to convert REG's to RGT's a few times but the result was not worth the effort and it still needed a lot of tweaking.
Some parts sound more or less okay but it is quicker to start from scratch is my opinion. Use the originals as a guideline to create new.

adrianed:
Hi Chris and Dick,

Sorry I made a mistake in the Subject Heading

The files I want to convert are .RGT

Adrian  :-[ :-[

Dick Rector:
Ohhh that makes a big difference. In that case you can use Murray's RGT converter program. Works like a dream. Just put in the destination keyboard, load an RGT from an older model and hit convert. Done!
If you don't have it you'll find it on the homepage somewhere.

BTW the two Yamaha converters mentioned earlier don't convert REG's either. Long ago but I tried connected Midi In - Midi Out with two keyboards. Not very successful.

Have fun.
Dick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version