Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Deciding to stick with your T5?

<< < (2/6) > >>

agoldstraw:
Thanks for the feedback, guys. On reflection, I've decided to go with the Genos mostly because I will be using it on cramped stages and the smaller dimensions will be helpful (as well as the reduced weight – I have a long-term back issue I need to watch) – black will look better on stage; a small point, I know... Also, the improved piano will also be helpful in the odd gig where I might have to use the Genos as my only board. I already have a Yamaha CP4 stage piano, which has the CFX sample too, so it's kind of a known quantity. Going to wait until after Christmas, though, with an eye on getting a potentially better deal.

GTS:
I am sticking with the Tyros 5 due to the lack of "Indian Packs" on the Genos. Would have loved to get the Genos, but very disappointed with Indian Packs not there or even on the horizon for the near future from Yamaha.

GTS...

Gandalf43:

Tyros 5 forever  :) :) I love it

cheers
Udo

valio7771:
Yes, I'm staying with my T5 as well for 3 major reasons:

* I've invested too much time already in re-voicing all 500+ working Registrations and MIDI's and re-made quite a lot of them from scratch using new styles, and still improving and expanding even more.
* In my opinion, it's not so much of an update for the price of the Genos, and money does not grow on the trees where I live.
* It is still VERY capable and beautifully sounding keyboard.The only major reason that I'll someday get Genos or it's successor, it's gonna be because of the extra DSP power, since I begun to enjoy and rely on DSP quite heavily as soon I as bought my T5 after more than 10 years of playing in my old 9000Pro as my main keyboard, I just enjoy it too much. Than, having said that, yeah....there'll probably be some time before I decide to change my T5 for something that is worth the upgrade, both for the $$$ and features. ;D

keyplayer:
Well I have decided to stay with my T5 for much the same reasons as Valio. I feel I would probably appreciate the ease of access of many of the features of the Genos but I feel the T5 is still a great keyboard and I'm happy to keep with it, especially having just bought a V-Console and have now spent even more time on my existing registrations.
However, what I'm thinking of is next year buying decent speakers to stop me constantly fiddling with the equaliser settings, I would like an overall warmer sound! 
Pam

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version