Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Deciding to stick with your T5?

<< < (6/6)

Telmo:
I agree with you all. With Tyros-5 you can fly as high as your creativity can take you. Let me show you what I mean:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yiFZFol-gc&feature=youtu.be

Will49:

--- Quote from: poinsot on January 14, 2018, 07:17:29 AM ---I added in 2nd keyboard the Pegasus Wing from Wersi ... Beautiful keyboard ..
--- End quote ---
Hello Jean Pierre. One of the things I've always liked about Wersi is the fact that they give you proper Hammond-type drawbars... even on a portable keyboard! What is it with Yamaha? Why do they still only give us 'pretend' drawbars by way of up/down buttons, or sliders at best... is it something to do with copyright? Yet, Wersi (and Orla, actually) have done it for years!

Kind regards,
Will

pjd:

--- Quote from: Will49 on January 14, 2018, 11:36:54 PM ---Why do they still only give us 'pretend' drawbars by way of up/down buttons, or sliders at best... is it something to do with copyright? Yet, Wersi (and Orla, actually) have done it for years!

--- End quote ---

Hi Will --

It's most probably due to cost. It's not just the cost of the real drawbars themselves, but the need to physically accommodate those sliding thingies in the mechanical design of the chassis, etc.

It's easier and cheaper to mount slide potentiometers or switches on a printed circuit board and have them poke up through a simple molded (or cut) front panel. Even Nord and other clone makers use this approach to cut cost.

Hope this explanation helps -- pj

P.S. I'd love the real deal, too -- at a reasonable price.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version