Author Topic: Genuine Yamaha dust cover for Genos?  (Read 9158 times)

Offline BartW

Genuine Yamaha dust cover for Genos?
« on: December 06, 2017, 03:04:27 PM »
I'd like to return the IKEA throw back to my wife and get a proper cover for my Genos.  :D
Does any one know whether a. there is a genuine Yamaha dust cover Genos-specific and b. where can I purchase such a thing? I looked on eBAY etc and nothing seems available. I remember for my Tyros' these were readily available.

Offline zionip

Re: Genuine Yamaha dust cover for Genos?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »
I'd like to return the IKEA throw back to my wife and get a proper cover for my Genos.  :D
Does any one know whether a. there is a genuine Yamaha dust cover Genos-specific and b. where can I purchase such a thing? I looked on eBAY etc and nothing seems available. I remember for my Tyros' these were readily available.

Did you mean the dust covers that covers not only the Genos keyboard, but also its GNS-MS01 satellite speakers, or any dust cover that covers only the Genos keyboard?  Or, simply a custom Genos dust cover with Yamaha logo?

The Yamaha Club dust cover for Genos is not available yet:
http://www.yamaha-club.net/shop/accessories/dust-covers.html

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: BartW

Offline BartW

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 03:51:56 PM »
Thank you Paul,

I am looking for a cover mainly for just the keyboard which would be custom-fit for Genos and would be nice if it had a nice YAMAHA or Genos logo on it.

I guess I have to keep checking the page you referenced periodically.

Bart

Offline alans

Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline hammer

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
I have used large bath towels for years and they work just fine. 

Deane

Offline soryt

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 10:41:42 PM »
My Yamaha dealer ( Oostendorp in Holland ) supplies a dust cover to all their customers as part of their service package,which is supplied with every Genos

Soneg  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 11:07:05 PM »
I have been using these washable & stretchable dust covers (for 76-88key) from 61-key PSR-S9x0, 76-key Genos, to 88-key S80 synth:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CZTOPSG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Paul

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 11:20:27 PM »

Hello Bart.

How about a big white bedsheet. They're good for numerous uses.

One can even tie them together to make an escape rope, in case a jealous husband unexpectedly returns too early from work.

I'm just joking of course.

But I do use a white bedsheet after setting up my gear, to cover both Piano and Arranger from the top and going down almost to the floor, hiding the foot pedals as well.

I normally set up my equipment and then go home to sleep before returning to perform.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:43:07 AM by Pianoman »

Offline BartW

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 05:50:59 PM »
Today, I received the dust cover set from UK. Very nice quality and great fit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline zionip

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 08:28:12 PM »
Today, I received the dust cover set from UK. Very nice quality and great fit.

Hi Bart,

Nice custom dust cover set to cover Genos and its speaker system, that is close to US$50 after shipping.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Oldden

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 11:04:31 PM »
Hi Bart,
Can you tell me where you got it from please... Thanks
Oldden

Offline BartW

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »
Hi Bart,
Can you tell me where you got it from please... Thanks
Oldden

Yes, I got it from eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Genos-Keyboard-Dust-Cover-Full-Set/362199753726?hash=item5454c9a3fe:g:ENoAAOSw1cNaR78n

It took about a week to get here via regular mail.

The following users thanked this post: Oldden