Author Topic: MIDI to Style  (Read 16708 times)

Offline Jørgen

Re: MIDI to Style
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2021, 02:19:40 PM »
Unfortunately EMC Styleworks was also copy protected and would only work on a single machine. Once the machine dies, or something changes in the machine the program will no longer work.

Hi
In the old days - really old days about 20 years ago - you just had to delete a file with the "ini" extension in the windows folder to start over.
I can not remember the excact file name.
After some tests of the program during the years at that time, I deleted the program, as it was awfully buggy...

Regards
Jørgen
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2021, 03:36:16 PM »
Roger,
A "TechRadar" review claims AOMEI Backupper Pro does NOT do a  good job with LONG filenames.
Have you experienced that?

Thanks.
Dave

Hi Dave,

No, I haven't experienced that, because I don't use the file backup part of their program.  I only use AOMEI Backupper to create system images.

I use batch files I've written to do file backups, which are simultaneously sent to 5 different drives, Dave.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: Dave Nuttall

Offline Joe H

« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2021, 05:13:38 PM »
Roger,

Please clarify.  When you say "system images" is that just the Windows OS? I want to clone the entire hd including all OS, registry, programs and data files on both partitions C and D.  When I say clone I mean create an image on DVD or clone to an other bootable hard drive that I can install in the machine and it will boot just like the original hd.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2021, 05:50:23 PM »
Roger,

Please clarify.  When you say "system images" is that just the Windows OS? I want to clone the entire hd including all OS, registry, programs and data files on both partitions C and D.  When I say clone I mean create an image on DVD or clone to an other bootable hard drive that I can install in the machine and it will boot just like the original hd.

Joe H

Hi Joe,

I create a system image and subsequently create incremental system images to restore my SSD to it's present state, in the event of an SSD failure.  This creates an image of the OS, registry, programs and data files.

I have used the Clone process in the past, but now only create system images.

Here's as explanation of these two different processes:

https://www.windowscentral.com/hard-drive-imaging-vs-cloning-whats-difference
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2021, 06:01:26 PM »
Roger,

Thanks for the link.  I will read it through completely.  I think though I really want to stick to cloning my HD.  That way I will have a "spare" backup HD, a "spare" backup mother board and an additional data file back up on an external USB 3 HD.

I don't want or need a new OS or faster computer for MIDI... I like what I have now.

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

DMT Dave

« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2021, 09:05:54 PM »
Hi Jorgen, thank you, i have manged to save the midi 2 Style, it's not sounding great but a conversion was successful.

I think i need to understand the perfect or very close to perfect method by understanding how or more so what to select in values etc, is there any optimize option so the result will auto fill individual field values ?

Kind Regards

Dave

DMT Dave

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »
I Guess my question is from my last post is how do you know what values to add in here ???

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2021, 11:21:44 PM »
Roger,

Thanks for the link.  I will read it through completely.  I think though I really want to stick to cloning my HD.  That way I will have a "spare" backup HD, a "spare" backup mother board and an additional data file back up on an external USB 3 HD.

I don't want or need a new OS or faster computer for MIDI... I like what I have now.

Joe H

Hi joe
I laid everything out for you and explained every step. Windows 10 System Image is 100% good. It is in Win 10
A system image is what it says. It clones your whole drives and you can image your machine  or a new one with it.
Just follow all the steps i outlined.
You do not have to pay for a program to image your drives.
It is easy to do once you get used to the steps to make the image  and to re-image your computer.
All of your programs, music files and Win 10 operating system is cloned. In other words , the whole works is contained in the image.

Before you settle on a USB drive  take note of how much your drives contain in Gigabytes. I mean your whole computer.
You may need a terrabyte drive.
Making a system Image can take a few hours to complete. It all depends how large your drives are.

All the best
John
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 11:30:39 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Joe H

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2021, 01:30:44 AM »
John,

I appreciate your suggestions, but you should realize that what you want and what works for you may not apply to another person's wants or needs.  Your quote of me to Roger above explains my needs. It's what works for ME! For MIDI... I'm not going to Windows 10... ever!

Thanks anyway.

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 01:32:09 AM by Joe H »

Offline Oldden

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2021, 07:55:48 AM »
Hi Joe H.
No need to ever go to windows 10. Looks like windows 11 will be here in about a month….maybe good…maybe bad.

Offline kharri

« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2021, 04:38:04 AM »
Hi
In the old days - really old days about 20 years ago - you just had to delete a file with the "ini" extension in the windows folder to start over.
I can not remember the excact file name.
After some tests of the program during the years at that time, I deleted the program, as it was awfully buggy...

Regards
Jørgen
You had to email him the machine ID code that was generated, then he would email back a code to put into the software. I believe there is a .ini file that contains part of the information. 

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2021, 12:06:19 PM »
John,

I appreciate your suggestions, but you should realize that what you want and what works for you may not apply to another person's wants or needs.  Your quote of me to Roger above explains my needs. It's what works for ME! For MIDI... I'm not going to Windows 10... ever!

Thanks anyway.

;)

Joe H

Only trying to help.
All the best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline rozinalalani1954

« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2024, 06:31:03 PM »
Yamaha Software Midi to Style is great way to make your self an style for Genos Keyboard work great for me.

Offline BogdanH

« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2024, 08:13:53 PM »
@rozinalalani1954
This is 3+years old thread! Meanwhile we have Midi Song to Style dedicated section in this forum.

Bogdan
PSR-SX700 on K&M-18820 stand
Playing for myself on Youtube