Author Topic: Getting Genos Premium packs in stead of my old Tyros5 packs  (Read 3973 times)

Offline torben

Getting Genos Premium packs in stead of my old Tyros5 packs
« on: December 06, 2017, 12:05:45 PM »
Hi friends

Could one of you kindly use a few minutes to describe - please clearly   :) - how I proceed to get my already bought premium packs to my old Tyros5 converted to the new Genos (similar) packs?

Which website should I enter, procedure etc.

I have completely forgotten the procedure ...  :'( Must be age ... ::)

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline EileenL

Re: Getting Genos Premium packs in stead of my old Tyros5 packs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:45:50 PM »
Go to your Music Soft account You should see a list of what has been converted so far. Put these items in the basket and when you get to the check out they will be Free to download if you already purchased them for Tyros 5. If you have problems you can contact them form the site and they will get back to you with
help.

Offline torben

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:01:48 PM »
Thanks Eileen - the problem is that my Genos does not appear in my Instruments! Even if I have registered it elsewhere.

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

DavidB

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:43:57 PM »
It won't appear until you do your first official pack install using YEM.

That's what they told me and that's exactly what happened.

When I installed the Church and Christmas pack YEM asked me for my Musicsoft sign in details and once the install was complete Genos appeared as my instrument.

Hope that helps,

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
Pff.... Musicsoft,

The website is quite the laugh nowadays if you ask me. I wonder why they are messing things up there and even more why they don't fix it while knowing there are problems. Quite a few people already informed them and I did as well and got an answer that woudl look into it (months ago)

Yesterday I set the "select instrument" option to a Tyros 5 and enabled the "show compatible" option. When I went to the style section and checked out a style detail page it showed only 2 versions available: A Tyros 3 version and a Tyros 5 version.
Now that is of course possible but to my surprise and while the selected instrument clearly showed as Tyros 5 they had enabled the Tyros 3 version as the recommended style. The recommended label was also at the Tyros 3 and not the Tyros 5. Refreshing and re-selecting the Tyros 5 didn't solve it. In order to download the proper version I had to change it myself while reminding myself NOT to go for their recommendation. When I still had my Tyros 4 I search for conpatibel expansion packs and saw the three sax packs there. However when going to the my cart page there was only a T5 version shown. I mailed them because you can;t load a PPF on the T4 and asked if they could fix it. They told me the T4 saxophone packs had problems which is why they removed them. That was about one and half year ago. At the moment they are still shown as compatible with T4 and still no way to add them as T4 versions :(

Peter