Author Topic: Tyros 4 and Tyros 4 Speaker System  (Read 5367 times)

musicalmemoriesuk

Tyros 4 and Tyros 4 Speaker System
« on: December 05, 2017, 10:10:20 PM »
I've recently got a used Tyros 4 and Tyros 4 speaker system, whilst I'm very happy I can help feeling that the speaker system struggles and sometime sound a bit flat. I understand you can adjust the master Eq will this help and how do you do it ?

Offline travlin-easy

Re: Tyros 4 and Tyros 4 Speaker System
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 12:41:18 AM »
Yes, just press the mixing console button, and tab to EQ.

Set the sliders only - the freq will take care of itself in mist instances. Set the sliders to:

EQ1 = 3
EQ2 = 2
EQ3 = 2
EQ4 = 3
EQ5 = 8

This will boost your drums and bass a bit, but not overpower the overall sound. EQ3 will provide you with a good, mellow vocal volume, while at the same time provide a boost to right hand voices such as piano, vibes, and other instruments in the mid range frequency area. EQ4 and 5 will provide you with some great sizzle for your guitars and high hat cymbals.

Now, this is for home use only - these speakers will be fine for something as small as a living-room party, but that's about as far as they go. They would not suffice for even small nursing home jobs in a small room. For this, you will need to purchase something such as the Bose L1 Compact or Maui 5 system, which will handle audiences to 150 easily without overpowering the audience, plus provide you with a good monitoring system.

Hope this helps,

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: fredo

jblyth

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 02:28:29 AM »
Thanks Gary,

I made good use of your suggestions, and they do make a noticeable difference to the sound from the Tyros 4 speaker system.

I delved a little deeper and also found I could save the new setting and apply it to all music (which I haven't realised before) by pressing "Store 1" and saving it under a name of my choosing. I can then globally change the Master EQ by selecting my new setting or reverting back to one of the Factory Settings.

I learn a little more about the Tyros every day  :)

Cheers
John in Sunny Carnarvon, Western Australia

WTIerney

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 07:14:07 AM »
travlin-easy,
what settings do you recommend for the Mic function (both talk and non-talk)?  Thanks!

MarcelM

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 09:03:04 PM »
Just use your EQ suggestion,it help with to much bass in almost all style, thank you