Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

The ideal arranger

<< < (4/4)

valio7771:

--- Quote from: Joe H on December 12, 2017, 03:22:48 PM ---We don't need software to help us create music.  That is the job of the human spirit... always!

--- End quote ---

I also agree with you that it's the man behind the keyboard that makes the music, and not the keyboard itself.
I remember the joy of playing in 5-6 or more piece band, and how just by looking to each other we where doing something whacky, putting an accent, some twisted chord and laugh and have great fun playing together, but now the times have changed, even if we like it or not.
I speak for my self, growing in Eastern-European country with very limited finance, but with lots of sparks in my eyes and itchy fingers, started my adult-ish life as a musician in a band at age of 16, and since than I've never asked my parents for money, because I was earning my own money, and was happy to help them occasionally. My first keyboard that I bought with my own money was a second hand Casio...can't remember the model, but it had full size 48 keys it had 6 notes polyphony, but I was so happy with it because my previous one had 36 small size keys and 3 note polyphony, which my mother bought me with her hard earned money. You had to be very creative to make music with that kind of instrument in a band on stage without sounding like you're choking a cat.

Skip 24 years and many keyboards later, now we have such powerful instruments like Tyros, Genos and other models of another brands, and it's not the technology that's in those keyboards that spoils the musician, it's how musically you use that technology to express yourself.

You can use a hatchet to kill a man, but you can also use that same hatchet to build a house, and save a man's life by bringing him inside from the cold. Same applies for any technology we have today in our hands.

Enjoy life, enjoy all the possibilities.

Denn:
Hello All, So much waffle; Gary, you got it nailed!  The person using the keyboard does the arranging. Keyboards are designed and built by non-entities for the modification and titillation by experts. Regards, Denn.

Spirit of the old South:
As an arranger, the Genos has pretty much everything most will ever need.

The workstation part however could get some more work.
Especially where it comes to on board sound editing.
Or an arpegiator at least on par with the MX series, but preferably with the MOXF.

But in the end, as a traditional Arranger, Genos has everything you will need

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version