Author Topic: Genos Reg.Bank  (Read 13109 times)

Brnjeuska74

Genos Reg.Bank
« on: December 03, 2017, 02:15:11 PM »
New Genos do not have same view option for Reg.Bank like previous Tyros models. For me that is a huge problem in dark ambient when I perform live. Also there is no option to use one of six buttons for direct and easy access to registrations. Why ???? The way how you can view the registration ones you in the Reg.Bank is not like it was on the Tyros.... that is very time sensitive when you performing live !!!! Ones you are in Reg.Bankyou can not go + or - like you are able in Tyros models.  You have to many steps... and again speed is everything in live performing !!!!! Yamaha I hope you can fix this. Thank you.

Offline alans

Re: Genos Reg.Bank
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 03:12:59 PM »
Hi

Perhaps you would be better posting this  in the relevant  Genos section

I think this is what you are asking

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41485.0.html

Alan
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 03:20:59 PM by alans »
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 03:39:23 PM »
I agree the registration system on the Genos can be improved, but there are some things you can do with the current system to help in live settings.

1. Use the Playlist feature. This appears to be what Yamaha assumed every live player would use. It's got the same display as the List View of the T4 and T5.
2. Use the Inc+ and Inc- buttons and the wheel to move through the Playlist, same as on the Tyros.
3. You can go +/- in a registration bank by setting up a sequence, and using pedals. But I'm with you -- I miss the tab buttons. It sure would be nice if this tab function was assignable to other buttons.

Don't know what you mean by "one of six buttons for direct and easy access", so can't help you there.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 11:31:03 PM »
Hi Fred,
  I think he means the six assignable buttons on the right of the keyboard.

Brnjeuska74

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 12:04:40 AM »
 " the six assignable buttons" exactly !!! those buttons must have the option for Reg.Bank !!!
I have a feeling that some of you do not understand the issue here.

Offline metcam

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 12:58:12 AM »
I Understand completely!

The ""view option"" need to be right there when is Memory bank called.

Big step down compare Tyros or even PSR series.

Some musicians have thousands already named Registrations on Tyros5... and now is NOT possible call them
quickly any more on live gigs like Tyros5 or PSR  series.

That's realy need to be fixed in next update Yamaha.

Thanks.

P.S.  Issues like this or some more (external samples edit in drum editor) is ONLY reason for me to not baying Genos yet. I am still waiting for updates.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:00:31 AM by metcam »
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:33 AM »
" the six assignable buttons" exactly !!! those buttons must have the option for Reg.Bank !!!

They do. On page 12 of the Assign screen, you can assign Regist Memory+ and Regist Memory- functions. This duplicates the tab buttons that were on Tyros keyboards.

You can also directly access your registrations by pressing the Registration window on your touch screen.

What else is it that you feel we don't understand?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 08:10:53 AM »

You already have quick access to the registration banks:
1. Press the reg plus and reg minus buttons to the left of the 10 registration buttons simultaneously or:
2. On the Home screen touch it at top left where it says "Regist"

My concern is more with the huge number of unnecessary screen presses every time you want to modify and save a registration bank. Quite ridiculous old fashioned Yamaha mindset in my view.

John

Brnjeuska74

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 01:50:31 AM »
Lets compare the visually the screen view;   

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:54:09 AM by Brnjeuska74 »