Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Registrations & Playlist

Adding Text File To Registration On Genous?

(1/3) > >>

Bob88:
 I am trying to add a text file to one of my registrations. Does this have to be created
on my computer first as it was on my tyros 5 ?   The reason I ask , text can be added when renaming something on the Genos via the onscreen keyboard, so, is it possible for the .txt file to be created that way for a reg file?
   Also, the reference manual requires being in dual song mode (?)   I am not using a midi file with the reg in question.  Just want to add some notes related to the reg.
 I have a knack of thoroughly confusing others when posting a problem.  It's a gift
I  live with. Thanks,   Bob

Wim NL:
Text files are only used to songs.
Than make a dummy song with the text file.
And make a registration from the song.

XeeniX:
Hi Bob,

I do not own a Genos therefor I do not know if Genos works different with textfiles then a T5 but I do understand why you need it in a registration. On the T5 you simply store a textfile made on pc (T5 doesn't have a text editor on board dunno if there is one on the genos)

If what Wim says is correct and a dummy file is needed before you can use a textfile on Genos (quite funny actually ;) ) then here is a dummy midi file that in that case will do the trick.

regards,
Peter

[attachment deleted by admin]

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Bob88 on December 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM --- I am trying to add a text file to one of my registrations. Does this have to be created
on my computer first as it was on my tyros 5 ?
--- End quote ---

Yes, exactly the same as the T5.

--- Quote from: Bob88 on December 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM ---   The reason I ask , text can be added when renaming something on the Genos via the onscreen keyboard, so, is it possible for the .txt file to be created that way for a reg file? 
--- End quote ---

I don't know of any way of adding text "when renaming something". The only "text" you add on a rename is the name of the file.

--- Quote from: Bob88 on December 02, 2017, 07:37:44 PM ---   Also, the reference manual requires being in dual song mode (?)   I am not using a midi file with the reg in question.  Just want to add some notes related to the reg.

--- End quote ---

There's nothing in the reference manual about text files requiring a song file, and they certainly don't require "dual song mode". Wim is incorrect. I have over 1000 text files, all reference by registrations, with nary a song file in sight.

Don't confuse text files with lyrics which are embedded in midi files.

In summary:
1. Create your text files on a computer (I use Notepad on my PC).
2. Memorize your text file to any registration you want (remembering to check the Text box in the Memory Contents screen).
When you load this registration, your text file will display. Nothing else, and certainly no song file, is required.

Fred

Bob88:
 Thank you Peter and Fred.  Sounds like an easy process.  Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version