Author Topic: Song Record > Chord > Step Edit : Only Preset Styles  (Read 7548 times)

Offline Wim NL

Song Record > Chord > Step Edit : Only Preset Styles
« on: December 02, 2017, 02:58:42 PM »
In Song Record > Chord > Step Edit I can only select Preset styles and Favorite styles not User Styles (modified styles)
I can not make a USER style Favorite eather.

Is there a option to select USER styles in Song Record : Chord Step Record?

Or make a USER style Favorite?

A song plays back with a User style, so why not in Chord Step Record?

Please Help.

I Have contact to Yamaha BNL Support.
Yamaha BNL Support confirm the problem now.
But only can transfer it to Yamaha's develop team.
I really hope Yamaha will fix this.
It it for me a very big problem.
I use Song Record > Chord > Step Edit  for allmost all my songs (400+) for upgrade to a new successor keyboard.
So now I can not upgrade my songs with modified styles.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 07:54:27 AM by Wim NL »
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline ugawoga

Re: Song Record > Chord > Step Edit : Only Preset Styles
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 10:04:11 AM »
Hi Wim

I agree and it is now 2021
I think now that you have to use a similar preset style and change after the step edit process as it is midi.
Only my pennies worth.
Just to lay a full chord track and fills and breaks and ends would be great in a quick time. Producer is latent and glitchy.
You can then mute everything except the drum track with fills etc and actually play with a drummer that is spot on with you.
Like i say in another post it is ultra annoying just missing a fill by being a fraction out. We are not Robots!!! ;D :P
ATB
John :)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 10:11:06 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 12:16:56 PM »
Hi,John

Thank for your reply.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2021, 01:28:09 PM »
You are right John we are not robots and therefore do not expect people to play there music perfect. If it sounds to clinical then there is no feeling in it. When I first started to play I taught myself all the chords so that I can play them live. Have never wanted to use step record in any form and in fact do not know many people that use it. That may be why Yamaha have not altered it.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 10:54:50 AM »
Hi Eileen

Step recording is for me all about drum fills and when you are recording songs and hit the fill pedal three quarters through the song and it is slightly out or glitches it can be a pain.
Sometimes hitting the fill, breaks or endings you can get glitches ,only very slight but annoying.
All the Best
John

Ps I agree with Wim that you can only use preset styles in step record. Something should be done about that by Yamaha.

All the Best
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ckobu

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2021, 10:37:25 AM »
This is just an idea of how you can make MIDI from your own style. You should use a computer and two programs (Producer and XGWorks) and hopefully that won’t cause you any particular problems. This is a clearer and better way than a keyboard, and most importantly, you can use all kinds of styles.

https://youtu.be/WsmVxiN4F84
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Roshure

Offline pjd

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 07:57:40 PM »
I agree and it is now 2021

Thanks for mentioning this issue here. The inability to use a user style in chord step edit is a regression from previous arranger generations, i.e., they could do it and Genos cannot.

Take care -- pj

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2021, 10:56:55 PM »
………. The inability to use a user style in chord step edit is a regression from previous arranger generations, i.e., they could do it and Genos cannot.
Regression?. Could be they dropped it because they found it was not a widely used function. I suspect this is the case because Genos has been out for years and there was no flurry of complaints about this being omitted.
Mike

Offline pjd

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 12:11:18 AM »
Regression?. Could be they dropped it because they found it was not a widely used function. I suspect this is the case because Genos has been out for years and there was no flurry of complaints about this being omitted.
Mike

Sorry, Mike, I have to disagree. This issue has been mentioned repeatedly by multiple users since Genos was released. It may not be a "flurry" because the complaints don't often appear in the same thread.

I don't see technical roadblock to implementation nor do I see this as a high cost, high complexity item. Yamaha simply dropped the ball and never picked it up, again.

No offense intended, just a friendly disagreement -- pj