Author Topic: UVN expansion voices on Genos  (Read 1047 times)

Offline TonchrisT5

UVN expansion voices on Genos
« on: April 04, 2024, 02:35:29 PM »
Hi
I have some UVN's from some time ago that I would like to use on my Genos. I have loaded all my other expansion packs using YEM, but the UVN's have not work even though they show in expansion voices.
Do I have to convert the UVN's before transferring through YEM? if so how?

Thanks for any help you can give me
Tony

Offline overover

Re: UVN expansion voices on Genos
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 05:01:57 PM »
Hi Tony,

What file sizes do these UVN Voice files have?

If they are only a few KB (kilobytes) in size, they do not contain their own samples (but only use the samples from Tyros3/4 Preset Voices). Such UVN files may not work with YEM compatible models.

In contrast, UVN files, which are several/many MB (megabytes) in size, contain their own samples and should work with the Genos if they are correctly imported into the YEM and then installed on the instrument.

You can import UVN files into the YEM with “Import Content” (into a new, empty pack or into an existing, non-protected pack). If you have an associated UVI Library file, you can also import it with “Import Pack”. This will create a new pack containing the UVN Voices linked in the UVI Library file. It is important that the UVI file is in the same folder as the associated UVN files.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 05:05:17 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline TonchrisT5

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 05:48:36 PM »
Hi Chris
Thanks for your reply.

The Uvn's are 10.6 Mb
I also have a UVI file containing the UVN's but when I try to import pack, YEM reports an error.

Regards
Tony

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 06:36:45 PM »
Hi Tony,

If the UVI file with the linked UVNs are in the same folder, it should actually work with "Import Pack". (You can open the UVI file in a text editor on your computer to see which UVNs are used in it.)

One or more of the UVN files may be corrupted.  You could load them in the >>> Awave Studio program and save it again as UVN (one by one). (The trial version of Awave Studio is sufficient here, but the program must be restarted after each save.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:42:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline TonchrisT5

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2024, 10:36:20 AM »
Thanks Chris.

Offline overover

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2024, 03:19:22 PM »
My pleasure, Tony. Thanks for your feedback!

Best regards,
Chris

Offline TonchrisT5

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 08:54:45 AM »
Thanks Chris.