Author Topic: Advent calendar with free Genos sounds  (Read 6294 times)

Offline voodoo

Advent calendar with free Genos sounds
« on: December 01, 2017, 12:08:08 PM »
I found an advent calender with a free PPF pack for each day starting today for use on Genos.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/board,69.0.html

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Jeff Hollande

Re: Advent calendar with free Genos sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:11:46 PM »
Thank you, Uli.

It looks you have not received your Genos yet ?

Jeff

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:14:04 PM »
Thank you, Uli.

It looks you have not received your Genos yet ?

Jeff

Have received it yesterday. It's freshly unpacked. So I have a plan for the weekend. :)

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Jeff Hollande

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 12:37:23 PM »
Congratulations, Uli !!! 💐🎁👍🌺👋

Jeff

Offline pjd

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 02:30:12 PM »
Have received it yesterday. It's freshly unpacked. So I have a plan for the weekend. :)

Congratulations, Uli!

I'm looking forward to your comments and insights.

-- pj

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 12:09:36 PM »
Congratulations, Uli!

I'm looking forward to your comments and insights.

-- pj

Pj,

don't have too high expectations to my expertise. My first unprofessional comments would be these:

* The Genos is much bigger than the PSR-S970. We had to move our lunch table in the living room. :)
* It looks great. My wife loves the colorful lights. :)
* I have better speakers now (found two Teufel M80 passive speakers in my archive with stereo amp and sub woofer)
* Key bed is much better then PSR-S, but still very soft. Not as good as Nord Electro or Korg PA4X.
* Style play engine is the same as on all other Yamaha keyboards. No revolution here.
* But the overall sound is fantastic.

I tried the preset playlist and the bonus playlists from Yamaha, which give very good registrations, using layers of all three panel voices.

* The new drums are fantastic. On the new speaker set, the sound is really great.
* All the SA2 instruments sound fantastic. All the brass and woodwind sounds. Wow. And I did not even try the Ensemble voices.
* The new piano voices (CFX and C7) are much better than the S970 piano voices. I have fun playing only the piano voices.
* But I am not impressed by the B3 organ. The drive parameter of the new Real Rotary now works (with firmware 1.10), but it is very weak. I will have to get used to the new organ.
* I am not yet sure about the Rhodes pianos. My first impression is mixed. But I did not try them for a longer time.
* The styles from the demo playlists sound great, but they (especially intros and endings) are very song specific. I don't like this too much. But one does not have to use the specific parts.

Just my first impressions.

I plan to get the JBL LRS 305 active speakers, because they are the best rated small monitor speakers by most people in the net. Much preferred against HS5.

Uli
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 03:40:10 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

The following users thanked this post: pjd, Paul B

Offline voodoo

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 08:17:12 AM »
Now I have played a little bit with the Ensemble voices. They sound so great. For example Orchestra with solo flute, or Orchestra with solo trumpet. It sounds so authentic. And all the strings sound so much better than on the PSR. Pj, I think for your church playing, this will be a great improvement.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline pjd

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 05:25:54 PM »
Now I have played a little bit with the Ensemble voices. They sound so great. For example Orchestra with solo flute, or Orchestra with solo trumpet. It sounds so authentic. And all the strings sound so much better than on the PSR. Pj, I think for your church playing, this will be a great improvement.

Hi Uli --

Thanks for the fast, reliable report. Enjoy your new instrument!

-- pj

The following users thanked this post: Aljo43