Author Topic: Genos Reference Manual  (Read 8257 times)

Offline BartW

Genos Reference Manual
« on: November 30, 2017, 10:30:51 PM »
Hello,
Does anyone know whether it is possible to order a printed Reference Manual for the Genos. My instrument only came with the Owners Manual and the Reference Manual much more detailed. Would be nice to have a printed copy handy.

Thank you.

Offline valimaties

Re: Genos Reference Manual
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
I don't think that it exists a printed Reference Manual version, and if it exists, I don't think it is included in a certain country Genos Pack Accessories .

According to Owners Manual (pag. 9):

Included Accessories
• Owner’s Manual (this book)
• Online Member Product Registration
• AC Power Cord
• Music Rest, two Music Rest Brackets

I think if you want a printed version of Reference Manual, you have to order directly at Yamaha (Europe or USA, Canada, where are you from...), or to your Genos provider.

Regards.

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 11:03:00 PM »
You would think that paying £4000 for a keyboard you would get some nice Bumf.(literature)

I am afraid the world is getting so money orientated.
Now you have to print your own tickets for a holiday and you can go around the world now on a sheet of A4 paper.
Go out and buy the Latest Daw And you get a nice big box sent to you and inside all you get Is a download code and a sheet of paper with instructions. Not even a shredded wheat inside!! :-\ or a free box of fruit Loops. :o

All the nice things are disappearing in this world and we will never get a made In Great Britain stamped on anything anymore.
Made In Tim buck tu will be next!! ::)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 11:06:14 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:40:00 PM »
Bart,

Just download the pdf and take it to a copy shop if you can't print it yourself. To a certain degree John has a point but since that point will not change the fact. This would be the way to go ;)

Peter

Offline StuartR

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:11 AM »
Hello,
Does anyone know whether it is possible to order a printed Reference Manual for the Genos. My instrument only came with the Owners Manual and the Reference Manual much more detailed. Would be nice to have a printed copy handy.

Thank you.

I use simpleprintservice.com. You can upload the manual you want printed, select the size and color/black and white. Not cheap, but you won't be disappointed.

For the Genos reference manual, I selected their largest A4 size in color (since there are color illustrations in that manual). Be sure you upload the V1.02 latest version).

Spirit of the old South

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 05:29:23 AM »
Having a hard copy(paper) of the reference manual is seen as illogical at this time
And there is a reason to that.
That's because due to the software based nature of these products.
Many thinks written in the reference manual change over the course of a products lifetime.
And so having a paper copy would make the manual outdated with every patch.

Its best to have your copies of manuals on an ipad or tablet.
Which should be no problem for most, since its also the way we read sheetmusic these days
At least, its the way most people read sheetmusic.
Another huge advantage of having the reference manual on an ipad is that you can use the links
For moving quickly between chapters.

While i still prefer reading novels and such in hard copy book form.
I indeed found it better to move all my manuals to the ipad.
On top of that it saves paper and mother nature.

In many of the Bigger towns in our Western world there are shops that print your PDF documents into book form.
Its a local thing, and often quite expensive. But it is the only way to get a hard copy of your manual.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:31:09 AM by Spirit of the old South »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 06:48:23 AM »
If something in screens or functionality of keyboard changes, due to software improvements thru firmware updates, it's clearly that also Owner's Manual it changes. Even so, Yamaha print Owner's Manual and provide in a keyboard pack. They could provide Reference Manual, too.

Personally, I prefer pdf version. It's simple to find something using search function, and it's ecological too :D ( save the forests )

Regards.

Vali Maties - Genos

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:23 AM »
Personally, I prefer pdf version. It's simple to find something using search function

^^^ This! :) It's so much easier to find specific information in the PDF manual by searching for a particular word or phrase. The table of contents and index are nice, too, especially since each entry links to the appropriate place inside the manual; but the search function is indispensable.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Also with a PDF ,you can print an important page off if you want and stick it In a plastic sleeve and file It in your  music scrap book. :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Lloyd E

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 12:53:43 PM »
The Reference Manual has never been included when buying a new Yamaha. You would think that considering
the premium price of the Genos that a Reference Manual would be included along with the Owners Manual.

A friend of mine sent me a printed copy of the Reference Manual and it was used as much as the Owners Manual. It's a shame that it isn't.  Lloyd

Offline pjd

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
I use a hybrid approach: PDF plus a little paper. I like to keep diagrams, the style list, the voice list -- anything that is frequently used tabular reference info -- on paper in a binder.

-- pj

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 03:04:46 PM »
The Reference Manual has never been included when buying a new Yamaha.

A friend of mine sent me a printed copy of the Reference Manual and it was used as much as the Owners Manual. It's a shame that it isn't.

Lloyd,

Didn’t you post that you paid $40 for a printed copy of the reference manual?

And why do you need a print copy when a pdf is so much more convenient?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons