Author Topic: Yamaha official videos are up (970/770)  (Read 44374 times)

Offline digriz67

PSR 950; Genos

The following users thanked this post: alanclare, pchan

saxxman

Re: Yamaha official videos are up (970/770)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 02:12:51 PM »
 :) Thanks for posting the links!  KEWL!
Randy

Offline digriz67

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 02:39:19 AM »
You're all very welcome! I own a 950 and was very much looking forward to comparing it with the 970. On paper and from the specs I saw it looks like the differences in terms of sound are in the way effects can be applied (and perhaps the number of stereo samples?). Plus, although there are a few more new styles, there are not so many to absolutely require an upgrade for me. I'm still discovering features and am very far from being proficient with my 950. So at this time I'm thinking I'll wait for the next TOTL arranger, Tyros 6 or however Yamaha decides to name it. I am curious about the ensemble function and I look forward to wrestling with S.Art 2. And the extended styles also will help!

Thanks again everyone,
Luigi
PSR 950; Genos

Offline gogo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:51:01 AM »
Thanks for the links. These videos show the major features in a very easy to understand language. We are in for a great show at Frankfurter Musikmesse 2016.

Offline gogo

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 08:05:15 AM »
I'm 100% certain it will give me a lot more pleasure than those few ££ earning nothing sat in the bank, and TBH that's the view I tend to take these days.  ;)
That's exactly my view on the matter, too, and I'm twice younger :) My boss uses to say that every Euro spared is a monument to a pleasure that hasn't been experienced. Thou it's good to have some money to fall back on. Where I live we use to say "white money spared for black days". I'm sure the English-speaking world has a similar proverb.

I appreciate the enthusiasm of the fellow members and wish everybody get their keyboard as soon as possible. I'll probably wait until Christmas when I'll get a tasty additional discount from our dealer. By then it will have been known if there will be extra content especially for the s970 that might make me change my mind and take the plunge. Exciting times, isn't it! One of the videos said 3rd party voices could be loaded into the keyboard. That is really an important selling point. Looking forward to those 3rd party voices,too!

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
Thanks For the Videos links  Luigi  :) :)
Textbook; going from a lesser type keyboard to the PSR S970 makes for an easier transfer I think.
Hey why wait; enjoy playing and the major upgrade !
Being that I went from such an experience to the S950 it makes it harder now to just upgrade to the S970
It certainly would have to be played to see just how much a dramatic difference we are talking about here.
If the S970 simply outstands the S950 then it makes the choice easier for the people who already have the S950 and are thinking about it a little.
Makes me think ;should I have waited just a little longer ??? probably not as its been a year and a half already since owning the S950 and I still haven't used all she can do.
Anyways the S970 is sort of like the s950 on steroids or so and has been working out a little  :D
There will always be newer keyboards with newer features and voices;Depends on how bad you want or need them.

Craig "Keyboardist"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 09:00:48 PM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Ed B

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 09:57:22 PM »
Jack
Most of the relevant demos for the various models are made available on the main site in the lessons section.
Joe already has a couple of the demos available and will add them in time
http://www.psrtutorial.com/lessons/demos/d20-PSR.html
Regards
Ed B
Keep on learning

Offline voodoo

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:11:04 AM »
Then don't forget the great demos of Blake Angelos which show many details not shown in the "official" videos.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

saxxman

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 03:27:27 PM »
 :)  Hi Guys - I have loved my Yammies for years.... awaiting shipment of my S970 now... GoGo said: 
My boss uses to say that every Euro spared is a monument to a pleasure that hasn't been experienced. Thou it's good to have some money to fall back on. Where I live we use to say "white money spared for black days". I'm sure the English-speaking world has a similar proverb.

Seems so very true these days!  A verse I learned a long time ago while in the military voices a similar theme:

"We squander health in search of wealth
We toil and struggle and save...
Then we squander wealth in search of health
And all we get...is a grave"

Enjoy your lives!  Music is a therapy of its own and it is made so much more enjoyable through these wonderful arrangers!  Can't wait to get the next Yamaha into my house! :)

Randy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 03:30:03 PM by saxxman »

Offline Denn

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 07:02:21 AM »
Hello, My main gripes are:-
 1. They ALWAYS get an ultra professional player using ten fingers or more to demonstrate these kbds. Most of the people I know, myself included, only play one finger or two at the most, otherwise the voices get 'lost' in a cacophony of noise.
2. If I wanted a piano I would buy one, not a kbd. The first quarter of any demo is "how good is the piano!!!!"

Would like to see an average home player demonstrate the things then we would get a better idea of what WE could do.

Thanks for the post anyway (otherwise I would have nothing to gripe about  :) )
Regards, Denn.
Love knitting dolls

Offline Gloria

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 10:05:25 PM »
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS VIDEO, IT WAS EXCELLENT IN ITS INFORMATION & DEMONSTRATION!

GLORIA
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline phils_79

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2020, 02:05:19 PM »
Hi Guys,

Is there any good Video Instructions on how to use the Step Recording midi and Style recording.

I found one but the video is not in English.