Author Topic: Tyros / Genos Instrument definition file  (Read 4577 times)

Tyros / Genos Instrument definition file
« on: November 28, 2017, 03:13:22 AM »
I know there is not a Genos file out yet but all the same voices on the Tyros and Genos apparently use the same addressing. This means you could use the Tyros 5 file for now, just missing the new Genos voices, which you could add yourself with a text editor. At least the bulk of the voices are there. Just tried this out in Cubase using T3 and T4 files assigned to Digital Out 1 and they found the correct voices in the T5. Maybe someone with a Genos could trythis out? Just a thought.

Christopher.
Genos2, Montage M6, Maschine Micro NI, Cubase 13, Komplete 14 Ultimate, Arturia Analog Lab, HALion7, Groove Agent 5, HS8 Speakers.

Offline pjd

Re: Tyros / Genos Instrument definition file
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:47:08 PM »
I know there is not a Genos file out yet but all the same voices on the Tyros and Genos apparently use the same addressing. This means you could use the Tyros 5 file for now, just missing the new Genos voices, which you could add yourself with a text editor. At least the bulk of the voices are there. Just tried this out in Cubase using T3 and T4 files assigned to Digital Out 1 and they found the correct voices in the T5. Maybe someone with a Genos could trythis out? Just a thought.

Christopher.

Hi Christopher --

No Genos yet, but I agree. Yamaha voice numbering (MSB/LSB/PC#) is generally consistent across models. I often take advantage of this consistency when making style conversions, etc.

-- pj

Offline valio7771

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 12:24:37 AM »
It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it'll be fairly easy to copy/paste from those two files and make your own Genos.ins file.
I would have done it for you if I had some spare time, but I'm quite busy lately, so...you just put the pieces together.

Hope it helps somehow ;)

Cheers!

[attachment deleted by admin]

pvk

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 09:16:14 AM »
Oh it would be amazing if somebody would make the Cakewalk Instrument Definition for Genos with theese text-files valio7771 attached here?