Author Topic: Packages available for Genos on YamahaMusicSoft (strange behaviour)  (Read 13441 times)

It's strange, new packages like "choir and vocals" premium packs are now available when you select "Genos" as your instrument, but when you select it, the "Genos" button doesn't appear (only T4 and T5), and YamahaMusicSoft site warns you that it is not recommended for "Genos"
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 06:50:53 PM by soundphase »

Marcus

Re: Packages available for Genos on YamahaMusicSoft (strange behaviour)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 08:13:56 PM »
I have the Tyros 5 "Choir and Vocal" premium pack. It is also part of the Genos conversion table pdf., but that pack is due in December 2017. So probably the Genos version is not available till then, but I guess you can purchase the Tyros version for now and update to the Genos version in December. My other guess is, it wouldn't matter if you are updating from a previously purchased Tyros 4 or Tyros 5 version.

Premium Pack conversion schedule
see link at bottom of the page
https://ca.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

I think I bought mine for my Tyros 4 years back and automatically got my Tyros 5 version to upload, just as I can upload my Genos version in December. In my case I have to wait for January for my Genos and the download will become available after I register my Genos under my Yamaha account.

Another advantage to sticking and upgrading with Yamaha arrangers, previous purchased content is up-gradable and in most instances sounds better or is of higher quality.

Marcus   

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:36:05 AM »
What about purchased styles? r they upgradable for free as well?
Genos

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »
Yes the are free

Use Only the upgraded Genos format.
You have to put the Genos format packs in the CART.
When you check out the payment is zero
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:02 AM »
I meant individual purchased Styles, can I get an upgraded version of them for free as well?
Genos

Online Bill

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 10:56:02 AM »
Hi Soundphase

The current Musicsoft site has never operated correctly since it was upgraded about 12 months ago.

There are many anomalies that they have never bothered fixing despite being informed of them.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 12:04:25 PM »
Hi Soundphase

The current Musicsoft site has never operated correctly since it was upgraded about 12 months ago.

There are many anomalies that they have never bothered fixing despite being informed of them.

Bill
I just looked at the site. It is corrected now. Only "Genos" premium packs are available.

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 06:15:52 PM »
Only "Genos" premium packs are available.

That's because your filter is set to Genos.

I could update till now the packs:
Country Musician
Celtic
Church & Christmas
Choir & Vocals
Euro & US Organ
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 07:24:11 PM »
@keyboardister,

When I upgraded from T4 to T5 I had to ask for pack upgrades @ Yamaha support. It went flawless though and within 2 days time. So I guess that in time the same goes for Genos packs. Yamaha support informed me though that this wasn't possible for premium styles that I had bought for the T4. They will probably go the same way with T4/T5 premium styles when you now (have) upgrade(d) to a Genos.

Peter

Offline maartenb

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 01:23:28 PM »
I could update till now the packs:
Country Musician
Celtic
Church & Christmas
Choir & Vocals
Euro & US Organ

Wim,

Do you notice a difference in sound quality in these packs between the T5 and G?

Maarten

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 05:26:25 PM »
I didn't found noticeable difference.
The sounds and used effects are the same I think.

The new pack don't have Genos in the pack name.
May be they made it so it will work but not really upgraded it with better effects.
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline zionip

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
I didn't found noticeable difference.
The sounds and used effects are the same I think.

The new pack don't have Genos in the pack name.
May be they made it so it will work but not really upgraded it with better effects.

Hi Wim,

Did you check the file sizes of the Tyros and the converted packs?  The improvement could be in storage efficiency, or less storage for the same pack on Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 06:40:23 PM »
If it is anything like the upgrade from T4 to T5 packs then you are in for a disappointment if you expected new better sounding instruments. They didn't upgrade but probably just updated them to work on the new yem format and used exactly the same samples for it. More then likely that they did the same now so only update so they will work on Genos.

The only improvement will probably be the enhanced sound of the Genos itself and not the specific sounds from the pack. That and of course in the future the new packs that will come for Genos only. There you will notice a difference :)

Peter

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 06:51:49 PM »
Country Musician T5 100.931 kB
Country Musician G1  78.551 kB

Celtic Tyros 5 :  83.248 kB
Celtic Genos   :  82.482 kB

Church & Christmas Tyros 5 :  385.395 kB
Church & Christmas Genos   :    80.764 kB

Choir & Vocals Tyros 5  :  96.678 kB
Choir & Vocals Genos    :  98.571 kB

Euro & US Organ Tyros 5  :  61.180 kB
Euro & US Organ Genos    :  50.369 kB
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 07:13:55 PM by Wim NL »
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline zionip

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 07:49:41 PM »
Country Musician T5 100.931 kB
Country Musician G1  78.551 kB

Celtic Tyros 5 :  83.248 kB
Celtic Genos   :  82.482 kB

Church & Christmas Tyros 5 :  385.395 kB
Church & Christmas Genos   :    80.764 kB

Choir & Vocals Tyros 5  :  96.678 kB
Choir & Vocals Genos    :  98.571 kB

Euro & US Organ Tyros 5  :  61.180 kB
Euro & US Organ Genos    :  50.369 kB

Thanks Wim for the detailed information, which indicates the converted packs for Genos are smaller than their equivalents for Tyros 5 in general, except the "Choir & Vocals" pack.

The saving of storage on the converted "Church & Christmas" pack is huge, maybe some of the sounds / styles in the pack were already included in the Presets of Genos.

Thanks again,
Paul

Offline bluali

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:33 PM »
Thanks Wim for the detailed information, which indicates the converted packs for Genos are smaller than their equivalents for Tyros 5 in general,....
Paul
I noticed similar thing when I transferred one of my Tyros4 premium packs to Tyros 5. the size had been reduced from around 350MB(Tyros4) to 288MB(Tyros5).
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Marcus

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 10:03:12 PM »
There is this new style on the YamahaMusicSoft site called Udo Rock (Rock Style based on the song "Einer muss den Job doch machen" by Udo Lindenberg!). The power guitar chords are awesome. Recent Yamaha style programming has become really good over the last couple of years, especially the premium versions for Tyros 5, and now a couple exclusive Genos styles.

If you check out the MP3 demo of this Udo Rock style, the intro has some distinct vocal anomalies added that I do not recognize. Does anyone recognize these vocal samples at the very beginning of the style demo as Genos sounds or voices integrated into the style? Just curious, because it sounds strange. I assume it is a Genos style, but a search with my Tyros 5 model gives that style version as well. Still have no idea where that vocal sound comes from or whether it would be included in the Tyros 5 version.

Udo Rock (Rock Style based on the song "Einer muss den Job doch machen" by Udo Lindenberg!)
https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/style-files/udo-rock-1

Marcus

Offline soryt

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 10:14:52 PM »
On the most of the new packs fore the Genos are a lot of voices gone , in the country pack version fore Tyros there where more voices
There where a few western guitars that  sounds better than the "onboard" Genos  guitars , now they are gone
I hope Yamaha wil do there job right the next time on the Genos 2 .

Soneg  :(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 10:20:41 PM »
Marcus,

My guess is those vocal sounds you hear at the beginning are part of the VocalBeatbox kit present on the Genos.

Peter

Offline pjd

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »

If you check out the MP3 demo of this Udo Rock style, the intro has some distinct vocal anomalies added that I do not recognize. Does anyone recognize these vocal samples at the very beginning of the style demo as Genos sounds or voices integrated into the style?

Hi Marcus --

That does sound awesome. I think the vocalizations are intentional. I found something undocumented in one of the factory styles that maybe related. Wish I had a Genos in order to check out my hypothesis...

Take care -- pj

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »
Hi Marcus,

If I simply select Tyros5 as the instrument in the 'Your Instrument' box on the styles page of Yamaha Musicsoft, the 'Udo Rock' style appears at the top of the list (if sorted by 'Most recent').

However if I also click the 'Compatible' box (which is what actually filters the list for the selected keyboard) with Tyros5 as the keyboard, the Udo Rock style disappears from the list!

I think that this indicates that the style does use voices which are only currently available on Genos.

It is confusing (like other things on this awful website these days!), but even after selecting the keyboard, you still need to click the 'Compatible' box in order to filter the list for it!   :'( ??? :o ::)   

Of course I'm sure that Yamaha Musicsoft will happily sell you the style even though you don't have a Genos!

Regards

Ian

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2017, 11:35:04 PM »
Self destruct sequence starts in 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, ....

Marcus

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2017, 11:47:08 PM »
Marcus,

My guess is those vocal sounds you hear at the beginning are part of the VocalBeatbox kit present on the Genos.

Peter
Yes, your explanation makes sense to me. So only the Genos version of this style will have those vocal characteristics.

I would say the significantly increase of new Genos voices and drum kits are going to lean towards some awesome new premium Genos styles. I buy a few now and then during the 20% off sales, sometimes even for just a really good programmed style part that I can reassemble or re-edit into a custom style.

I am hoping my Genos gets delivered next month, as Canada seems to be the last country in the world to get a batch of these new arrangers. Looking forward exploring all these new sounds and voices.

Marcus
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:00:59 AM by Marcus »

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 12:07:16 AM »
Hi Marcus,

I for one are hoping you will get that Genos rather sooner than later :) From our past discussions I know you will be able to do some  beautiful things with the Genos. I won't follow your footsteps since my feet are simply too big ;) I will wait for its successor and hopefully an iPad with voice assistance (Like the CSP) 8)

regards,
Peter

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:09:03 AM by XeeniX »

Offline Stratcat

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 01:32:08 AM »
I never even knew there was a country musician pack. Of course I only have had psr's S900, 950 and now 970.
But Ive been hoping for country style sound pack for a long while.
The country sections of styles on the psr's is lacking a lot in my opinion.
Hopefully Yamaha will give us psr users something country, usable rather than more asian, indian etc etc.
I know there are individual styles, but I want a country musician expansion pack.
Jim

Best Wishes,
Jim
PSR S970, PSR SX900, 1987 Strat+

DavidB

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2017, 10:35:05 AM »
Very disappointed to read this thread.

I never had a Tyros 5 (stuck with a 4) but I just splashed out on the Church and Christmas expansion for my Genos. Now it's being suggested that there's absolutely nothing Genos about it and it's simply using the same styles and voices as the Tyros so the only difference will be the overall Genos improvment.

That being the case, I feel thoroughly ripped off.

Really? So Yamaha Music Soft are nothing short of a bunch of con merchants happy to make money by misleading and fooling their customers? Nah, I don't believe it... Happy to say I have more faith in the human race.

The following users thanked this post: bluali

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »
I personnally have big problems with YamahaMusicSoft

First , my previous packages are not all referenced in my "Account" : SA2 Pan Flute (!!!! : I love it) and US & Euro organs are not present (the first ones I bought on my Tyros 3)
Second, even when my package is referenced (vocal choirs) in my account, the site doesn't propose me to download the package freely without paying again.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2017, 06:29:53 PM »
I personnally have big problems with YamahaMusicSoft

First , my previous packages are not all referenced in my "Account" : SA2 Pan Flute (!!!! : I love it) and US & Euro organs are not present (the first ones I bought on my Tyros 3)
Second, even when my package is referenced (vocal choirs) in my account, the site doesn't propose me to download the package freely without paying again.

Just happened to me too. Had to call them to get the updated T5 to Genos pack registered so I wouldn't be charged again for it. Their note about registering/not registering your particular instrument shows they are having problems on theit site.

Offline supersteve

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
I also had the same problems , had to quote my original order numbers for the Church and Christmas pack and Also the Choir and Vocals.

No problem they soon amended and was able to re download free. From my Library.
The pan pipes and others are not ready as yet.
Regards Steve

tyrosman

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2017, 05:10:24 PM »
after seeing this i think ill Keep my Tyros 5 and wait for G 2 :)

DavidB

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2017, 06:23:03 PM »
after seeing this i think ill Keep my Tyros 5 and wait for G 2 :)

Why? This is problems with Yamaha Musicsoft, not the Genos. I doubt these problems will go away with Genos 2.

tyrosman

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2017, 07:14:52 PM »
ill wait and see what Happens after all im loving Tyros 5 at the moment so there is no Rush

Offline svpworld

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
I was lucky to be offered a free expansion pack for the Genos (UK) so I chose the Church and Christmas pack recently launched.  The quality of the sounds is really excellent as are the styles, however one of the styles (16 Worship Rock) has an annoying glitch where the voice on part Chord 2 is extremely loud and overpowering (electric guitar). I'm not sure if it's just mine so if anyone else has the same pack I would be interested in hearing if you've had the same issue.  Yamaha Europe did very kindly offer to exchange the pack or refund it, but as I really do like the pack I decided to decline their offer. I wasn't able to edit the style myself to correct the issue (I assume Yamaha don't allow this?) but I guess I could use a registration memory to fix it by adjusting the track volume.  Anyway thought I'd mention it.

Simon

Offline soryt

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 10:48:10 AM »
Simon,
I have listend to to the 16 worship rock , but i dont have something you mention.
But you can always modify youre styles in Style creator and save them on your own name or number, its now very easy to do on the Genos .
Yamaha have nothing to do with youre modified styles , its youre keyboard .

regards ,
Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »
Hi,

Select the style in question and save it to your usb drive (or the user area). This way you can edit and save later on without any problems. Now make sure the saved style is selected. Check if the CHD2 style part doesn't change it's voice and/or volume in the intro's endings, fills and variantions. If that is teh case you can batch edit that part in one go instead fo doig it for all variations, intro's et cetera by opening the mixing console. Go to the CHD2 part and adjust the volume to the level that you prefer. You can also change the voice if you like a different guitar. Once all is as you want it open styel creater and go to the menu that says assembly. Now tab the save button and save it again to your usb drive. The guitar and it;s volume will now be permanently adjusted. Don;t be afraid to make a mistake. The original will still be there in the expansion area.

If the guitar changes in colume or voice in for example one of the intro's the above method is NOT desirable since it will overwrite any program and volume changes programmed into the style. In order to keep changes of voice and.or volume you need to edit the voice in style editor itself (you can use mixing console there as well) but this time you need to change it for every different intro, variation et cetera.

You can of course save the volume and voice setting for that style but I think saving it into the style itself is the better way to go since it permanently annoys you :) Saving it in a registration would be the preferred way to go if you want to save these settings only for a particular song.

Peter