PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

Power supply problem

(1/4) > >>

arvacon:
Hi everyone.

I have the PSR-E453 for about 6 months and suddenly the power supply stopped working.
I tested it with a multimeter and it's dead. I used a power supply from another keyboard and my keyboard is working fine.

I searched at Yamaha's site for support and I called the Yamaha representative of my country, to talk about my problem. They told me that the power supply is not supported by the guarantee..
The representative was kind and he told me that even the guarantee doesn't support this, as it is something expendable (???), he will finally send me a new one, but I have to go to the store that I bought the keyboard, to return the old one and receive the new one.

The problem is that this store is 100km far away from my home, so that means +100km for return, so it will be like I buy it new, because I will pay it in gasoline. I asked him to send me that with post and he said that he can't send this to me, he will send it to that store and then I will have to talk with them and if they agree to send this, I must pay all the post expenses for send and receive. Go figure...

I was wondering, is this a global phenomenon of Yamaha's support, or is it just a Greek innovation?

AnupamEnosh:
Hi arvacon,
Yes in my country too, warranty covers only the Keyboard, and not the Power Adaptor. I confirmed that from the retailer during my purchase.

SeaGtGruff:
In some places you don't get a power adapter when you purchase the PSR-E453 and similar models; you must purchase a separate "Survival Kit" that contains the correct adapter. That's how it is in the USA, although some merchants will include the appropriate version of the "Survival Kit" (at additional cost, of course) when you purchase a PSR-E453 from them-- or you can just purchase the PSR-E453 without any "extras" if you already have a suitable power adapter.

While it might seem unfriendly of Yamaha not to cover the power adapter under the keyboard's warranty, power adapters can be easily damaged or worn out due to things like breaking the wires inside the cord by habitually rolling the cord around the adapter when putting it away-- which can cause the wires to get repeatedly bent in different directions until they eventually break-- or fluctuations in the power being supplied to the adapter (e.g., surges or drops in power) that could eventually wear out the power adapter's circuitry, etc.

arvacon:
Thanks guys for the info.

I should be happy that at least they offered me this change then, but yamaha should know, that this is not the right way to keep a customer happy.

Once I bought a cheap 12 euros soldering iron station from Lidl supermarket and after 18 months it stopped working.
Lidl offers 3 years guarantee for its products, so when I called them, I was sure that they would say to me that this is something that they can't replace, because it is something that it can fault after extended use. But nop, they didn't tell a word, they said we are sorry that you had trouble with our product, we send you a new one. I wish all the companies to had this kind of politics..  :)

arvacon:
I finally visited the store today, as I had another work at the city. They asked the old one back and they gave me a new one.
When I came home, I checked this with the multimeter and I just saw that this is not a stabilized power supply, as it says that is is 12v but it sends 16.5volts on output.

Can someone with a multimeter, please confirm if your power supply from your E-series keyboard sends 12volts or more on output?

I just would like to see if this is also defective or if they are all non stabilized.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version