Author Topic: Songbook+ will not connect to Genos Wireless Lan  (Read 27017 times)

gerarde

Songbook+ will not connect to Genos Wireless Lan
« on: November 16, 2017, 01:23:32 AM »
Setup Songbook+ and Genos as per the manual, but the Songbook+ is not communicating with the Genos wireless.
I did the restart MIDI too..
Any ideas?

I did get it to work using the camera adapter and a USB to Host cable.
But I would like it to work using wireless LAN.

Gerard
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 02:25:54 PM by gerard »

gerarde

Re: Songbook+ will not connect to Genos Wireless Lan
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:19 PM »
I followed instruction on pages 4, 5, and 9 to set it up to work with the WIRELESS LAN.
Here is the manual....
http://www.baum-software.ch/downloads/OtherManuals/Manual_Yamaha_Genos_SongBook.pdf
Has anyone else tried to hook up Songbook+ this way?

Gerard

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »
Hi Gerard --

Although I don't have a Genos (yet), I appreciate you're posting the link to the manual.

As Paul noted in a different thread, the example in the manual shows the Genos operating in Access Point Mode. This means that the Genos is effectively the master of its own WiFi network.

The manual says "Alternatively, you can integrate the Genos into an existing WiFi network, but the IP address of the Genos will then be different." So, theoretically, one should be able to enter the configuration data for a home WiFi network.

Personally, I'm inclined to use the Bluetooth method instead. Of course, that means buying a Yamaha Bluetooth adapter...

Thanks, again -- pj

gerarde

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:35:14 PM »
I have heard back from the publisher and he can't figure out why it won't work.
I want it to work so that when I do a gig, I can keep my iPad charging.
I have the older iPad that does not take the LIGHTNING dongle.
I am hoping someone else has tried this.
Meanwhile, I will wait for his reply.

Gerard

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:45:57 PM »
   I'm still waiting to hear if the new version 3.2 of Songbbook+  will alow me to have a registration on the Genos open a corresponding pdf file on my Ipad .  In earlier posts I thought this was a given.  Bob

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:54:54 PM »
   I'm still waiting to hear if the new version 3.2 of Songbbook+  will alow me to have a registration on the Genos open a corresponding pdf file on my Ipad .  In earlier posts I thought this was a given.  Bob

It does.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

gerarde

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 12:24:05 AM »
I am using it now on my Genos.
I can open a pdf from my keyboard or I can open a registration for Songbook+.
I am using a USB to Host cable. there is no setup required, it automatically will work, just follow the instructions in the manual.
Already I have created over 150 links between the Genos and Songbook+.

Gerard

Offline wdhorner

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 12:37:45 AM »
Gerard,
   I am using a wireless LAN connection also. I too had problems connecting initially. Assuming you have the IP address of the Genos entered into Songbook MIDI settings and followed the Manual for all the other MIDI settings, check your the selection for MIDI "Control mode". It needs to be set to "YAMAHA Genos Registrations (with link)". Being new to Songbook, I think that setting is new to Songbook 3.2.0.  Once I made that change everything works like magic!! Selecting a linked Reg on the Genos brings up the PDF on the Ipad, and selecting a Song PDF on the Ipad makes all the settings on the Genos happen. I have had some random difficulty with a linking error when trying to link a PDF to a Genos Reg. But I found selecting "Restart MIDI" from the MIDI button on the Songbook Toolbar at the top of the iPad screen fixes that problem. Good Luck!

Bill
Bill

gerarde

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:29 AM »
Bill,
Glad you got your working.
I have done everything I can and it still does not work.
I have an iPad 3.
Also, I have been in contact with support for Songbook+ and he does not know why it does not work.
What model iPad do you have?

Gerard

Offline Bob88

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 03:33:36 AM »
  Thanks for the positive posts.  I'm assuming a related midi file to the registration must be included to have the pdf file open or can the registration alone call up the pdf if there is no midi?  Bob

Offline zionip

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 04:17:01 AM »
Gerard,
   I am using a wireless LAN connection also. I too had problems connecting initially. Assuming you have the IP address of the Genos entered into Songbook MIDI settings and followed the Manual for all the other MIDI settings, check your the selection for MIDI "Control mode". It needs to be set to "YAMAHA Genos Registrations (with link)". Being new to Songbook, I think that setting is new to Songbook 3.2.0.  Once I made that change everything works like magic!! Selecting a linked Reg on the Genos brings up the PDF on the Ipad, and selecting a Song PDF on the Ipad makes all the settings on the Genos happen. I have had some random difficulty with a linking error when trying to link a PDF to a Genos Reg. But I found selecting "Restart MIDI" from the MIDI button on the Songbook Toolbar at the top of the iPad screen fixes that problem. Good Luck!

Bill

Bill,

I am glad that you tried it.

It works for me too.

Paul

Offline zionip

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2017, 04:24:18 AM »
Setup Songbook+ and Genos as per the manual, but the Songbook+ is not communicating with the Genos wireless.
I did the restart MIDI too..
Any ideas?

I did get it to work using the camera adapter and a USB to Host cable.
But I would like it to work using wireless LAN.

Gerard

Hi Gerald,

Bill already found the solution.

Here it is, very straight forward, the manual should not have mentioned to set the wireless LAN of Genos to Access Point Mode as an easier method.  The manual deliberately blurred out the portion of the IP address of the Wireless MIDI client and so if we do not pay full attention, we will miss that piece of important information. 

Since Bill told us it worked for him, I tried with the following steps and it worked (Genos remains in Infrastructure Mode on wireless LAN):
1.  Open the SongBook+ app, choose Settings, then MIDI.
2.  Change the Wireless MIDI Client to:  Activate, Host:  the IP address of your Genos,  Port:  5004
3.  MIDI Start/Stop:  Send MIDI Start & Send MIDI Stop both on.
4.  Easy Keyboard Control:  Control mode:  Yamaha Genos Registrations (with link)

By the way, port 5004 is used for RTP (Real-Time Transport Protocol), a network protocol for delivering audio and video over IP networks:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-time_Transport_Protocol

To get the IP address of the Genos:  Menu - Menu2 - Wireless LAN - Network (your connected SSID) - Detail.

Photo showing Songbook+ and Genos IP address:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ut3XARedSG9X9bY12

I am using 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 with SongBook+ 3.2.  With the wireless LAN of Genos staying in Infrastructure Mode, your iPad, while connected to Genos, can still access Internet as usual.  This is a much better solution than the wireless LAN of Genos configured as Access Point Mode as suggested in the manual that you attached.

I played the MIDI songs within SongBook+ on the iPad Pro and the Genos played the MIDI files accordingly.  However, the song play tempo was not stable, sometimes faster, sometimes slower, may be due to wireless LAN signal fluctuation.  The USB connection should be much more stable.  I also tested the Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth wireless MIDI interface connection with iPad regarding Songbook+ - it worked very smoothly without tempo unevenness associated with MIDI transmission through wireless LAN.

The following is just an option that you may want if you want MIDI stability, and charging your iPad at the same time, assuming you do not want to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 solution.

To achieve the purpose of charging your older iPad while connecting to Genos, page 8 of "Manual: How to connect YAMAHA Genos keyboard with SongBook+" lists examples of additional USB to MIDI devices that can charge your iPad while connected to it (usually with optional power supply also purchased for the device):

"Note that only a few of these adapters can charge the iPad while it’s being used. Consider that feature when buying such an adapter.
(e.g. adapters like iConnectMIDI2+/4+, Alesis ioDock, Behringer iStudio IS202 or the iRig MIDI only in the old version 1 can charge the iPad.)"

For example:

iConnectMIDI2+ Owner's Manual:
https://downloads.iconnectivity.com/downloads/manuals/ICM2Manual2016-08.pdf
P. 10 mentions "Important: Device port 1 will charge an iOS device when the optional power adapter is connected."

iConnectMIDI2+ (with cable for older iPad 30-pin connector):
https://www.amazon.com/iConnectMIDI2-Lightning-Connective-Interface-Technology/dp/B00EV4A0PG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511071487&sr=8-1&keywords=iConnectMIDI2%2B&th=1

Its power supply (currently out of stock at Amazon):
https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-iCP6V-Optional-Transformer-iConnectMIDI2/dp/B06XDS3WT6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1511071487&sr=8-2&keywords=iConnectMIDI2%2B

You can buy the power supply directly from iConnect:
https://www.iconnectivity.com/store/6v-18w-optional-power-adapter

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:59:04 PM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52, loendersloot

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
Paul,

Excellent information! Thank you for posting it.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline wdhorner

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2017, 01:07:03 PM »
Hi Gerard, Like Paul I'm using an 2017 Ipad Pro 12.9 for Songbook+.

Bob88, Not sure if I'm interpreting your question correctly but once the iPad is connected to the Genos you don't have to supply any additional midi files. You just set up all your registration buttons on the Genos the way you want them (DON'T forget to save the registration file when your done!!). Then go to Songbook, Bring up the PDF for the song and press the "..." (three dot button) on the Songbook toolbar and select "Now link the song" from the dropdown menu and everything is done for you. That's it!! From then on, when you select the registration on the Genos screen the PDF appears on the iPad. when you select a Song PDF on the iPad the corresponding Registration is set on the Genos. Very simple and easy!!

Great post Paul!

Bill
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:11:33 PM by wdhorner »
Bill

gerarde

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2017, 01:07:34 PM »
Hi Paul,
I read your instructions and found out how you got it to work.
You connected your Genos to a network, and used the ip address from that.
When I do a gig, there may not be a network available.
That is why I have to set the Genos to Access Point method, allowing the Genos to be the host.
And that is what I need to work.

Gerard

Offline zionip

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 03:36:25 PM »
Hi Paul,
I read your instructions and found out how you got it to work.
You connected your Genos to a network, and used the ip address from that.
When I do a gig, there may not be a network available.
That is why I have to set the Genos to Access Point method, allowing the Genos to be the host.
And that is what I need to work.

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

The Access Point Mode method does not work for SongBook+ connection with Genos yet, as you and I already confirmed.

I really do not like the fact that the MIDI streams transmitted and received between the iPad and Genos through wireless LAN is not stable in speed, which affects live gig performance, depending on how you use the SongBook+.

My recommendation for your situation is to forget about the Access Point Mode and choose either of the following methods:

1. Wired connection through USB to external USB to MIDI devices such as the iConnectMIDI2+ with its power supply connected so your iPad gets charged while using SongBook+ with Genos, a $125 solution.  For iPad models older than iPad 3, this method is the preferred / only choice.

2.  Purchase a Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth wireless MIDI adapter, a $55 solution, and plug it to the MIDI-in and MIDI-out ports of either MIDI A or MIDI B of the Genos.  Use the Korg "BLE-MIDI" app on your iPad to connect to the MD-BT01.  This method is cheaper and more convenient, and also allows your iPad being charged all the time.  However, there is a gotcha, this device requires "Mac, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with Bluetooth 4.0 installed", which means that your iPad has to be iPad 3 or newer.  If you have iPad older than iPad 3, use method 1.

Wishing you have the problem solved soon,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:40:00 PM by zionip »

gerarde

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 04:07:45 PM »
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the info.
I think I will stick to the USB to Host cable.
It is very fast in calling up songs either way from keyboard to songbook or songbook to keyboard.
I will just have to charge my iPad when I take a break in-between sets if it needs it.
Unless Songbook+ comes up with a solution to do the access Point Mode.

Gerard

gerarde

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 05:08:13 PM »
I am wondering if I can use a powered USB hub, to plug my iPad into and then the USB to Host cable to the Genos.
Then my iPad will charge all the time.
As long as it does not interfere with Genos.

Gerard

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
Gerard,

I primarily play one or two hour gigs and I never have had an issue with not enough power on the iPad.  How long are your gigs that you don’t have enough power?   Good thought you have on charging the ipad between breaks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:43:57 PM by stephenm52 »

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 05:42:26 PM »
I am wondering if I can use a powered USB hub, to plug my iPad into and then the USB to Host cable to the Genos.
Then my iPad will charge all the time.
As long as it does not interfere with Genos.

Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Unfortunately with your iPad 3 30-pin USB camera kit, it is impossible to charge your iPad 3 using a powered USB hub.

The following Youtube video, while showing an Apple keyboard can be connected properly to a powered USB hub to the 30-pin camera kit on the iPad. If you view the video in full screen mode, you will notice that the battery icon on the iPad does not show the iPad being recharged with the 30-pin camera kit plugged into a powered USB hub:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ5PF6NH-GE

With the Apple MK0W2AM/A Lightning To USB Camera Adapter for iPads newer than iPad 3, this is possible:
https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MK0W2AM-Lightning-Camera-Adapter/dp/B01F7KJDIM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1511113370&sr=8-3&keywords=apple+lightning+to+usb+3.0+camera+adapter

Typically once an iPad is fully charged, it continues to run for many hours, you just have to make sure you fully recharge it before your gig and you should be OK.

If you insist on charging your iPad 3 while using Songbook+ with Genos, as I mentioned in previous post, you have these 2 options:

1. Wired connection through USB to external USB to MIDI devices such as the iConnectMIDI2+ with its power supply connected so your iPad gets charged while using SongBook+ with Genos, a $125 solution.  For iPad models older than iPad 3, this method is the preferred / only choice.

2.  Purchase a Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth wireless MIDI adapter, a $55 solution, and plug it to the MIDI-in and MIDI-out ports of either MIDI A or MIDI B of the Genos.  Use the Korg "BLE-MIDI" app on your iPad to connect to the MD-BT01.  This method is cheaper and more convenient, and also allows your iPad being charged all the time.  However, there is a gotcha, this device requires "Mac, iPhone/iPod touch/iPad with Bluetooth 4.0 installed", which means that your iPad has to be iPad 3 or newer.  If you have iPad older than iPad 3, use method 1.

Paul
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 05:55:02 PM by zionip »

Offline Bob88

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 06:15:45 PM »
 Thank you Bill.  Just what I was waiting to hear.  Also , Paul  your detailed information is appreciated. Bob

gerarde

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 06:28:23 PM »
Hi Paul,
Thank you again for your info.
Now I know I can't charge iPad with powered hub.
I will keep my iPad fully charged before a gig and charge on my breaks.
I am setting up 400 or more registrations now and working about 12 hours a day doing so.
This makes my battery go down, and I have to charge it during the day...

Regards,
Gerard

Offline wdhorner

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »
Paul and Gerard Wireless access point is working for me. I did several things to get it to work:

1. Set the Genos up for Access Point Mode.
2. Changed the IP address of Genos to 192.168.1.1 since I have a wireless LAN in the house which is already 192.168.0.1
3. Went to the iPad Wireless IOS settings and selected the GENOS SSID (which for me was set to "ap-Genos-380588") as my iPad wireless network connection.
4. In Songbook MIDI settings I set the IP to 192.168.1.1 to match the Genos
5. Genos had set the MIDI channel to 11 so I made the same setting in Songbook MIDI settings (I think it was Channel 1 before??)
6. I did the "Restart MIDI" from the Songbook Midi button

Everything worked as expected after that.

See if that works for you.
Bill

gerarde

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:35 PM »
Hi Bill,
IT WORKS!!!!
It as a few extra steps but all is fine now.
I will email Songbook+ and text them what has to be done.
The instructions in the manual will have to be updated.

Gerard

Offline wdhorner

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 10:32:10 PM »
That's great Gerard, glad you got it working!!

Bill
Bill

Offline zionip

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 02:38:25 AM »
Paul and Gerard Wireless access point is working for me. I did several things to get it to work:

1. Set the Genos up for Access Point Mode.
2. Changed the IP address of Genos to 192.168.1.1 since I have a wireless LAN in the house which is already 192.168.0.1
3. Went to the iPad Wireless IOS settings and selected the GENOS SSID (which for me was set to "ap-Genos-380588") as my iPad wireless network connection.
4. In Songbook MIDI settings I set the IP to 192.168.1.1 to match the Genos
5. Genos had set the MIDI channel to 11 so I made the same setting in Songbook MIDI settings (I think it was Channel 1 before??)
6. I did the "Restart MIDI" from the Songbook Midi button

Everything worked as expected after that.

See if that works for you.
Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for figuring this out.

I tried the MIDI stream through the wireless LAN (either Infrastructure mode, or Access Point mode) between the iPad Pro and Genos and found that the MIDI stream speed was unstable.  When I played a MIDI file from SongBook+, the Genos played with very unstable tempos.  Doing the same through the Yamaha MD-BT01 bluetooth MIDI adapter was flawless.  Calling SongBook+ from registrations of Genos to display PDF is probably fine.

I will use MD-BT01 for SongBook+ for stable bi-directional MIDI streams.

Thanks again,

Paul

gerarde

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
Something else I found out.
When you turn off our iPad and then turn it back on, make sure you go to iPad settings and connect to the Genos network each time.
My iPad defaults to my home wireless network.
Also, I found that Songbook works perfect from my PLAYLIST I created from my registrations.
I am making different playlists for sets I might do as well as a complete playlist.
I could also create the same in Songbook and then call up a song from either.

Gerard

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 01:36:29 PM »
When you turn off our iPad and then turn it back on, make sure you go to iPad settings and connect to the Genos network each time.
Also, I found that Songbook works perfect from my PLAYLIST I created from my registrations.
I am making different playlists for sets I might do as well as a complete playlist.

Gerard

Thank you Gerard.  That's the same way my Pa4x and Mobile Sheets Pro work for Android, this great news, another plus for Genos!!

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Mike W

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 04:48:37 AM »

Gerard

Hi Gerard,  I had the same problem- I followed the instructions for Songbook but didn’t realize I had to connect to Genos to the WiFi settings on my ipad each time I use it.

I find the connection flawless.  In the past I had a keyboard with Bluetooth and it sometimes was temperamental. The WiFi signal that the Genos sends out seems quite strong and stable.

I also did some experimenting and found that I can put registrations in multiple folders on a usb stick, and the connection to songbook recognizes exactly where they are on it.  I can even move the stick to different usb connections on the Tyros and the connection to songbook still work fine.

It’s the easiest connection to songbook yet.  On my Pa4x I need to put in a number on the keyboard and in songbook that matches (I thought that was pretty good).  On Genos you just hit a button on songbook and in a second the 2 are connected. Very simple and powerful.  Love this keyboard!

Mike

gerarde

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2017, 10:47:24 AM »
UPDATE!
I have been emailing the publisher of Songbook+ about connecting to the Genos.
He is adding to the manual that you have to connect to the Genos network.
When you go to settings on the iPad, and go to services, click on wi-fi, then select the Genos network.
1. Make sure you have Genos on first for the network to be available.
2. The first time you connect to the Genos network you have to put in a password.
3. On the Wireless Lan screen, on the Genos, make sure you change MODE to Access Point.
4. On the Access Point screen you will see the password is 8 0"s, 00000000
5. Use this password on your iPad for your first connect, it will automatically connect the next time you connect to the Genos network.
6. I have Wi-Fi in my house so, when I first turn on my iPad, it automatically connects to it and I have to then switch to the Genos network.
7. Once in a while, maybe due to inactivity, the iPad will loose connection to the Genos network, just click on the MIDI button and RESTART MIDI.

I connect this way because I have an iPad 3 which does not allow me to charge it using a Camera adapter.
For those who want a real no brainer connection from Songbook to Genos, you can us a camera adapter, and connect to the Genos with a USB to Host cable.
Then just change the settings in Songbook, that ae on page 10, I think, and that's it.
You don't have to do a thing on the Genos, with this setup!

Gerard

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2017, 11:08:50 AM »
Thank you Gerard, great information.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Lloyd E

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
it's getting more and more complicated to access things on the Genos. Sad that owners have to rely on other owners to get a function to work. It seems though were following a new trend as follows:
We used to take the difficult and make it easy.  Now we take the easy and make it difficult.    Lloyd

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 05:18:22 PM »
it's getting more and more complicated to access things on the Genos. Sad that owners have to rely on other owners to get a function to work. It seems though were following a new trend as follows:
We used to take the difficult and make it easy.  Now we take the easy and make it difficult.    Lloyd

Lloyd,

It's complicated only because features are being added.

The old-fashioned way of connecting with a cable still works. And works the way it always did.

It's when you want to connect wirelessly that you have to learn something new.

If you don't want to learn anything new, then do it the old-fashioned way. It works fine.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2017, 07:50:27 PM »
I have to write I'm over the moon was in this new wireless method of connect ting the iPad to songbook plus. Amazing how it works so easily.

I do agree with Lloyd the OS is different that previous arrangers and there is a learning curve.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 06:31:41 AM »
does the wireless ipad/Genos connection require wifi . . . . ? 

can it work wireless without in places where there is no wifi available . . . ?

thanks a lot.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

gerarde

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2017, 11:05:56 AM »
Al.
No, the iPad/Genos connection does not require wifi.
Look at what I wrote about 5 posts back to change Genos to the ACCESS POINT mode.
That uses the internal wireless lan.

Gerard

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2017, 04:14:31 PM »
Gerard,
thanks it is good to know.  I currently connect T5 via the iPad camera adapter.  I will soon get the Genos and will try to establish the wireless connection but i go to a lot of places where there is no wifi available and I do not have a data plan.   That is why i wanted to know in advance.

thanks again. 

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

gerarde

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2017, 05:07:57 PM »
Al,

Not only that, you can just use a USB to HOST cable, and connect that way.
You do not have to do anything on the Genoa at all!
Just the setup in Songbook+, with linking your registrations.

Gerard

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2017, 05:57:26 PM »
Gerard
thanks.  that is good news.   so, no more midis to link to Songbook.

have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2017, 06:30:36 PM »
Gerard
thanks.  that is good news.   so, no more midis to link to Songbook.

have a great day.

I still use midis to turn the page. But if you have everything on one page, you can get away without midis.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

The following users thanked this post: MisterGenos

Offline MisterGenos

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2017, 09:02:25 PM »
Hello

I try this with the Genos and it's verre simple

first you go to the Button Menu then use menu 2

there you go on the screen Wireless Lan and put the button Mode in

The Genos is have a possibility to have a Acces Point Mode

So you make an connection without a router or a splitter

look about the picture
and shake the same Ip adress in the Songbook 

There You go the the Settings and take Midi

USe activate Wireless Midi Client  with the HOST a the same IP adress and its working

and Also Use the CONTROL MODE  SET THIS ON GENOS

have a nice day

Mister Genos

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 01:05:33 AM »
I still use midis to turn the page. But if you have everything on one page, you can get away without midis.

Fred

Thanks.   Well, i have mostly everything in one page.  However, i have a few pdf's that are more than one page.  In those cases, i just use my finger on the ipad screen to scroll to the next page.   

thanks again.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Bob88

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 02:09:38 AM »
Al:  You might want to have a look at a Cicada Page Turner.  It works wireless .  You tap the pedal and can forward or reverse.  There are also other brands.  I have one
and it performs flawlessly.  Bob

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 05:12:50 AM »
Bob
thanks for the suggestion.

I looked it up on the internet.  It looks like a very useful device.   I will consider it.

Have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline voodoo

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 10:40:56 AM »
i will purchase the iRig BlueTurn:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B01C5RZWM6

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 11:51:55 AM »
Al:  You might want to have a look at a Cicada Page Turner.  It works wireless .  You tap the pedal and can forward or reverse.  There are also other brands.  I have one
and it performs flawlessly.  Bob

Plus 1 for the Cicada page turner.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks