Author Topic: Installing Bonus Playlist from Yamaha  (Read 28964 times)

Offline zionip

Installing Bonus Playlist from Yamaha
« on: November 13, 2017, 03:58:43 PM »
A lot of Genos users already installed the Yamaha provided bonus playlist for Genos.  However, there are still a lot of new Genos owners who have troubles in getting the process done properly, given the simple instructions that came with the zip file.

I found that the bonus playlist from Yamaha can only be stored on USB1, which is the USB port underneath the Genos in order for the new playlist to work properly. I also found that using "Append Playlist" is most effective in this process.

So here is my updated instruction of how to add the bonus Genos playlist from Yamaha:

I assume that you already downloaded this "Bonus Playlist for Genos" from Yamaha:
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1132987/PlaylistForGenos.zip

Important: The "PlaylistForGenos" folder must be copied from your computer to the USB flash drive destined to be USB1, to be inserted underneath the Genos. The saved new playlist should be also simply stored at the root directory of USB1.

The instructions that came with the zip file is good until step 4:
1. Unzip the download files using preferred computer program.
2. Copy "PlaylistForGenos" folder onto root folder of USB storage device (on to USB1, to be inserted underneath Genos).
3. Connect your USB storage device to the USB TO DEVICE terminal
4. Call up Playlist function by pressing [PLAYLIST] button.

From step 5 onward, I am going to show you how to append the bonus Genos playlist from Yamaha to the preset Example playlist:
5. Touch the "Append Playlist" icon under "Add Record" section on the right to access the new playlist (please note that the Preset Example playlist that came with the Genos has only 2 pages in length):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5G7rAarOZDFI62TG3
6. This brings you to the Playlist source page, showing User, USB1, USB2, Expansion. Press "USB1" on the left-most column:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UI8uc4SvKpLT1qOH2
7. This will bring you to the root directory of USB1, press "PlaylistForGenos" on the right window:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n5TtFoV8345QjMv02
8. This screen lists all the sub-folders within "PlaylistForGenos". Now press "Ballroom":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7r0TXUII91210J8l2
9. Now you see the playlist file "Genos Playlist Ballroom". Press this playlist file "Genos Playlist Ballroom":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/eWN7xrCJ3yogC4OP2
10. You will be prompted for confirmation to append the selected playlist file to the current "Example" playlist. Press "Yes":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/G15qDe5iAeq9T5hk1
11. Repeat steps 5 through 10 for the remaining 14 playlist files under the sub-folders of USB1\"PlaylistForGenos". Then you press "Save" next to the playlist "Example" (I forgot to take a photo at this step, so I reuse a previous photo in step 5, but the pages should have been 1/51 instead of 1/2):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f3B2u12I26FhFPft2
12   You will presented the storage destination choices. Make sure you choose "USB1" and save the new longer playlist at the root directory of "USB1" and name it with your choice. In my case I saved it as "User_Examples":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yiqU7xVxSGPjDeTq2
13. Now you can see the Playlist name is "User_Examples" and now it as 51 pages instead of 2 pages:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yDmDstzUdcZCIKUE2

You can double press any of the songs listed in the current playlist and it will recall the associated registrations for you.

Warning:  If you save the new playlist on User, USB2, or USB3, the new playlist may fail to recall the associated registrations.

Paul
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 01:05:59 AM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: terryB, hammer, AndiiRoo, StuartR, GrantB, pchan

Del 123

Re: Installing Bonus Playlist from Yamaha
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »

Paul,

I am hoing you may be able to help me - which is kind of related to your post. Before I exchanged my Tyros 5 I saved all my registrations on a memory stick. I picked up my new Genos last weekend and I wanted to transfer my regards into the Genos.

Which USB port do I use? And do I do a similar procedure when you upload the bonus playlist?

Also, I in my T5 I had 1800 Music finders records (also loaded on a mem stick. Will these also trader to the Genos?

Regards
Darren

The following users thanked this post: raywil77

kla4

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »
It doesn't fail after you change the drive letter from I:  to C:  in the playlistfile. (e.g. with TotalCommander on PC)

Another solution : Delete the playlistfiles and browse thru de Registrations.

Offline zionip

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »
Paul,

I am hoing you may be able to help me - which is kind of related to your post. Before I exchanged my Tyros 5 I saved all my registrations on a memory stick. I picked up my new Genos last weekend and I wanted to transfer my regards into the Genos.

Which USB port do I use? And do I do a similar procedure when you upload the bonus playlist?

Also, I in my T5 I had 1800 Music finders records (also loaded on a mem stick. Will these also trader to the Genos?

Regards
Darren

Hi Darren,

Have you followed the instruction of importing Music Finder records to Playlists on P. 105 - P. 106 of the Genos Reference Manual?
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1131007/genos_en_rm_b0.pdf

I do not own a Tyros 5, so I cannot really say for sure about the accuracy of the above process description.

I wish I had a Tyros 5 Music Finder database file to test the accuracy of the instruction for you.

Paul

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 08:32:04 PM »
Why do you torture so much?
Open a notepad file on your computer (lets say A file). Or simply, copy first playlist to root of PlaylistsForGenos folder.
Open first playlist, with notepad, from first folder, copy all content and paste to A file. (Only if you created empty file)
Open the second playlist, copy all content minus first line... paste to the end of A file, from the beginning of line.
And so on to the last playlist.
Save A file to root of folder "PlaylistForGenos" with correct extension of playlist file (if you didn't copy first playlist)
Try load playlist created. It must load without errors ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Del 123

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:42:06 PM »
Thank you guys for you advice. I will give your suggestions a try!

Regards
Darren

Offline zionip

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
Thank you guys for you advice. I will give your suggestions a try!

Regards
Darren

Hi Darren,

I posted the following message in one of the thread in the Genos General forum.  I re-post this here just in case you did not catch it.

Hi Darren,

Don't worry.  The process of importing Tyros 5 Music Finder database file to Genos Playlist file is quite straight forward.

I downloaded a sample Tyros 5 Music Finder database file "Tyros5MF.mfd" and copied it to the USB stick to be used as USB1 port underneath the Genos.

To make it simple, unplug all USB drive sticks from the Genos, just plug in your USB drive stick with your backed up Tyros5MF into the USB port underneath the Genos.  Then power on Genos, the USB stick underneath your Genos will be USB1.

After I inserted the USB stick to USB1 port, I did the following to import the Tyros5MF.mfd file into a songlist with the same name:
1.  Press the white "Playlist" button to get the this screen, then press the Playlist name, in my case "User_Example":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FAWixYTL83LL0jbU2

2.  You will be presented with this screen for Music Finder source, choose USB1, then press on the MFD file, in my case "Tyros5MD" MFD file:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/B2icFZb1tBHSXpoN2

3.  You will be prompted for confirmation of Music Finder importing your Tyros Music Finder file to a new Playlist file with the same name, choose "Yes" and the system will execute the importing, which will take quite a while, depending on the number of records in your Music Finder database.  Just be patient and maybe take some time to drink a cup of tea or coffee.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bWsuLJZ6WJ9FdP0V2

4.  Finally, the system will complete the Music Finder importing process and will present you this screen.  Press "OK" to continue:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8wYQuWDuVgl5VdG22

5.  You will then be presented the following screen, in which you will find both the "Tyros5MF" MFD file, and the newly generated "Tyros5MF" Playlist file.  Now press "Exit" button, or the cross at the upper corner of the screen:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/HNyikp83Ths6gtew2

6.  Now you are back to the Playlist screen with the new playlist "Tyros5MF":
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Du9Xfuq0DD1BxWPZ2

The above process was very straight forward, but time-consuming.

Due to time constraint, I did not try importing the Music Finder database file from USB2 (front USB port).

Please remember to turn on the OTS Link.  I tested several songs and verified that the registrations recalled were properly performed.

I did not own Tyros 5, but I own PSR-S970.  Genos to me is much more friendlier and versatile than the PSR-S970.  Give it some time and you will love Genos.

Thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:37:49 PM by zionip »

DavidB

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 01:41:13 PM »
I just found this thread after failing to get the bonus playlists to work.

I'm amazed the included instructions could be so wrong. It makes no sense.

Offline zionip

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 04:36:52 PM »
I just found this thread after failing to get the bonus playlists to work.

I'm amazed the included instructions could be so wrong. It makes no sense.

The instruction included with the Genos bonus playlists from step no. 5 on was wrong, did not provide any correct procedure for the Genos owners to follow.  I had to do some trial and error to figure it out.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »
The instruction included with the Genos bonus playlists from step no. 5 on was wrong, did not provide any correct procedure for the Genos owners to follow.  I had to do some trial and error to figure it out.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,  I've been reading your posts, they are very informative. Thank you for taking the time to explain and including photos.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 02:39:54 PM »
Paul,  I've been reading your posts, they are very informative. Thank you for taking the time to explain and including photos.

Thanks for your reading.

The main reason for me joining this forum is to enjoy my hobby of music playing, while helping others in need, or getting help from others, and doing some fact finding, to enrich my life. 

I have two other hobbies, portraiture photography and table tennis.  I am an ITTF certified level 2 coach, and I coach beginner players for free to help them improve quickly.

Most people discuss with some implied assumptions and so getting their correct ideas requires some extra thoughts and somtimes further inquiries.  I tried to be more specific in my wording, with included URL links, photos or videos, to help proper and more effective communication.  I still have to frequently edit my original posts to correct for some blemishes that could lead to misunderstanding, or to improve for a clearer description of facts.

Regards,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:45:20 PM by zionip »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
Thanks for your reading.

The main reason for me joining this forum is to enjoy my hobby of music playing, while helping others in need, or getting help from others, and doing some fact finding, to enrich my life. 

I have two other hobbies, portraiture photography and table tennis.  I am an ITTF certified level 2 coach, and I coach beginner players for free to help them improve quickly.

Most people discuss with some implied assumptions and so getting their correct ideas requires some extra thoughts and somtimes further inquiries.  I tried to be more specific in my wording, with included URL links, photos or videos, to help proper and more effective communication.  I still have to frequently edit my original posts to correct for some blemishes that could lead to misunderstanding, or to improve for a clearer description of facts.

Regards,
Paul

Paul, Thanks for sharing.  I'm not sure what it is with musicians, but many of us seem to have a love of photography as well.  I love landscape photography, I shoot Canon and Fuji mirrorless, how about you?  Very cool you're a coach too!

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline zionip

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 03:30:38 PM »
Paul, Thanks for sharing.  I'm not sure what it is with musicians, but many of us seem to have a love of photography as well.  I love landscape photography, I shoot Canon and Fuji mirrorless, how about you?  Very cool you're a coach too!

I think music and photography are just two highly associated aspects of an artistic person's view / channel on the appreciation of beautiful things around us.  When a person is born with an artistic mind, he/she is more sensitive in the appreciation of art, more willing to be trained to express him/herself through the forms of music, dance, painting, sculpture, photography ...

Photography:
For full frame outdoor portraiture stills, I shoot Canon DSLRs, due to the rich mid tones of their sensors.
For full frame landscape and indoor flash portraiture stills, I shoot Nikon DSLRs, due to its overall better micro contrast and higher resolution sensors.
For high speed indoors sport events, I shoot Olympus OMD-EM1 Mark2 micro fourthirds mirrorless, due to its crazy high frames per second shooting speed, and deeper depth of field at the same apertures to get the subjects in focus easier.
For 4K video recording, I shoot a mixture of Olympus / Panasonic micro fourthirds, iphone 6s plus, and Samsung Galaxy Note8 with Zhiyun Crane M and Crane handheld gimbal video stabilizers.
For travel:  cell phones and Moment lenses, mFT camera and lenses.
Fujifilm (APS-C format) and Sony (full frame) have great mirrorless cameras that I dare not try for the sake of my wallet.

I have to admit, keeping up hobbies is expensive.   :)

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:47:47 PM by zionip »

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 04:08:46 PM »
I think music and photography are just two highly associated aspects of an artistic person's view / channel on the appreciation of beautiful things around us.  When a person is born with an artistic mind, he/she is more sensitive in the appreciation of art, more willing to be trained to express him/herself through the forms of music, dance, painting, sculpture, photography ...

Fujifilm (APS-C format) and Sony (full frame) have great mirrorless cameras that I dare not try for the sake of my wallet.

I have to admit, keeping up hobbies is expensive.   :)

Thanks,
Paul

Wise choice on staying away from Mirrorless for the sake of your wallet.  As good as they are I still prefer a DSLR.

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

jgriffin

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 04:51:33 PM »
Hi Paul.....welcome to the forum!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lloyd E

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 06:11:11 PM »
Long winded process that is too **** involved to be a pleasure to download.
We used to take something difficult and make it simple.
Now we take something simple and make it difficult.

Some things about the new Genos I don't like. Lloyd >:(

gerarde

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 07:43:12 PM »
I have the Genos playlist on my USB stick.
The USB stick I put in the slot on the top of the keyboard, I do not use the hidden slot.
I press PLAYLIST, select USB, then GENOS PLAYLIST, then COUNTRY or JAZZ or whatever.
Then I press EXIT.
Now on the screen are all the songs for that folder.
All the registrations come up fine.

Gerard

DavidB

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
Gerard,

Thanks for your comment, it made me think of something and hey presto, mine too are working perfectly without having to do any of the stuff Paul mentions (sorry Paul).

You must follow the Yamaha instructions to the letter... In other words you must unzip/copy (on PC) the PlaylistForGenos folder onto the USB stick you will use under the keyboard (or if you're only ever going to use one on top) that one. That way all the needed files are copied correctly, the playlists link to the registrations and everything works as it should.

Previously I unzipped/copied them to another stick, which I then copied to the underneath stick using the Genos, and I now realise, even though in playlist/music finder mode this was not copying all the needed files.

One word of warning though Gerard as you say your only using a stick on top. If you ever do plug one in underneath, it will break these playlists and you will have to install them again on the stick underneath.

Hope that all makes sense... it's not time consuming or jumping through hoops, just reading the manual and following the instructions :)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 11:12:41 AM by DavidB »

gerarde

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 10:05:46 PM »
David,
I use the USB slot on top all the time.
I have a 64gb.
I made sure I bought one of those small ones, that looks like a knob, instead of a long stick.
This way when I go t oa gig, I am not worried about leaving it in or breaking.

Gerard

Offline Bob88

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2017, 03:08:29 AM »
  I  want to install the Yamaha Bonus Playlist on  to my Genos hidden thumb stick.  Does that mean  I have to remove the stick and  plug it in to my computer, copy the playist to it and then reinsert  it into the Genos hidden slot or is  there another process  to accomplish this?  Bob

Offline zionip

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 03:24:30 AM »
  I  want to install the Yamaha Bonus Playlist on  to my Genos hidden thumb stick.  Does that mean  I have to remove the stick and  plug it in to my computer, copy the playist to it and then reinsert  it into the Genos hidden slot or is  there another process  to accomplish this?  Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, what you described is correct and the easiest method, without being confused by USB1 or USB2, button, or top USB slot.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Bob88

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 02:25:17 PM »
  Great, Paul.  Thank you.  Bob

Offline alans

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2017, 08:38:36 PM »
Thanks Paul for that valuable info on loading the bonus playlist,I'd loaded it but it was not responding,it was not until I found from your post about having to extract it before  loading  to USB 1.

Now all is good,only wish I could read German language,lots of German names on mine,is that correct ?

Regards

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline alans

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2017, 05:33:09 PM »
Last night I successfully downloaded and installed the bonus playlist,when finished I had a playlist of over 300 songs.
Today on switching on and selecting playlist I now have to select USB1! I'm then presented with a screen showing categories ie,ballroom ,oldies,pop etc.Is this correct,it seems strange yesterday I had 1 long list but now have categories.
It is not a problem,just wondered if this how it should be

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline zionip

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2017, 08:16:58 PM »
Last night I successfully downloaded and installed the bonus playlist,when finished I had a playlist of over 300 songs.
Today on switching on and selecting playlist I now have to select USB1! I'm then presented with a screen showing categories ie,ballroom ,oldies,pop etc.Is this correct,it seems strange yesterday I had 1 long list but now have categories.
It is not a problem,just wondered if this how it should be

Alan

Hi Alan,

You probably were looking at the sub folder of the "PlaylistForGenos" folder at the root directory of USB1:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/7r0TXUII91210J8l2

The question is, where did you specify to store your new playlist?  Did you store the new playlist at the root directory of USB1?  Or did you stored your new playlist inside the "PlaylistForGenos" folder?  If you stored your new playlist inside the "PlaylistForGenos" folder, you need to press "P2" to look further in the same folder for your playlist icon.

You can see from the following photo the icon of my new playlist file named "User_Examples" on the right hand side:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yiqU7xVxSGPjDeTq2

Adding adding all the bonus playlist provided by Yamaha, I got a total of 51 pages of songs:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yDmDstzUdcZCIKUE2

Thanks,
Paul

Offline alans

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2017, 08:25:49 PM »
Hi Paul

Thanks for that info,I'll correct it tomorrow

Alan

Del 123

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »

Hi Paul,

From this end of the thread I just wanted to thank you for all your support and help in getting the best from the Genos!

Further to the link between photography and music I do agree there is a close artistic element combined with creative pathways in our brains. My other hobby besides  playing music (well ..trying to play music) is painting in watercolours & pastels. I am split between the two at times with both passions shared in one room! My wife loves my paintings but doesn’t appreciate my keyboard skills yet :P the Genos will change that ..I’m sure!

My day job is in heritage stonemasonry and I lead a team of masons at my local Cathedral. We have carved some very funny & rude gargoyles in the past :D just as well they are 150 ft high on the building!

Regards
Darren

Offline Wim NL

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2017, 03:30:09 PM »
My tip to Paul and others,

You can easy to make a screen shot from your keyboard instead of making a photo.

see here : http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/display.htm

With paint you can save it in PNG format to attach in a post here see attached screenshot.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Best Regards,
Wim

Offline zionip

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 02:41:42 AM »
My tip to Paul and others,

You can easy to make a screen shot from your keyboard instead of making a photo.

see here : http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/display.htm

With paint you can save it in PNG format to attach in a post here see attached screenshot.

Hi Wim,

Thanks for the tip:
Genos
1. Insert USB stick
2. In the Style control section, hold down the "BREAK" and "ENDING 2" and "ENDING 3" buttons while turning on Genos
3. To take a screen copy, press "ONE TOUCH SETTING 4"
4. The images are stored on the USB stick (in the root folder and called CAPT000X)

Paul

Offline zionip

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 03:15:11 AM »
Hi Paul,

From this end of the thread I just wanted to thank you for all your support and help in getting the best from the Genos!

Further to the link between photography and music I do agree there is a close artistic element combined with creative pathways in our brains. My other hobby besides  playing music (well ..trying to play music) is painting in watercolours & pastels. I am split between the two at times with both passions shared in one room! My wife loves my paintings but doesn’t appreciate my keyboard skills yet :P the Genos will change that ..I’m sure!

My day job is in heritage stonemasonry and I lead a team of masons at my local Cathedral. We have carved some very funny & rude gargoyles in the past :D just as well they are 150 ft high on the building!

Regards
Darren

Hi Darren,

I'm glad to contribute.

Great hobbies and fascinating job!

I used to spend a lot of time pencil sketching and watercolor painting when I was very young.  Due to my good drawing skills, I was admitted to a Design diploma course and got exposed to photography, ceramics, sculpture,  jewelry design, which were all very interesting to me.  Later on I found that I would have to work very hard as an artist to support myself, and artists were usually not paid well.  I had to quit that course and continued with formal college and postgraduate education to become an IT professional.

With the great iOS apps like Procreate, Artrage, Paper (by Fifty-three), we can now draw / paint digitally with professional results on the iPad / iPad Pro.  I wish I could have more time for this.

When I travel, I usually carry with me a Roli Seaboard Block 24-key silicone skinned keyboard, or a Korg microkey Air 61 keyboard to trigger sounds from an iPad Pro 12.9, very light weight solution for music lovers.  My iPad Pro 12.9 serves well as a high resolution second monitor for my lightweight 2-in-1 15.6 inch 4K laptop.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline torben

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 07:13:18 AM »
Hi

To avoid unplugging the usb (usb1) underneath the Genos would it be possible to copy the playlist folder from another usb (usb2) to usb1?

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

DavidB

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 08:19:32 AM »
No, it will not copy all the needed files. You must load them directly the USB stick in USB1.

Jodecra

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 07:17:54 PM »
Hi Paul,

is it possible to copy the "Bonus Playlist for Genos" from Yamaha to the user memory instead of copying tot the USB stick? And is it possible to copy the playlist in one long list, in alphabetic order?

Thanks 

Johan

Offline zionip

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 09:13:58 PM »
Hi Paul,

is it possible to copy the "Bonus Playlist for Genos" from Yamaha to the user memory instead of copying tot the USB stick? And is it possible to copy the playlist in one long list, in alphabetic order?

Thanks 

Johan

Hi Johan,

Once finished installing the Yamaha provided bonus playlist for Genos, you can copy the resulting new playlist from your USB stock to Genos internal SSD 'User'.  I tested it from User and it worked fine, recalling proper registrations, styles, and MIDI files.

You can download a sorted playlist based on Genos Preset 'Example' and the Yamaha provided Bonus Genos playlist, unzip it and save the .tsv file on your USB stick, then load the .tsv file on your Genos and save it on 'User':
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1csPuJkQlt44e14oxSEkARiOXQzBai7hS/view?usp=sharing

There is no built-in sort or search functions with Playlist screen yet.  However, we can easily sort the Playlist file on our computer.

You can save your playlist file on Genos to the root directory of a USB stick inserted on the Genos.  Then you can insert that USB stick to a computer and copy that playlist file with the file extension of .tsv to your computer.  The playlist file is just a single line text file.

You can sort the playlist on your computer using Microsoft Word, which handle line breaks automatically.  If you open the playlist file using Notepad, you will just see one super long line, very confusing, so do not use Notepad.

You can open that .tsv file using winword.exe, change the Layout to Landscape, Margins to 0.5 inch all around, Page Size Legal.

1.  When prompted for "File Conversion", choose "Windows (default)", click "OK".
2.  Control-A to select all lines, then Home - select font size 6 (type in 6 for font size), so all lines are self-contained without being splitting any line into two separate lines.
3.  Click on the left of the 3rd line, where the first song line appears, and highlight the whole line.
     The first two line should look like this, and do not select them:
      TITLE   FILEPATH   REGIST   OPENVIEWER
      [About This Playlist]   D:/REGIST/About This Playlist.rgt   0   TEXT
4.  Scroll to the bottom of the file.  While holding the Shift key, click to the left of the last line - so from 3rd line to last line is selected.
5.  In the top middle of Home, there is an icon with A-Z down arrow, click it for "Sort Text", choose "Field 1" for "Sort by", "Text" for "Type", in "Ascending" order.  Now you have sorted the playlist.
6.  Click "File", "Save as" Plain Text file.  You can retain the same file name, but winword will append .txt after the filename.
7.  When prompted for "File Conversion", choose "Windows (Default)", click "OK".
8.  Copy the new playlist text file from your computer to the USB stick, then rename your new playlist text file on your USB stick by deleting the ".txt" from the filename.  For example, using "cmd.exe", you can change directory to the USB stick, in my case , it was W: drive:
     W:\>rename User_Examples_sorted1.tsv.txt User_Example_sorted1.tsv

You can then load this new sorted playlist file on Genos.  At least this sorted playlist will help you locate the song much easier than when it was unsorted.

Thanks,
Paul

nugroho2

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2021, 06:57:01 PM »
I believe it will be easier if you use Excel instead of Words to sort files.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »
I believe it will be easier if you use Excel instead of Words to sort files.

It's even easier if you use Google sheets, as it handles TSV files better than Excel.

Also, this advice would apply only to the PSR series, as the Genos has an icon to sort a Playlist.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:01:25 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons