Author Topic: PSR Tutorial Member Map  (Read 12107 times)

Offline DrakeM

Re: PSR Tutorial Member Map
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:39 AM »
The PSRTutorial MAP has shut down. The web site went to a PAY only as of the first of April and the account is now Frozen.

OH well it was a good idea.

Offline Joe W

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2018, 04:59:30 AM »
I had not checked the map in several weeks and so was surprised when I saw that ZeeMaps had changed its policy as of April 1.  Free maps are still fine, as long as no one wants to look at them.  Free map views are now limited to 100.

Needless to say, the PSR Tutorial Member Map is not there to generate any revenue for PSR Tutorial or to drive membership to the site.  It was launched as a benefit to members to help them see whether there were other Yamaha owners in their vicinity.  And that, of course, would only work if members went ahead and put their pins in the map.  Many of you did.  Last time I looked, there were 160 pins.  74 were in Europe, 63 in the US/Canada, and 23 in the Rest of World.

It is possible to reopen this map as a paid account, which looks like it would cost about $200 a year.   So, the question is, Is the PSR Tutorial Members Map worth it?  Should I continue it or let it die?
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

Offline jerryghr

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2018, 05:32:02 AM »
It was a great idea, however not useful if members don't use it.

I believe people are getting more protective of their personal information that they put out there on the internet.  Although I participated in this map, whenever a website asks to use my location I always answer no.

My vote is let it die.  Not worth the money.

Regards,

Jerryghr

Offline RoyceM

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2018, 07:06:00 AM »
I agree with Jerry, Joe. It's been nice to have while free. Perhaps there is some alternative way of showing/listing the membership's global distribution.

- Royce
DGX-305, Roland E60, S900, S910, S975, Center Point Stereo Spacestation V.3, Bose L1 Compact
PSR Performer page

Offline Afton72

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2018, 10:01:37 AM »
   What a shame, but perfectly understandable to let it go, but with the hope that maybe   "One-day".

;D  I was going to look at where somebody lived this morning, too late,  sighhh.

What's best for the Forum, Joe, do what you think's best.
           I don't put too much info on internet if I can help.

Cheers,            Alan

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2018, 10:22:55 AM »
I agree to just let it go. Not enough folks placed a pin in the map to spend $200 a year on it.

Offline jtrue

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 07:54:56 PM »
Ditto.  I'm just sorry you spent time on it for our benefit only to find out that the vendor changed the rules in the middle of the game. Of course, members can still post location information in their profiles if they wish.

j.
It don't mean a thing...

Offline Del B

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 08:12:25 PM »
I agree to just let it go

Offline Joe W

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2018, 02:37:22 AM »
I have decided to simply let the member map go as suggested here.  Advertising your location on the internet causes enough people concern that a publicly accessible member map is not a safe solution.
-- Joe Waters
Tyros5
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: jtrue, hans1966

Offline Toril S

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2018, 05:58:25 AM »
I agree with the decision.
Toril S

PSR S970, PSR 2100 and PSR-47.

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline hans1966

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »
It is sad to hear that the member map has been closed, it was very exciting to show my family and friends my location on the map, and the links to the YouTube and soundcloud pages so that they would listen to some of my music. but I understand that this measure has been taken for our own safety. Thanks Joe, for your dedication to this site and provide so much support to the members and performers of this wonderful forum. greetings Hans