Author Topic: Hi from England!  (Read 607 times)

Offline Andyfr

Hi from England!
« on: April 04, 2024, 06:56:29 AM »
I just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to finding out more about the PSR SX700 as I want to know a bit more about it before buying one.

Andyfr
Andyfr

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Hi from England!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2024, 07:19:12 AM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member. I’m sure you'll find enough information on our forum to make an informed decision about the PSR-SX700 keyboard, prior to making a purchase.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there. The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

https://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so. You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend, Peter (XeeniX) and maintained by another good friend, Runner4Fun, which presently contains 111,967 song titles in 2,954 indexed books. This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the website’s resources, which can be found at the following link:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family. If you have any questions, then please just ask. Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Divemaster

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2024, 08:03:57 AM »
I just wanted to say hi and that I'm looking forward to finding out more about the PSR SX700 as I want to know a bit more about it before buying one.

Andyfr

Hi Andy

Welcome to the forums.

I own 2 x SX700's. But I'm not going to fill your head with technical specs or marketing stuff, you can read that on the Internet.
Before buying, consider what you are expecting from a keyboard, how are you going to use it, and how much you want to spend.
I'm a home player, and I find the SX700 absolutely adequate. It's got a massive range of sounds, and very portable, as the excellent speakers are built in, and that's a plus. Recording on it is very simple too.
The two menus provide for more customisation than you would believe. It's quite awesome. The Touch Screen makes finding everything, and monitoring everything very helpful.
The model below this, the SX600 does NOT have the touchscreen, and personally having used the touch screen for almost 2 years now, I can say it is a BIG plus.

It's 61 Key, which is perfectly adequate for most players.
Sure, there are more expensive keyboards, but when I did my pre purchase homework, I honestly couldn't see any advantages in buying the SX900 or the Genos 1 keyboards.
OK... They are also great keyboards, but ask yourself an honest question... How good a player are you?
It's always easy to spend more money.

I am extremely happy with my SX-700 and I think you'd find it a very satisfying keyboard.

I'm a PSR Performer here, and if you have a listen to some of the recordings I've made, (go to the bottom of my page, you'll get an idea of the scope of this keyboard. All these songs have been recorded as MP3 format on my SX700. Here's my page.

https://psrtutorial.com/perf/keithSimpson.html

Hope this helps.

**I too hope you will become a full member of this amazing resource. There are major advantages to doing so, and you'll find a lot more information that you'll then get access to. It is very well worth joining for. We're a friendly group, and you'll always get help should you need it. 😊
Keith.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2024, 08:16:13 AM by Divemaster »
Yamaha PSR-SX700
Korg Pa5x
Technics SX-PR900 Digital Ensemble Piano
Lenovo M10 Android tablet with Lekato page turner

Offline Andyfr

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2024, 09:49:49 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I had a PSR70 back in the 80s and got plenty of use out of it. Then other things took over so I it was a long time before wanting to get another keyboard. I'm not a great musician by any means but I do understand chords and melody due to being in several bands back in the 70s as a rhythm guitarist and singer. I bought a Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S61 and a Maschine Mikro MK3 plus lots of VSTs and have got the Studio One DAW on my PC although I am finding it all a bit daunting, also having no speakers in the keyboard means I have to be connected to the PC every time.

I'm wondering what the capabilities of the PSR SX700 regarding connecting to my PC and the DAW. I have a Focusrite audio interface so I assume that I can use that.

I'm planning on selling the S61 and also the Mikro MK3 and getting the SX700 if I think it's right for me.
Andyfr