Author Topic: Previously purchased premium packs  (Read 22607 times)

Offline usaraiya

Previously purchased premium packs
« on: November 02, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »
Has anyone installed that previously purchased premium packs on the Genos, for free?
According to the music soft website, the new Genos compatible premium packs are not free, apparently even from those were purchased in the past.  What a I doing wrong?

:)

Uday

DavidB

Re: Previously purchased premium packs
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 04:07:20 PM »
Probably not waiting long enough. They're all going to be converted to Genos but per the schedule downloadable from Yamaha.

The following users thanked this post: Fikret_OEZ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 05:30:13 PM »
Has anyone installed that previously purchased premium packs on the Genos, for free?
According to the music soft website, the new Genos compatible premium packs are not free, apparently even from those were purchased in the past.  What a I doing wrong?

Uday

On the Genos Download section website there is a document which tell you the date when the premium pack will be available in your music soft account converted to Genos. You'll have to wait :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 05:31:20 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 05:52:07 AM »
I installed Country and Celtic pack for free since I bought them for T5.

You have to buy them normally first, and quickly the website indicates a discount of the full price and you have no payment transaction to do.

Marcus

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »
The packs are not free for every owner of a Genos. Only Genos owners that purchased Premium packs in the past get the free upgraded Genos versions.

The on-board Tyros 5 Audio Style packs are free, and will load to your Genos via the YEM.

Regards, Marcus

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:17:51 PM »
Can a T5 Premium pack be loaded in a Genos without actually being converted to a Genos pack?
I mean, it may not work as well but will it harm the Genos?

Uday

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 05:25:08 PM »
Won't harm it but if it loads in it may not work properly. Why not waite for the Genos update.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
According to Yamaha soft, go to your orders page, search 'premium pack',  then a list of those that you bought will show up..  Hit download on one of them, None of my 7 premium packs products are not 'Genos ready yet'..  but will be.  Don't download it, until there is a "Genos" button..

I don't know if they will work, but I don't think it is worth it, until they are converted to Genos.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 03:23:51 PM »
According to Yamaha soft, go to your orders page, search 'premium pack',  then a list of those that you bought will show up..  Hit download on one of them, None of my 7 premium packs products are not 'Genos ready yet'..  but will be.  Don't download it, until there is a "Genos" button..

I don't know if they will work, but I don't think it is worth it, until they are converted to Genos.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 04:50:12 PM »

That's not universally true. I have 6 premium expansion packs for the T5 and 5 of them work great on the Genos. That's not to say that they won't be better after they are converted but you don't have to wait until that happens. The T5 packs that I've confirmed as working on the Genos are: Latin, Vintage keyboards, Alto and Tenor sax and Pan flute. The Country Musician pack had already been converted so i didn't try the T5 version.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:54:05 PM by StuartR »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2017, 10:05:34 AM »
That's not universally true. I have 6 premium expansion packs for the T5 and 5 of them work great on the Genos. That's not to say that they won't be better after they are converted but you don't have to wait until that happens. The T5 packs that I've confirmed as working on the Genos are: Latin, Vintage keyboards, Alto and Tenor sax and Pan flute. The Country Musician pack had already been converted so i didn't try the T5 version.

Not all premium packs works, especially if was not converted for Genos. I have 2 premium packs for T5, "South East Europe" and "Balkanik and Turkey", and a couple of premium packs and Voice & Styles expansion packs from PSR-S970, like "Europe Dance", "Latin Cumbia", and others (all S970 was free downloaded from Yamaha PSR-S970 download page). If I load this packs in Genos ppi file, at the end of installation it will give me error. The errors are in attach.

PS: What happens with free downloaded packs, because are not in my account?!  :o

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline voodoo

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 10:58:09 AM »
If I load this packs in Genos ppi file, at the end of installation it will give me error. The errors are in attach.

Very interesting. I would have expected them to work. Will try it, once I will get my Genos.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline markstyles

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 12:52:57 AM »
I would check with Yamahasoft, that  you are not deleting your download activations..  For instance styles are free to download again.. But you only get two downloads of midi files..  Don't know what the rule is for Genos. Check with them that you can download and install the T5 premium packs, and later download the Genus conversion..  I've found some companies very creepy about this system.. and if you download your allotment, they want more $$$$..   

The Yamahsoft tech just told me to wait until the Genos version is ready. He did not go into which premium packs which may or may not work.. 

Offline zionip

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 06:23:14 PM »
Not all premium packs works, especially if was not converted for Genos. I have 2 premium packs for T5, "South East Europe" and "Balkanik and Turkey", and a couple of premium packs and Voice & Styles expansion packs from PSR-S970, like "Europe Dance", "Latin Cumbia", and others (all S970 was free downloaded from Yamaha PSR-S970 download page). If I load this packs in Genos ppi file, at the end of installation it will give me error. The errors are in attach.

PS: What happens with free downloaded packs, because are not in my account?!  :o

Hi Vali,

In my experience, all the paid or free expansion packs for PSR-S970 that I downloaded from Yamaha got installed successfully on Genos, including:
Best of Europe, China, Chruch & Christmas, Cumbia Latin, Indian Taals, Indian Worship, Mexican, Russian Classical, Salsa, Vietnam, Japan (for S670).

All the 8 'Bonus' converted Tyros 5 factory audio style packs I downloaded from Yamaha (https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs) also got installed successfully on Genos, including:
Country & Jazz, Dance, Latin, Movie&Show, Pop, R&B, RetroPop, Rock.

I also purchased some 3rd party expansion packs for PSR-S970 and they got installed successfully as well.  The free user created "Jeux d'orgue" and "Ultimate EDM" expansion packs mentioned in this forum also got loaded on Genos successfully.

All of the 8 S970 expansion packs mentioned in the following link got installed successfully on Genos, except the "Sir Jude Nnam" pack, which I had to use StyleExtractor software mentioned in https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg234926.html#msg234926 to extract the style files manually from the PSR-S970_PackInstallData.ppi file:
https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html#product-tabs

I speculate that the error you saw when loading the Genos_PackInstallData.ppi file may be due to some no longer supported 3rd party expansion packs you obtained in the past for older Yamaha arrangers, not from the free expansion packs from Yamaha for S970, or bonus audio style packs for Genos. 

A workaround for you is to exclude / uncheck those 3rd party expansion packs, or the premium packs that you suspect to be causing problems in YEM 2.5.0, then generate your Genos_PackInstallData.ppi file.  The new Genos_PackInstallData.ppi should have no problem to be installed successfully on Genos. 

Frankly, I guess you just provided a Genos_PackInstallData.ppi that had problem installing on Genos, and provided photos to illustrate it.  You probably already know about all the above that I described for other current or future Genos owners who haven't gone through this.  :)

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:52:39 PM by zionip »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 07:07:41 PM »
Hi Vali,

In my experience, all the paid or free expansion packs for PSR-S970 that I downloaded from Yamaha got installed successfully on Genos, including:
Best of Europe, China, Chruch & Christmas, Cumbia Latin, Indian Taals, Indian Worship, Mexican, Russian Classical, Salsa, Vietnam, Japan (for S670).

All the 8 'Bonus' converted Tyros 5 factory audio style packs I downloaded from Yamaha (https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs) also got installed successfully on Genos, including:

I also purchased some 3rd party expansion packs for PSR-S970 and they got installed successfully as well.  The free user created "Jeux d'orgue" and "Ultimate EDM" expansion packs mentioned in this forum also got loaded on Genos successfully.

All of the 8 S970 expansion packs mentioned in the following link got installed successfully on Genos, except the "Sir Jude Nnam" pack, which I had to use StyleExtractor software mentioned in https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg234926.html#msg234926 to extract the style files manually from the PSR-S970_PackInstallData.ppi file:
https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-s970/vse.html#product-tabs

I speculate that the error you saw when loading the Genos_PackInstallData.ppi file may be due to some no longer supported 3rd party expansion packs you obtained in the past for older Yamaha arrangers, not from the free expansion packs from Yamaha for S970, or bonus audio style packs for Genos. 

A workaround for you, that you probably already know, is to exclude / uncheck those 3rd party expansion packs, or the premium packs that you suspect to be causing problems in YEM 2.5.0, then generate your Genos_PackInstallData.ppi file.  The new Genos_PackInstallData.ppi should have no problem to be installed successfully on Genos.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul.
Like I wrote in another thread, the error was from the name of two styles in a T4 pack, who had contains characters that are not anymore in character map of Genos.
First of all I've deleted all packs from YEM and reinstall only that T4 pack which I mostly needed. I send that pack thru wireless (BTW, I solved my problem with wireless, which I've started in another thread) and I've had got the same error. So, I thought taht making packs with two or three sounds and I've had send it to Genos, one by one, will bring me error. After I've had send all my custom voices and no error was raised, I knew styles have something. First I thought is something inside Style structure, but in my mind I knew there was no such thing, so I have had looked better to all styles names. Two of them had had this character " í ", and this character is not in Genos character map.
So, now I have all my pack (not those who need conversion "South East" and "Balkan") installed in Genos.

Regards

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 09:18:09 PM »
Hi Vali,

A workaround for you is to exclude / uncheck those 3rd party expansion packs, or the premium packs that you suspect to be causing problems in YEM 2.5.0, then generate your Genos_PackInstallData.ppi file.  The new Genos_PackInstallData.ppi should have no problem to be installed successfully on Genos. 

Frankly, I guess you just provided a Genos_PackInstallData.ppi that had problem installing on Genos, and provided photos to illustrate it.  You probably already know about all the above that I described for other current or future Genos owners who haven't gone through this.  :)

Thanks,
Paul

I tried installing the free PSR 970 packs and they failed.

Offline zionip

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 10:32:21 PM »
I tried installing the free PSR 970 packs and they failed.

Hi StuartR,

Did YEM 2.5.0 refuse to generate the "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" file?

If this is the case, then you need to have a "PSR-S970_InstrumentInfo.n27" file added to YEM 2.5.0 so it allows the generation of the pack installation file from S970 to Genos.  I attached a zip file containing this .n27 file, just unzip the file and get it.

Your simple statement did not mention how the S970 packs failed at what stage of expansion pack installation on Genos.  So, this is the best I can do to help for now.

Thanks,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 11:01:56 PM by zionip »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 04:48:56 AM »
Hi StuartR,

Did YEM 2.5.0 refuse to generate the "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" file?

If this is the case, then you need to have a "PSR-S970_InstrumentInfo.n27" file added to YEM 2.5.0 so it allows the generation of the pack installation file from S970 to Genos.  I attached a zip file containing this .n27 file, just unzip the file and get it.

Your simple statement did not mention how the S970 packs failed at what stage of expansion pack installation on Genos.  So, this is the best I can do to help for now.

Thanks,
Paul

It generates the pack installation data file just fine  when I try to import it into the Genos I get an error. Can't remember the exact message butt it was something about not being able to access the data or information.

Offline zionip

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2017, 05:11:16 AM »
It generates the pack installation data file just fine  when I try to import it into the Genos I get an error. Can't remember the exact message butt it was something about not being able to access the data or information.

Hi StuartR,

Thanks for your information.

I had no problem in installation the S970 expansion packs on Genos.  You can see the packs with S970 in the Expansion sub folder names after installation on Genos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YzuApGJ5YUdm340K3

Next time you try it, please take a picture and write down the error message so we can figure it out.

Thanks,
Paul

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
Hi Stuart,
  Did you update your Genos first to Version 1.10 before Updating YEM.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2017, 04:30:42 PM »
Hi Stuart,
  Did you update your Genos first to Version 1.10 before Updating YEM.

Yes I updated to 1.10 as soon as I took the Genos out of the box. I'll try adding the 970 packs one at a time to see which one is causing the error. I originally added them all along with the existing T5 packs I had purchased.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2017, 05:19:10 PM »
Hi StuartR,

Thanks for your information.

I had no problem in installation the S970 expansion packs on Genos.  You can see the packs with S970 in the Expansion sub folder names after installation on Genos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YzuApGJ5YUdm340K3

Next time you try it, please take a picture and write down the error message so we can figure it out.

Thanks,
Paul

I tried loading the 4 free 970 packs again, just by themselves and the install failed with a "Can't access data" error. I then insolated the problem to the Salsa pack. It's the only one labeled S770S970. The others are labeled S970. Is there a different Salsa pack for the 970 only?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:10:30 PM by StuartR »

The following users thanked this post: Fikret_OEZ

Offline zionip

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
I tried loading the 4 free 970 packs again, just by themselves and the install failed with a "Can't access data" error. I noticed that the pack file that was created in YEM was a .PPI file rather than a .CPI file.

Hi StuartR,

The YEM produced file should definitely be "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" as these free S970 packs all came in the form of ppi, not cpi. 

I have installed different combos of paid and free PSR-S970 packs from Yamaha, and some purchased 3rd party S970 expansion packs multiple times on Genos, never failed once, YEM 2.5.0 always produced "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi", not "Genos_PackInstallData.cpi" file.

My procedure might have been a little different from yours.  I imported my S970 instrument information N27 file to YEM 2.5.0 first, then imported the free and paid S970 expansion packs I downloaded from Yamaha, also some paid 3rd S970 expansion packs.  Then I used YEM 2.5.0 to generate the "PSR-S970_PackInstallData.ppi" file to install these expansion packs on the S970 successfully.

Then I imported the Genos instrument information N27 file to YEM 2.5.0, and I immediately found that all the S970 expansion packs can be chosen for Genos.  Then I used the YEM 2.5.0 to generate "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" and got it installed on Genos successfully every time.  The "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" file contains all my free, paid, and user S970 expansion packs, and the 8 bonus audio style packs of Tyros 5 from Yamaha.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline StuartR

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
Hi StuartR,

The YEM produced file should definitely be "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" as these free S970 packs all came in the form of ppi, not cpi. 

I have installed different combos of paid and free PSR-S970 packs from Yamaha, and some purchased 3rd party S970 expansion packs multiple times on Genos, never failed once, YEM 2.5.0 always produced "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi", not "Genos_PackInstallData.cpi" file.

My procedure might have been a little different from yours.  I imported my S970 instrument information N27 file to YEM 2.5.0 first, then imported the free and paid S970 expansion packs I downloaded from Yamaha, also some paid 3rd S970 expansion packs.  Then I used YEM 2.5.0 to generate the "PSR-S970_PackInstallData.ppi" file to install these expansion packs on the S970 successfully.

Then I imported the Genos instrument information N27 file to YEM 2.5.0, and I immediately found that all the S970 expansion packs can be chosen for Genos.  Then I used the YEM 2.5.0 to generate "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" and got it installed on Genos successfully every time.  The "Genos_PackInstallData.ppi" file contains all my free, paid, and user S970 expansion packs, and the 8 bonus audio style packs of Tyros 5 from Yamaha.

Thanks,
Paul

The Salsa pack is not working/defective. The other three 970 packs load fine with my T5 and Genos packs. I noticed that it's labeled S770S970 while all the other packs are only labeled S970. Is this the correct pack? In any case, when I try and load the Genos pack install I get a "Can't access data" error. This happens loading just the Salsa pack or loading it with all the other packs proven to work fine in the Genos.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:31:39 PM by StuartR »

Offline zionip

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2017, 12:27:34 AM »
The Salsa pack is not working/defective. The other three 970 packs load fine with my T5 and Genos packs. I noticed that it's labeled S770S970 while all the other packs are only labeled S970. Is this the correct pack? In any case, when I try and load the Genos pack install I get a "Can't access data" error. This happens loading just the Salsa pack or loading it with all the other packs proven to work fine in the Genos.

Hi StuartR,

Yes, the Salsa expansion pack ended up in the "Salsa_S770S970" sub foler under the Expansion flash storage area of Genos and S970 - following photo shows the 1st page of Genos Expansion with Salsa_S770S970 on the right:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mqusn7PMCFk16jK53

Have you tried downloading and installing it again?  Could the Salsa pack you downloaded be corrupt?  I used the following download link:
http://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1026832

The salsa.zip file is 21,441,367  bytes in size, and when extracted, it generates a sub folder called "Salsa", which containes a ReadMe.txt file with size of 2,343 bytes, and Salsa_Pack.ppf file with size 27,718,608 bytes.

Salsa expansion pack for S970 work fine on Genos and S970 with no errors in installation for me.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline StuartR

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 03:09:16 PM »
Hi StuartR,

Yes, the Salsa expansion pack ended up in the "Salsa_S770S970" sub foler under the Expansion flash storage area of Genos and S970 - following photo shows the 1st page of Genos Expansion with Salsa_S770S970 on the right:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Mqusn7PMCFk16jK53

Have you tried downloading and installing it again?  Could the Salsa pack you downloaded be corrupt?  I used the following download link:
http://download.yamaha.com/files/tcm:39-1026832

The salsa.zip file is 21,441,367  bytes in size, and when extracted, it generates a sub folder called "Salsa", which containes a ReadMe.txt file with size of 2,343 bytes, and Salsa_Pack.ppf file with size 27,718,608 bytes.

Salsa expansion pack for S970 work fine on Genos and S970 with no errors in installation for me.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

First let me say thanks to you for going the extra mile in helping me with this issue. I downloaded the Salsa pack again directly to my PC using the download link you provided. After extraction it had the exact file size that yours did. It still fails to install on the Genos using two different USB flash drives, both formatted on the Genos. The error is "Failed to access data".

I then tried to load the pack over the local LAN to the Genos. It too failed with a file task error from YEM of 0x80020018.

The version of YEM I'm using is 2.5.0

Perhaps there is a firmware or software bug that is causing this issue in certain (but not all) circumstances. There is another user here on the forum that got the same pack loading error trying to install another pack.

Stuart.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:38:30 PM by StuartR »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 05:14:02 PM »
That code usually tells you there is something that you are trying to download from the YEM is not correct. They only way to find out is to load one pack at a time and find the one that is not right.

Offline zionip

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2017, 08:43:01 PM »
Hi Paul,

First let me say thanks to you for going the extra mile in helping me with this issue. I downloaded the Salsa pack again directly to my PC using the download link you provided. After extraction it had the exact file size that yours did. It still fails to install on the Genos using two different USB flash drives, both formatted on the Genos. The error is "Failed to access data".

I then tried to load the pack over the local LAN to the Genos. It too failed with a file task error from YEM of 0x80020018.

The version of YEM I'm using is 2.5.0

Perhaps there is a firmware or software bug that is causing this issue in certain (but not all) circumstances. There is another user here on the forum that got the same pack loading error trying to install another pack.

Stuart.

Hi Stuart,

Please check your personal messages under "My Messages" - "Read your messages" menu on this forum.  I PM'ed you something for you to test on your Genos, which I hope resolves your issue.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline StuartR

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 07:20:08 PM »
That code usually tells you there is something that you are trying to download from the YEM is not correct. They only way to find out is to load one pack at a time and find the one that is not right.
I found the problem. The PSR S970 Salsa pack contains a bunch of nice multipads, three of which contain accent characters in their filenames. These cannot evidently be read by Genos (?), and caused the pack error. Once I deselected those three pads the pack loads fine.

Thanks to the comments from another user here about these characters that led me to the solution.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2017, 11:31:36 PM »
I managed to found this problem in one of my old T4 pack. I had 2 styles with an accent character and causes problems for Genos.
Yamaha must think when make upgrades, to keep previews's models essential parts. This is an essential parts, there are a lot of languages in the world that use accents characters and they should think users uses those characters in Custom Elements of a pack (Voice Name, Style Name, Registrations Banks Name, etc)...
So in a next firmware update, maybe they will increase the number of characters in Genos Characters Map.

Regards. 

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline torben

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2017, 09:38:51 AM »
Hi guys

I have another problem. I could not access my old bought packages, so after talking to Yamaha Customer service they sent me an email saying that my packages were now availalble. They had made a "new order". 

Well, I can find the new order under "My Account" at Yamaha MusicSoft - and it says that I do not have to pay anything. Great! But there is no instruction how to download the packs again ...

It is like a Kafka-nightmare ...

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

Offline Oldden

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
Hi,
With all the problems people are having with expansion packs. Is it possible that someone who knows what they are doing could write down step by step instructions as to getting them to work every time. I include myself  in not fully grasping the best way to do things.
Oldden

Online Bill

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:26 AM »

Well, I can find the new order under "My Account" at Yamaha MusicSoft - and it says that I do not have to pay anything. Great! But there is no instruction how to download the packs again ...

Hi Torben

When you log into your MusicSoft account you will see some things on the left hand side, click on MY LIBARY you shoul see all your packs for download.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline torben

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2017, 12:11:34 PM »
Hi Bill

You are a genius!!! Thanks - you saved my day!!!!

Kindest greetings

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - now it is only Genos1 !

djeev1

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 02:30:56 AM »
Hi all

I also have some questions, I'm planning to buy a Genos and as you all know some of the expansion packs are not available for the Genos. As most of people here I'd like to install PSR S970 or PSR S975 packs on the Genos (such as Indian packs, Lantio etc...).

Could you please tell me if these work for you without any extra rework than exporting them from YEM. What about the registration memories (as the Genos have 10 and S series only have 8) ?

Could someone here please share with me his / her .n27 file of a Genos , in this way I can try it on a Genos (in a store nearby). I Already have some S975 and S970 Packs (free an paid).

Many thanks for your help.

Offline pjd

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2018, 03:26:12 AM »
Could you please tell me if these work for you without any extra rework than exporting them from YEM. What about the registration memories (as the Genos have 10 and S series only have 8) ?

Hi --

Had a similar desire, wanting to install the Church Organ pack on Genos. I tried installing one of the free S970 packs (Best of Europe?) as a test and it worked. I then upgraded my S950 Church Organ pack to the S970 version. (Thank you Musicsoft!) The S970 Church Organ pack installs and plays with no problem. And, I didn't have to stand on my head -- same YEM procedures.

The number of registrations is a non-issue since Genos can handle more than the S-series. The unused buttons are simply OFF (empty).

Hope this helps -- pj

djeev1

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2018, 03:39:54 AM »
Hi Pjd

Many thanks for this quick and great reply... So almost every pack such as Indian packs etc might work.

Is it too much if I ask you to share with me your .n27 file from the Genos please ? Then I can make this pack at home and try on a Genos available in a store. Please try to share if possible.

Again many thans

Phil

Offline EileenL

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2018, 04:54:30 AM »
No need for N27 the packs will work. I have some 970 packs loaded in mine.

djeev1

« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2018, 05:05:11 AM »
ok then I trust you guys thanks again.   ;) Now I have to find money to buy a Genos...... 8)

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
You get free upgrade EXCEPT FOR third party packs, such as the Turkish pack
Genos

Offline John T4

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2018, 03:47:14 AM »
I am still waiting for the entertainer pack I brought for my tyros 5

the schedule says april 2018 but I cant see a Genos version on musicsoft...

NOTE this is NOT the entertainer 2016 pack...

anyone in the same situation??

Offline Keyboardister

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2018, 05:03:20 AM »
Dear John,
The reason you don't see it is because on the T5 there were two packs: Entertainer and Entertainer style after a while Yamaha made a merged pack called Entertainer 2016, same goes with the Eurodance pack. You should contact Yamaha because the pack has changed since you bought it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 05:20:38 PM by Keyboardister »
Genos

Offline John T4

« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2018, 05:10:04 AM »
thanks for info.

will do