Author Topic: Linking Genos and Songbook+  (Read 17084 times)

Offline voodoo

Linking Genos and Songbook+
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »
On the german facebook page of Songbook+ (https://www.facebook.com/SongBookPlus/) I found the following comment:

SongBook plus: Man kann einen Song in SongBook+ und eine beliebige Registration in einem beliebigen Ordner miteinander verknüpfen. Danach funktioniert das Umschalten in beiden Richtungen. Wenn man dann die Registration im Keyboard öffnet geht der passende Song in SongBook+ auf und umgekehrt. Das Verknüpfen ist ganz einfach: Gewünschten Song in SongBook+ öffnen und gewünschte Registration im Genos öffnen. Dann in SongBook+ die Funktion "Jetzt verknüpfen" aufrufen, fertig.

Translates to:

SongBook plus: You can link a song to SongBook + and any registration in any folder. Then, the switching in both directions will work. If you then open the registration in the keyboard, the matching song will go to SongBook + and vice versa. Linking is easy: open the desired song in SongBook + and open the desired registration in the Genos. Then call SongBook + to call "Link Now", done.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:44:25 PM by voodoo »
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Al Ram

Re: Linking Genos and Songbook+
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 05:57:19 PM »
Great Post !

This seems to be a much better Genos way of linking registrations to SongBook+.

Has anyone already tried ?     Any reports on this ?

thanks in advance.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Bob88

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 10:45:54 PM »
 This will be  a huge plus  and make the connection between Songbook and Genos much simpler.  Thanks for posting.  Bob

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
This will be  a huge plus  and make the connection between Songbook and Genos much simpler.  Thanks for posting.  Bob

This is great news!
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
The new linking feature will be available in the upcoming version 3.2 of SongBook+. I will stay in contact with the developer and forward any news.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

iain

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
I have linked my Genos with Songbook+ with mixed results first I could get, by pressing registration a song to pop up on my ipad Air then I tried a few more sometimes the first song would pop up again but not for that registration .I have seen it once move to another reg from the ipad but that was it .if you open a song on the ipad it does not always give you the three dots to open" link to keyboard option " this is not hard wired just the direct wifi link to the keyboard as I have enough cables running around the stage I thought this could be the answer .I will keep at it till I win or someone comes up with the definitive answer.
I live in hope

Iain McGuire

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 10:22:57 PM »
I have had no problems linking songs as long as I'm using a hard-wired connection (USB to Host port, USB cable, USB to lightning converter).

Trying to link songs wirelessly (either through wi-fi, or my midi-to-bluetooth converter) does not work.

So stick with a hard wired connection and you should have no problems.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:35 PM »
I have linked my Genos with Songbook+ with mixed results first I could get, by pressing registration a song to pop up on my ipad Air then I tried a few more sometimes the first song would pop up again but not for that registration .I have seen it once move to another reg from the ipad but that was it .if you open a song on the ipad it does not always give you the three dots to open" link to keyboard option " this is not hard wired just the direct wifi link to the keyboard as I have enough cables running around the stage I thought this could be the answer .I will keep at it till I win or someone comes up with the definitive answer.
I live in hope

Iain McGuire

I’ve just started using Songbook plus to work with registrations and I too have had the issue that you wrote about.  It’s only when I use the Genos as the WiFi connection, when I connect to my home network it works as expected. In other words it works fine in infrastructure mode.   I’m awaiting a cable to arrive and most likely I’ll use that as the link.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:35:36 PM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

iain

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 01:21:10 PM »
If I need a cable what would be the best one ?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2017, 01:47:26 PM »
If I need a cable what would be the best one ?

You need a standard printer cable (USB A to USB B), attached to a USB to lightning converter cable (often called a camera connecter).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

iain

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:34 PM »
Thanks Fred

This is a great place for information

iain

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2017, 07:07:49 PM »
Is there any settings required on the ipad or Genos ?

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 02:37:35 AM »
Is there any settings required on the ipad or Genos ?

In the Songbook app: Settings>Midi>Control Mode>Yamaha Genos Registrations (with Link)

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bob88

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2017, 01:35:46 AM »
"Trying to link songs wirelessly (either through wi-fi, or my midi-to-bluetooth converter) does not work."
   Fred:  I was under the impression that version 3.2 of Songbook+  was supposed to enable the connection between it and Genos  wirelessly.  What happened?  Bob

gerarde

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2017, 01:43:57 AM »
Bob,
I had a problem getting wireless to work.
The solution is in another post here on this board.
Here is the solution:
1. Set the Genos up for Access Point Mode.
2. Changed the IP address of Genos to 192.168.1.1 since I have a wireless LAN in the house which is already 192.168.0.1
3. Went to the iPad Wireless IOS settings and selected the GENOS SSID (which for me was set to "ap-Genos-380588") as my iPad wireless network connection.
4. In Songbook MIDI settings I set the IP to 192.168.1.1 to match the Genos
5. Genos had set the MIDI channel to 11 so I made the same setting in Songbook MIDI settings (I think it was Channel 1 before??)
6. I did the "Restart MIDI" from the Songbook Midi button

I have a home wireless network that uses 198.168.0.0 so I had to change the ip address in Genos Access Point mode,
When you click on Access Point Mode, click details and go to page 2, I think, and you can select the ipaddress to change it to what I have posted above.
Songbook + works perfectly for me now with over 350 songs linked to registrations.
Let me know if yo uhave any trouble.

Gerard

Offline Bob88

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2017, 06:59:23 PM »
   Thank you Gerard.  I'm looking forward  to trying your suggestions.  Bob

Brython

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
Bob,
I had a problem getting wireless to work.
The solution is in another post here on this board.
Here is the solution:
1. Set the Genos up for Access Point Mode.
2. Changed the IP address of Genos to 192.168.1.1 since I have a wireless LAN in the house which is already 192.168.0.1
3. Went to the iPad Wireless IOS settings and selected the GENOS SSID (which for me was set to "ap-Genos-380588") as my iPad wireless network connection.
4. In Songbook MIDI settings I set the IP to 192.168.1.1 to match the Genos
5. Genos had set the MIDI channel to 11 so I made the same setting in Songbook MIDI settings (I think it was Channel 1 before??)
6. I did the "Restart MIDI" from the Songbook Midi button

I have a home wireless network that uses 198.168.0.0 so I had to change the ip address in Genos Access Point mode,
When you click on Access Point Mode, click details and go to page 2, I think, and you can select the ipaddress to change it to what I have posted above.
Songbook + works perfectly for me now with over 350 songs linked to registrations.
Let me know if yo uhave any trouble.

Gerard

Thanks Gerard, that worked a treat for me and save me money on the lead that did not work. I also watched your YouTube videos, I was very impressed.