Author Topic: Member Group Update  (Read 20828 times)

Offline Joe W

Member Group Update
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:07:11 AM »
Forum MEMBERS may belong to one or more "groups" some of which are based on the number of posts you make. The groups you are a member of are shown below your name on your posts.

"Guests" are visitors who are not a member of the PSR Tutorial. If you are a member, but you have not logged in, you will only have "Guest" priviletes.   Guests can only access five of the nine available board Categories. They can read all the messages in any topic, but they can not post a reply to any message or download (or even see) any attachments to the message. Guests can not start a new topic.

Registered members can view and reply to any message, start new topics, view and modify their profile, view the calendar, and view and vote in polls.

Some ranking groups are defined based on the number of posts a member makes:

• "Reader" is a member who has never posted.
  • "Novice Poster" requires a minimum of 1 post (shown with 1 square). Novice members will be able to see the member list and view member profiles and add events to the Calendar.
  • "Junior Member" requires  minimum of 5 posts (shown with 2 squares). Junior members will be able to post polls and create their own custom title.
  • "Asst. Member" requires a minimum of 15 posts (shown with 3 squares). 
  • "Assoc. Member" requires a minimum of 50 posts (shown with 4 squares).
  • "Senior Member" requires a minimum of 150 posts (shown with 5 squares).

As of September 19, 2022, there were 1,889 Readers, 671 "Novice" posters, 386 Junior members, 349 Assistant Members, 256 Associate Members, and 286 Senior Members.

Some groups are defined by the administrator and members are added individually.  These include "Charter Member,"  "Supporting Member," "PSR Performer", and  "PSR Professor".

Charter and Supporting Members   Charter Members (4 stars) (those who  provided support to the PSR Tutorial in its very first year) and Supporters (5 stars) (those who have ordered one or more of the available collections or made a donation at some time) have the same permissions as Senior Members.  These groups all have access to the special "Charter Members" category of boards.  As of September 19, 2022, there are 25 Charter Members and 559 Supporting Members.

You can become a "Supporting Member" by ordering one of the available PSR Tutorial Resource Collections, the primary means of "support" for the PSR Tutorial.  If you have done so, but your forum Username is not marked as a Supporting Member, just drop me a note and let me know.  I know the names of all supporting members, but I don't necessarily know what Username you have selected for the forum.

"PSR Performer" (5 stars) means the individual has their own page PSR Performer page on the main site.  PSR Performers provide midi files and mp3 files for the enjoyment of others and, as such, they also "support" this site so they, too, have all the permissions that Charter, and Supporting Members have.  There are 39 active PSR Performers and 94 archived PSR Performers.

"PSR Professor" (6 stars) is restricted to those members who are particularly knowledgeable in their area and have several thousand posts. There are 3 PSR Professors.

"Global Moderator" (5 stars) is for those members who help to moderate all the boards in this forum and review member applications. They review the posted messages to make sure members adhere to the rules and guidelines for participating in this forum.  There are 9 Global Moderators.

Edit: Updated by Roger Brenizer September 19, 2022
Edit: Updated by Roger Brenizer January 19, 2023
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 06:44:48 AM by Roger Brenizer »
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

Offline Dick Rector

Re: Member Group Update
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »
Thanks for this extensive info Joe and for all the work and time you have put into this fantastic forum.

Best regards
Dick Rector
Bali
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

The following users thanked this post: eddie63, Alun, JDale

Offline alans

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:12:26 AM »
Thanks Joe for all this info

Great forum,very pleased I joined

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000, Tyros5 and Genos

Offline hans1966

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 05:53:25 AM »
Thank you very much Joe, for your description regarding the category of the forum members. greeting. Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

gmizrahi

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 03:49:42 AM »
Thanks Joe, this is great resource and I’m so glad I found you guys. Just got myself a Yamaha Genos and m looking forward to learn and hopefully be as a resource to other people one day.
Gabi

Offline Alistair53

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
Thank you Joe for the info, now it all makes sense.
PSR-SX900

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2022, 12:01:04 PM »
Thanks Joe!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2022, 01:03:49 PM »
Because of the recent interest in this topic, I've updated the content today.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Online Ryszard Bieszczad

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2022, 08:10:02 PM »
Thanks a lot, Joe ;D
Regards
Ryszard
A day without making music is a lost day :)
https://psrtutorial.com/perf/ryszard.html

Offline Joe W

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2022, 08:37:21 PM »
Although I drafted the original topic long ago, Roger deserves all the credit for this recent update.  It's very nice to have it explained so clearly and to see the number of people in various groups.
-- Joe Waters
PSR-SX900
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: hans1966, Roger Brenizer, Ryszard Bieszczad

Offline niayinii

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2022, 11:10:53 PM »
Appreciate

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2023, 06:43:53 AM »
I've updated the content in the original topic again today. :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: YammyFan, overover, john-s, alans, Roshure, WaltMon