Author Topic: Audio Loops  (Read 277 times)

Online usaraiya

Audio Loops
« on: October 13, 2017, 05:34:05 AM »
This may sound dumb, but are audio loops available to purchase? where does one get them? Is there a collection available? So that they may be imported into the Genos Multipads?
 :)
Uday

Offline Marcus

Re: Audio Loops
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:40:56 AM »
Audio Multipads are just links to your own audio files, activated by the Multipad buttons. However, only one can sound at a time. We were hoping Yamaha would expand upon this, but maybe next round (Genos 2).

The Yamaha Genos Audio Link MultiPad feature used to trigger audio files from the MultiPads. Download the audio files used in this performance for free! Visit www.yamaha.com/genos to learn more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6ZgMKBzMEs

Marcus

Well! We are still waiting "to learn more" from the Genos website.  ???
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:42:27 AM by Marcus »
Gear: Triangle

Offline voodoo

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:46:11 AM »
Very interesting. So the files are not yet on the website?

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:52:03 AM »
Yes you can get millions of audio loops from a lot of places.
There all mainly audio  or called WAVE files
You can even make your own for pads or take recordings from various scources with a good recorder
You could probably use a free editor like Audacity to clean and tighten the wave sample up.
Also Mike bedeseems has a program called pad maker which he will  or might update for the Genos,or It may be ok as It Is .

Just a little 1p worth from me ;D

The following users thanked this post: dtah80

Offline Marcus

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:28:19 AM »
I experimented a lot on my Tyros 5 with Audio Multipads and created a large library in my performance song repertoire, sync-starting a prepared Audio Multipad to a MIDI Song or sync-starting a MIDI Song file, Tyros 5 Custom Style and the matching Audio Multipad. A lot of preparation is required, but once organized on my Tyros 5 with Registration links, it is a simple matter of pressing a registration and my song is ready to go in a live performance.

Luckily, all my previous Tyros 5 work and registrations is directly compatible on the Genos. Just have to copy over the associating folders to the Genos HD (which it doesn't), but maybe into that USB Pen drive spot under the Genos acting as the HD. Even though the Genos Audio Multipads and audio links work the same as the Tyros 5, to me it is the Sync/start function that is the most important. At least you can have a synchronized clocked start to an Audio Multipad and not have to rely on timed presses of the Multipad buttons triggering short phases as in Martin Harris's demo.

To keep an Audio Multipad in tempo for the whole duration of a song, I had to prepare the audio clip in software ahead of time (Sony Sound Forge/Pinnacle audio editing), with pitch and time-stretch corrections and adjustments to a set tempo and trimmed to start at the sync point. In my mp3 demo, I purposely took the original harmony sections of the Bee Gees song, HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart (see link below) with the actual Bee Gees vocals, lower them one key and sync-started this Audio Multipad to a Custom MIDI file and style on my Tyros 5. It is not a comfortable key for my voice, but rather to show that one can adjust an audio clip perhaps +/- 3 semi-tones in pitch and still keep a reasonable audio quality. Also I wanted the original Bee Gees vocals to be slightly altered by lowering the song one full key. Of course keeping the original key or pitch would maintain the higher quality audio.

HowCanYouMendABrokenHeart_KeyDx2(played live Tyros 5)
https://app.box.com/s/fvw5sb5tbegngdbsw4ccpjxwpm4y756g

So I was hoping that Yamaha made some improvements to the Audio Multipads, but as I said, at least my previous content will work (or upgraded further with Genos sounds/DSPs) and the sync/start function is still there. Still no repeat function on the Audio Multipads or no more than one Audio Pad playing at time. So on a Genos, my workflow will remain the same in regards to Audio Multipad creation and performing.

Marcus
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 07:03:43 AM by Marcus »

The following users thanked this post: Mike W

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:11:38 AM »
Marcus,

wow, this is impressive. Thank you for this explanations.

Uli
Yamaha PSR-S970 (sold)
Yamaha Genos (ordered)
Nord Electro 5D

Offline DerekA

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:06:03 AM »
An easy way to get started is just to hook up a phone/tablet headphone socket to the keyboard aux in, go to YouTube or any internet site with audio clips, and use the keyboard USB Audio recorded to record however much you want as a WAV file. Then just assign that to an audio multipad.

This is cheap-and-cheerful, and won't allow any fancy editing, but it works and you don't have to worry about matching file formats.
S770

Offline Marcus

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 08:18:45 AM »
Marcus,

wow, this is impressive. Thank you for this explanations.

Uli
Very kind remarks, but my linked demo could fit equally in the "Torture" thread  :P. The Tyros series has allowed me to create nice quality performances when gigging and a few tutorial demos, but perhaps with the Genos, I can now get more serious and actually record better live performances and songs, hopefully before my aging voice doesn't totally give out. Some of Sinatra's concerts were better in his late 60s, as opposed to aging Rocker's that fry their brains/ears and burn out their voices.

Marcus