Author Topic: Genos dimensions.  (Read 305 times)

Offline organaut

Genos dimensions.
« on: October 13, 2017, 03:40:07 AM »
Going by the specs for the Genos it would seem that the depth of the console (front to back) is about the same as Tyros 5 yet to me from the photos in the brochure and youtube videos , the Genos panel behind the keys to the back of the keyboard looks a bit slimmer (more narrow like the Korg PA4X)to me than Tyros. Is this an optical illusion because of the different layout of the buttons,screen etc.? In other words, the whole unit looks easier to fit under ones arm to carry :)  Or do I need to get the specs I wear changed at boots ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:47:26 AM by organaut »

Offline maartenb

Re: Genos dimensions.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 03:42:43 AM »
Behind the Genos is an edge, a ridge, just below the connectors. This edge gives it about the same depth as the Tyros. Since you don't see the edge when you are playing the keyboard, looking from above the keyboard is less deep.

You are right and so are the specs.  ;)

Maarten

The following users thanked this post: organaut

Offline organaut

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 03:49:11 AM »
Thanks MaartenB. This explains it. :)  They’ve designed it like a Tardis! and also from the audience point of view looking at the back flat on, they will not see the actual true depth except for a nice contoured appearance. Clever!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 03:56:12 AM by organaut »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 08:34:41 AM »
Behind the Genos is an edge, a ridge, just below the connectors. This edge gives it about the same depth as the Tyros. Since you don't see the edge when you are playing the keyboard, looking from above the keyboard is less deep.

You are right and so are the specs.  ;)

Maarten

I think the only moment the depth really is of any concern is when you need to move it...
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.