Author Topic: Can any one help me with StyleMagic YA  (Read 20389 times)

Musaed

Can any one help me with StyleMagic YA
« on: October 12, 2017, 12:48:02 AM »
Hi there :D

is there any one know the StyleMagic YA?

I have a problem with it. And many time i connect the support he give me an answer,

But I didn't understand  :-\. I email him again but he never answer  :(

My problem is when i change the style part e.g section B from another style it become a mess

Please guys help me and save my time  :'(

Offline Joe H

Re: Can any one help me with StyleMagic YA
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:28:11 AM »
Can you give more detail?  I have worked with StyleMagic a lot.  More information would help.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Musaed

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 02:45:23 AM »
Can you give more detail?  I have worked with StyleMagic a lot.  More information would help.

Joe H

Thanks joe h please see i make an video

https://youtu.be/kG_YKwNXB1s

Offline Joe H

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 03:13:16 AM »
I watched your video.  You say you made the style Section you imported.  It sounds like maybe you used a different drum kit or percussion kit.

1. Did you go into the Mixing Console and try changing the drum Kit?
2. Also, moving the channels around will not change the style Part assignment.  For example, dragging channel 11 Bass to channel 4, it will still be assigned to Bass.
3. After you Import your new Section go to the Mixing Console and look at color buttons at bottom of channels to see if Rhythm1 is assigned to channel 10.  If the Parts are not assigned to the right channels then the percussion / drum will not play correctly.
4. To change channel to correct part click on bottom button with Part Name.  At top is an icon next to Part Assignment field.  Hold mouse over icon it will read Default Setting.  Select correct Part Assignment and click Default Setting.
5. Do this for all Parts in the new Section if you need to.

I hope this will fix your problem.  If style Parts are all on the right channels and the correct Part is assign to the correct channel everything should work correctly.  Also check to see if all Parts have the correct Voice selected that you want to play.

I hope this helps.
Joe H 

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Musaed

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 03:33:03 AM »
I watched your video.  You say you made the style Section you imported.  It sounds like maybe you used a different drum kit or percussion kit.

1. Did you go into the Mixing Console and try changing the drum Kit?
2. Also, moving the channels around will not change the style Part assignment.  For example, dragging channel 11 Bass to channel 4, it will still be assigned to Bass.
3. After you Import your new Section go to the Mixing Console and look at color buttons at bottom of channels to see if Rhythm1 is assigned to channel 10.  If the Parts are not assigned to the right channels then the percussion / drum will not play correctly.
4. To change channel to correct part click on bottom button with Part Name.  At top is an icon next to Part Assignment field.  Hold mouse over icon it will read Default Setting.  Select correct Part Assignment and click Default Setting.
5. Do this for all Parts in the new Section if you need to.

I hope this will fix your problem.  If style Parts are all on the right channels and the correct Part is assign to the correct channel everything should work correctly.  Also check to see if all Parts have the correct Voice selected that you want to play.

I hope this helps.
Joe H

sorry i fix it now it was from my style is corrupted. Another question how can i change time signature in each part? so part A 4/4 And part B 3/4? and adjust tempo to each section ?

Musaed

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 04:04:39 AM »

cant understand this point can you make picture?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 05:51:24 AM »
Musaed,

Here is a picture of the CASM Editor for channel 11 Bass.  The arrow points to the Default Setting Icon circled in red. In CASM Editor you set style Part you want and you see what it is on. (You see at bottom Main A and Channel 11).  At top you see it is Bass Part.  Click Icon in circle to set correct settings for Bass Part.  Click Apply to exit. Do the same for each Part.

Joe H

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:57:25 AM by Joe H »

Musaed

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 02:48:21 PM »

thanks Joe H
last question how can i change time signature in each part? so part A 4/4 And part B 3/4? and adjust tempo to each section ?

and what casm stand for?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 03:09:29 PM »
I would try Inserting a Tempo message in the List View.  Look for the style Section Marker in the List View and insert AFTER the Marker. Then go up to the Tool Menu to change Tempo.  If this works you will have to inset a Tempo message for each style Section I think.

Did you figure out how to get the style Parts playing correctly?

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 03:12:04 PM by Joe H »

Musaed

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »

Did you figure out how to get the style Parts playing correctly?

Joe H

Yes But I would appreciate if you make an video explain all step including change time signature and tempo in each section.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 06:04:57 PM »
Musaed

Sorry, I don't make videos. There will a new StyleMagic update soon. I am considering making an English version StyleMagic Users' Guide after it is released.

Maybe this can be done before the end of 2017.

Regards,
Joe H 

Musaed

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 06:27:03 PM »
Musaed

Sorry, I don't make videos. There will a new StyleMagic update soon. I am considering making an English version StyleMagic Users' Guide after it is released.

Maybe this can be done before the end of 2017.

Regards,
Joe H

I just purchase the StyleMagic and i receive the  serial number but i don't know where i put it @@

Offline Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 07:56:14 PM »
Musaed,

When you purchase StyleMagic, you will get a purchase software message.  You MUST disconnect ALL USB storage devices except the USB thumb drive you will use for copy protect dongle.  software reads the USB drive serial number.  Then you will receive FULL version to install.  USB dongle must be connect to run StyleMagic.

USB drive will work like any other USB drive. You can format it and use it to store data files.  I even copied entire installed StyleMagic folder from C Drive to dongle.  StyleMagic is portable, so if you want to run styleMagic on 2nd computer you can run it from the dongle... or install on 2nd machine if you want and just plug in the dongle.

By the way.  When Thomas releases the next upgrade, it is free to you and comes by email.  You just run update and it is done.  New UI will look like Windows 10 flat look, but with more color I think, more detailed Piano Editor and maybe some new features.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:59:31 PM by Joe H »

Musaed

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 09:57:30 PM »
Joe H. But how if the USB damage by the time how can i use the StyleMagic YA ?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 11:12:21 PM »
Musaed,

Thomas offers a second  backup dongle for 1/3 less money.  I have 2 dongles so I have 2 licensed copies of StyleMagic.  I also have 2 copies of MidiWorks.  Copy #1 of StyleMagic and MIDI Works uses dongle #1.

Copy #2 of StyleMagic and MidiWorks uses dongle #2.

When I get updates for StyleMagic it works for both StyleMagic copies.  When I get updates for MidiWorks it works for both MidiWorks copies.  If you use USB drive JUST for dongle and do not write to it... not likely to fail for a very long time.   If you live in Poland, it is easy to get replacement free.  If my #1 dongle goes bad, I could send it to Poland from USA for replacement, or just buy new dongle for 1/3 price.

I think StyleMagic is so good, it is worth it to me.  If Thomas adds some of my suggestions for update... I will be very very happy.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:30:24 AM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

Musaed

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 01:09:43 AM »
That helpful information thanks again. But i'm trying to change time signature with section B but I couldn't :(

Any help ?

Offline Joe H

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 01:31:13 AM »
I will try it and let you know if I can get it to work.

Joe H

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 05:33:01 AM »
Hi Musaed,

I did some experimenting.  You can easily insert Tempo messages in your style file using MixMaster  It is a free program

http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html

Attached is a style from the PSR 3000.  I include the original and my edited version.  I increased the speed of the tempo with each Main Section.  Also Intro 3 Tempo increases as the Intro plays getting faster and faster.

I did this by loading the style into MixMaster and Opened List View
Next I filtered all messages except Markers and Tempo
Then I added Tempo messages from the Insert Menu
Click on Main A and highlight... Select Insert MIDI command / Tempo.. a dialog box will open for you to enter location... I placed the Tempo 1 tick later than the Marker
Then I set the Tempo to 120
Next I did the same process for the other Main Sections
Main B Tempo = 130
Main C = Tempo = 140
Main D Tempo = 150

MixMaster is a VERY powerful program.  It is KING of all Yamaha file editors.  You can do very deep editing

StyleMagic is very good for most style editing, and Export Section and Import Sections, moving channels around, CASM Editor, great Voice and Drum Kit Editors, etc.  MixMaster is for special editing like inserting MIDI messages.  And also excellent for analyzing style files and MIDI song files.

Regards,
Joe H

« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 02:30:23 AM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: Dick Rector

Offline Joe H

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 02:33:40 AM »
thanks Joe H
last question how can i change time signature in each part? so part A 4/4 And part B 3/4? and adjust tempo to each section ?

and what casm stand for?

Sorry I missed these questions.  No one knows what CASM stands for except Yamaha.  I have never tried to change Time Signature.  Maybe that can be done in MixMaster as well.

Regards,
Joe H

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 03:42:30 AM »
Sorry I missed these questions.  No one knows what CASM stands for except Yamaha.  I have never tried to change Time Signature.  Maybe that can be done in MixMaster as well.

Not even Yamaha knows what CASM stands for. I once spent a lot of time on Google trying to find out. The best I could find is it's "lost in the mists of time".

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Musaed

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:44 AM »
Thanks guys. I'm using StyleMagic YA again. This time i have an style with tempo set to 140bpm. And it has no filler part, So i bring filers from another style
and I change tempo in each filler section to 80bpm.  Now each time I play the style on my keyboard and changing style section with Auto fill in is on it works fine. But suddenly it become so fast and return to the normal speed. I'll attach the file so you can see.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 01:49:21 AM »
Musaed,

So I see you inserted Tempo messages for the 4 Fill Ins only.  You MUST insert a Tempo message at the beginning of EVERY style Section.  If you don't  do that, the style will use the last Tempo from the previous Section.

Does that make sense?

Joe H

Musaed

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 01:58:28 AM »
Musaed,

So I see you inserted Tempo messages for the 4 Fill Ins only.  You MUST insert a Tempo message at the beginning of EVERY style Section.  If you don't  do that, the style will use the last Tempo from the previous Section.

Does that make sense?

Joe H
How!  :'(

Offline Joe H

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 03:14:14 AM »
I have already explained this above.  Use MixMaster or StyleMagic to insert a Tempo message at the beginning of every style Section.

Joe H

Musaed

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 03:17:25 AM »
I have already explained this above.  Use MixMaster or StyleMagic to insert a Tempo message at the beginning of every style Section.

Joe H

How do I know the start of section?

Musaed

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 03:25:46 AM »
Yes I got you now so I nead to change time in start saction e.g section A But the section wold become slow. I think the style was in cut time time or something@@

Offline Joe H

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 04:01:36 AM »
I recommend you use MixMaster.  I gave you the link above.  Attached is screen shot of MixMaster. and edited file.

How to do:

1. start MixMaster
2. Load style file
3. Click List icon at top in Menu Bar
4. From Event Type list... go to bottom and select NONE ... UPDATE
5. Check boxes for Tempo and Markers then... UPDATE
6. Now only Markers and Tempo are displayed
7. Select a Marker eg; Main A
8. Go to Menu in List window... Insert Midi Cmd
9. Select Tempo
10. Set Tempo speed and just add 1 or 2 ticks in right column... OK
11 Now you see Tempo message inserted right after Main A Marker

NOte: You can see the main tempo for the style at the top of the list... it is set to 140 bpm.  You can change this or delete it.

Do this for each style Section and save your style file with a NEW NAME.  You can edit MBT  (Measure-Beat-Tick) timing if you want and you can change Tempo speed if you want.  Take your time and you will learn your way around the program.  The first time is always the hardest.

Joe H

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 04:05:45 AM by Joe H »

Musaed

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 12:11:59 AM »
Hi joe . i make a new vedio again hope you see the problem https://youtu.be/l7sBdvZdvIA

Offline Joe H

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2017, 12:27:03 AM »
Musaed,

What I see in your video the Tempo messages in Fill In Sections but NOT in Main Sections.  You must insert Tempo at the beginning of every Section, other wise the style will look to the 140 bpm in the SInt (this is the style initialization in the first bar of the style file).

You could try removing the 140bpm (Delete), but also you must insert Tempo in each Section.  (just like you did in Fill Ins)

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:28:14 AM by Joe H »

Offline Jørgen

« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2017, 03:08:14 AM »
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha
- since 1999

The following users thanked this post: dragon

Offline Joe H

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2017, 06:36:11 AM »
Jorgen,

I'm glad you found this thread... your style tempo program looks like the easiest way to go.  this is something I do not do.  I've just been trying to help Musaed solve his problem.

Thanks,
Joe H

Offline alvinc

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 03:30:24 AM »
Hi

Check http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/stytempo/index.htm;)

Jørgen

Hi Jorgen,

I am using this software now, very handy and easy to use. Thanks.
Alvin
PSR S670
Life is wrapped in beauty.

Offline alvinc

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 03:36:56 AM »
Hi Joe and Musaed,

It seems that a yamaha style only support one time signature. So you probably cannot insert another one. Here is what I do when it comes to multi time signature style: for example a style contains both 4/4 in Main A and 3/4 in Main B. I will set 2 bars for Main A, and 3 bars for Main B and in Main B I will record all the channels as 3/4, thus I actually get 4 bars of 3/4 in MainB.
Hope this will help.
Alvin
PSR S670

Offline alvinc

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 03:40:34 AM »
I also bought a full version of Stylemagic YA. It is a very good program in editing yamaha styles, especially for SFF2 format.
By now I just hope that the user interface could be updated since it looks a bit old-fashioned.
Alvin
PSR S670

Offline Joe H

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 03:46:27 AM »
Alvin,

If you downlod the demo version of MidiWorks YA... this will be the new "Flat" look for StyleMagic on the next update.

Joe H

Pino

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 04:46:06 AM »
I am a regular user of StyleMagic

I don’t understand why Yamaha does not include StyleMagic or a similar app with every arranger keyboard they sell.  It does so much more than can be done on the keyboard,

Pino

Offline alvinc

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 05:06:56 AM »
Joe, that will be great.
Alvin
PSR S670

Ullo

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2018, 05:38:17 PM »
Good morning to all. I purchased StyleMagic 3 for my Genos. When I made the purchase I inserted an USB. I received by Thomas an email with a s/n. I downloaded the software and installed it with the USB inserted. Unfortunately, the program does not start. I think the problem is the "dongle" but I do not know what is a dongle! What is a "dongle"? What should I do? How can I do? Could you please help me? Thank you :-[ :'(

Ullo

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2018, 11:55:54 PM »
Hi guys. Thomas replied and sent me back the program that now works perfectly. Thanks to everyone but especially to Thomas who was very kind. I do not know why it did not work. But that's okay. ;D :D
Many thanks to all ;D :D ;D