Author Topic: Genos price  (Read 2865 times)

Offline alfonata

Genos price
« on: October 11, 2017, 09:43:51 AM »
Maybe  a  good   deal  ?         www.gear4music.be/‎

Offline alfonata

Re: Genos price
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 10:33:13 AM »
Maybe  good  bundle    www.gear4music.com

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 06:36:36 AM »
The price of Tyros5 on the Yamaha website is listed at $6799, so, it is the same as Genos. No one pays 6799 for a T5 and no one will pay such for Genos either, so, the Genos will cost more or less as much one pays for a new T5. So, if one believes the cost of T5 was reasonable, then so is Genos, as especially in the US, MAP is 5499 but one can get it for 1100 less, I believe.
 :)
 Uday

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 07:14:16 AM »
Tyros 5 was never as pricey as Genos here in UK. I think I paid about £3400 for mine new when it first came out. There were a couple of price increases after that but now they are a lot cheaper in places.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 07:21:27 AM »
Tyros 5 was never as pricey as Genos here in UK. I think I paid about £3400 for mine new when it first came out. There were a couple of price increases after that but now they are a lot cheaper in places.

You know what to blame, its the Brexit...
And the freefall of the pound, because multinationals are leaving Britain
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »

I was referring to the listed MSRP of T5 on the Yamaha official web site, compared to the MSRP on the Yamaha website for the Genos, they are more or less the same.
But, that price is arbitrary as no one pays that price, anyway!
Uday

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
Regarding prices.
Here in Norway I've noticed that the prices for T5 various "packs" has increased quite a lot lately.
In fact this has been done during the past months.
T5/76 and Genos are now listed to aprox US$ 5750
PA4X/76 at US$ 4430
(Currency 1US$ = NKR 7,70)
Audya and SD9 are pretty much close to Korg, and gap up to T5 was far lower earlier this year.

Yamaha prices today reminds me of the cost of Audya when it finally was released.....
Cheers & Happy Playing.  :)
GJ

Offline usaraiya

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 07:39:45 PM »
I just sold my PSR-S970 on Ebay today, on the day of listing, I was surprised, maybe I quoted a low price, who knows, but, now I can't wait for my Genos!!
Uday

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 05:25:55 AM »
The local Yamaha dealer here in Greece announced the price of Genos @ 4.599,00€. (as it was expected)
Available in 15-28 days (as expected, too...)
I am impressed by the absence of T5-61 from his price list. Instead the price of T5-76 drops down @ 3.444,00€.

Make Music, Not War....

Antonis WolfBack (Athens, GR)

The following users thanked this post: jdx100

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 08:24:48 AM »
........Instead the price of T5-76 drops down @ 3.444,00€.

Here in Norway it's the oposite, they increased the T5 prices quite a lot to match Genos pricelevel, that way they can say price is the same as T5.....
Korg and Ketron top arrangers are priced much much lower, and I guess that Yamaha will put Genos closer to the old T5 price during the next year.
It's not that I cannot afford it, but I'm not convinced it's worth pay $1500 extra compared to the other top arrangers at the market.  ???
GJ

Offline willem7397

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 08:56:55 AM »
Well, those prices posted by Alfonata are better than in the Netherlands, the Genos XXL is listed over 5200 EUR.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 11:00:16 AM »
Well, those prices posted by Alfonata are better than in the Netherlands, the Genos XXL is listed over 5200 EUR.
This is a good car price ;D

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 11:06:38 AM »
It's not that I cannot afford it, but I'm not convinced it's worth pay $1500 extra compared to the other top arrangers at the market.  ???
I don't need to upgrade my gear soon; my s770 covers my needs for the time and will be keep me in busy for a long time, but I love to watch the end of the battle between Pa4x vs Genos.
Those arrangers/workstation have cons and pros, but the older one (Pa4x) seems to have a precedence in this competition, IMHO. (based on YT videos and forums. Sometime I have to test those by myself, when the Genos comes to my country.)
For now I can speak only with numbers: 3.900,00€ vs 4.599,00€.
Before the announce of Genos this battle has more comprehension between T5 and Pa4x... Let's leave time to clear up things like that...

Or a brand new motorcycle!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 11:08:24 AM by WolfBack »
Make Music, Not War....

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »

Not in Norway.
A medium size family car, not any luxury model, will take aprox € 25 000 - 30 000 from your bankaccount. And most of it is taxes .....
(Musical intruments are free to import, but have to add 25% wat when pass the border).
GJ

Offline WolfBack

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »
Not in Norway.
(Musical intruments are free to import, but have to add 25% wat when pass the border).
Same here... 25% vat on any import item...
Make Music, Not War....

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 06:50:18 PM »
The price of a Genos is relative, especially when you consider you typically spend far more on a car that is not nearly as reliable, and depreciates dramatically 5 minutes after you leave the car dealer's parking lot. Now, you, obviously, cannot drive a Genos, but you can earn enough money with it to purchase a pretty nice car.

I wouldn't worry to much about the price,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Bachus

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 12:02:05 AM »
The price of a Genos is relative, especially when you consider you typically spend far more on a car that is not nearly as reliable, and depreciates dramatically 5 minutes after you leave the car dealer's parking lot. Now, you, obviously, cannot drive a Genos, but you can earn enough money with it to purchase a pretty nice car.

I wouldn't worry to much about the price,

Gary 8)

Gary, its just like with Cars, if you can not afford a new one, drive a used one, thats true..

However, making money with an instrument, its not what many on this forum do...  which makes it 2 different decisions for pro players and hobby players..

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 06:45:45 AM »

I'm considering a Tyros 5 too.
Retail price is the equivalent of 3110 £. While the Genos retails  at the equivalent of 3825 £ here in Spain.
What would  each cost in the UK?
I heard that AC Hamilton has the Genos  and delivers to Europe too.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:46:12 AM by Pianoman »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 06:47:19 AM »
I'm considering a Tyros 5 too.
Retail price is  3110 £. While the Genos retails for 3825 £ here.
What would  each cost in the UK?
I heard that AC Hamilton has the Genos  and delivers to Europe too.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

For that price difference i would allways choose the Genos...
But i think that T5 is overpriced
Maybe buy a used one in mint condition?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 07:43:33 AM »
Bachus, some folks cannot afford certain hobbies, either - those things are then known as fantasies. ;)

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline alans

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2017, 07:49:38 AM »

Good advice, there will soon be many T5's on the market at dealers,mine is going to Epianos (the tipsters) at Banbury and has a 512 memory board fitted ,which will stay in ,it's also in as new  condition,never been moved from new !

If you can get one shipped reasonable  cost it could be worth thinking about,or as Bachus said ,get a Genos

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 , KN7000 and Tyros5

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2017, 11:34:36 AM »

Hello Bachus.

I agree  about the T5 price.

That would be 3500 Euros for a 4 year old board while the Genos goes for 4300 Euros.
I think that T5 prices won't start dropping soon.
The reason is that the overwhelming majority of T5 owners will probably choose to hang on to their boards for another few years.

I do not believe that even 10 % of recent T5 buyers (worldwide, not just us here) will suddenly dump their recently acquired jewel of a board, and fork out another 5 to 6k in order to acquire the latest and greatest.

There will of course be a lot of bravado here, with some people saying how wrong I am, but that's how it's going to turn out.

I know I wouldn't rush out to buy a new board if i had just bought my T5 last year, or even 3 years ago.
And not everyone will find it that easy to trade in or sell the older board without losing money.
At least not in all countries.

Heck, I'm still using a T3 from 2008. And it's not because of a lack of money.
It's because it has been serving it's intended purpose with flying colours.
We're like a happily married couple,  my T3 and me.

I've got some broken screen buttons since about a month ago that are hard to repair on my own.
I'll have to send it to Yamaha for repairs.
It would be embarrassing if the board starts to malfunction while I'm performing.

I will get it repaired and keep it as a back up board to join my back up Amp, Mixer, Mikes, Cables, Stage Piano, Stands,etc.

This is the only reason why I'm thinking of a new board. The T5 would be because of familiarity with Tyros,
While the Genos would be because the difference in price is not too great.
Then there's the Elephant in the room, the Keyboard that cannot be named.

I'm actually convinced that the Genos prices will drop, a few months from now,
once the initial feeding frenzy subsides,
And dealers realise that they're not selling as much they had hoped to sell.

We shall see what happens.
The next few months will be very interest indeed.

I write all this in response to the subject of T5 prices dropping.
They won't drop  soon.

The fellow from Norway,
I think his name is Gunnar Jonny, said that they are actually raising T5 prices in his country.
Probably to encourage people to buy the Genos instead.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 03:48:29 PM by Pianoman »

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 03:56:21 PM »
Good advice, there will soon be many T5's on the market at dealers,mine is going to Epianos (the tipsters) at Banbury and has a 512 memory board fitted ,which will stay in ,it's also in as new  condition,never been moved from new !

If you can get one shipped reasonable  cost it could be worth thinking about,or as Bachus said ,get a Genos

Alan

Hello Alan,
You wouldn't happen to have the phone number of  Epianos by any chance ?
You can send as a PM.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2017, 05:45:28 PM »
Genos sales are going very well here. Not enough keyboards to cover the orders yet so some who ordered late are having to wait for the nest shipment. Got mine today.

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2017, 06:59:26 PM »
Another Brit that is gonna have lots of fun tonight.

Let us know, Eileen,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 03:41:08 AM »
I was addressing the subject of T5 prices
Dropping.

First, the T5 is mysteriously
Disappearing from music shops here.
Thomann's website says T5 "not part of
our current product range anymore".

In the only Spanish music store that still
sells it, today as i write,
It is exactly the same price as a Genos.
Or slightly more expensive.

On the subject of Genos,
I was referring to Global sales.
Not just big Western countries and
us here on this forum.

For those who might be unaware,
There are 195 countries in the world.

There are musicians even in countries that
Are struggling to eat, that use arrangers.
There will be people in the wider world
Who have a T5, bought maybe a couple
Of years ago.

I doubt if they will open their wallets
Wide enough again so soon.
I have a strong feeling that Genos prices
Will drop in a few months.

When stores GLOBALLY are not able to sell
Their goods in desired quantities,
Prices will drop.

Maybe not dramatically,
But they will drop.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:02:47 AM by Pianoman »

Offline Pianoman

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 04:08:22 AM »
I think it is meant to create a feeding frenzy.
Things will calm down from early January.
Be patient friend, and thou shalt be rewarded.

Read my posts above, explaining why.

Best Regards,
Pianoman.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:14:06 AM by Pianoman »

Offline alfonata

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 04:29:00 AM »
dealers in Belgium and the Netherlands give you approximately € 2500 for the Tyros5 exchange. They also want to make a profit on your keyboard so you have to pay 3000 euros for a second hand Tyros5

Offline chony

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 05:23:57 AM »
Most of us paid Aprox $us4100 for ours. Call the dealers on this forum; they will take care of you.

Offline Bachus

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 08:41:15 AM »
Genos sales are going very well here. Not enough keyboards to cover the orders yet so some who ordered late are having to wait for the nest shipment. Got mine today.

I was at the Demo yesterday in Zwolle
There where over 500 people there, from which atleast half will probbaly buy a Genos

And that was only a single demo
Also talked to people that normally skipped a verion, but intended tojump from T5 to Genos
Because of the bigger step Yamaha has made according to them...

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 10:57:21 AM »
It wasn’t long ago that people were posting that Genos was just a Tyros 5.5 and there was not enough new stuff in it to make the change. They seem to have gone suddenly silent now all the new owners are raving about it.
Graham
Current Yamaha Genos with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline Bachus

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2017, 11:24:36 AM »
It wasn’t long ago that people were posting that Genos was just a Tyros 5.5 and there was not enough new stuff in it to make the change. They seem to have gone suddenly silent now all the new owners are raving about it.
Graham

When you look at the features, its still only Tyros 5.5

When you listen to the sound...there is reason to be happy

For me Genos is almost perfect as an arranger
But still fails in its claims to be a workstation..
And thats what i have been saying from the start.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2017, 12:41:49 PM »
With the Tyros family; here in New York City, only B & H carried them.. They would not display them, for fear of damage.. But they had a generous several week full return, for any reason. I purchased my Tyros 3 there sight unseen.. No other stores even carried them

In the last 10-15 years, a many music stores are not carrying real expensive keyboards. They will order them for you, but they don't want to get stuck with an expensive piece of gear they can't buy..

I haven't been to a music store in a while. But I imagine the Genos, might be looked on similarly.  If you play in a band, you don't need all the features. If you work in a recording studio, you often have a fair amount of other machines dedicated to doing a certain job, (drums, bass, massive string libraries, etc)

The Tyros and Genos are great at smaller studios or small production companies.. You have a wide arrangement of sounds, built into one machine..

I wouldn't be surprised if the Tyros 5 still has a long fruitful life.. I hope that Yamaha, will continue to service them.  I was really upset, when Apple told me two years ago, they would not service or carry any parts for my 2008 top of the line Mac Pro.. The new design 2013  Mac Pro's were not modular. Connectors were new, you had to buy a handful of adapters, to plug   everything in. And they made no changes for 4 years, (previously unheard of for Apple)  As a result my 2015 Mac Pro cost me almost  twice what my 2008 Mac Pro. By the time I had invested in two RAID systems, the cost had blown up to over $10 K..
I was thoroughly pissed..  But I have been with Macs since 1980.  I thoroughly know the OS and their music application Logic Pro. 

Luckily Yamaha is more aware of world finances, and their customers and keep the prices in line.  I feel the Genos price increase is fair.  Considering what you are getting. If you look at computer technology, and products that rely heavily on them (keyboards, arrangers, etc.)  they increase tremendously in power, with generally only a small increase in price.

Apple makes all their $$$ of all their ICRAP..  There powerful Mac Pro's, were more or less moved to the back of the line..  And know it is generally acknowledged the 2013 Mac Pro was somewhat a mistake. In fact in 2015, several times I went to  Apple stores or called Apple, and a lot of the employees, had very little or no knowledge about the Mac Pro..

Yamaha being older, and overseer of a tremendous variety of products has stayed more on course. 

Offline DerekA

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2017, 01:05:05 PM »
Graham

I reckon that if someone has decided to go for the Genos, they must feel that there is enough new stuff to keep them happy. I don't think that changes my opinion that there is not much actually new and revolutionary, at least on the software / feature side.

Having said that, I'm going to a demo this week, and am ready - perhaps even wanting - to be convinced.
S770

« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2017, 03:00:48 AM »
I reckon that if someone has decided to go for the Genos, they must feel that there is enough new stuff to keep them happy. I don't think that changes my opinion that there is not much actually new and revolutionary, at least on the software / feature side.

Having said that, I'm going to a demo this week, and am ready - perhaps even wanting - to be convinced.

New and revolutionary, not much?

How about the sound quality, we all thought the T5 sounded near to perfect
And now the Genos, really makes a huge step forward in the most important part of the instrument.
It sounds like no instrument has ever sounded before.

And then there is the total overhaul of the interface.
Very sleek and well thought out.
Taking the Genos to and above the level of other most equipment.

Not much new and revolutionary
While the 2 most important parts of the Keyboard had a total overhaul?

You must be kidding me?

Offline DerekA

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2017, 03:37:14 AM »
I'll stand by my comment which was about the software / feature side. If you believed the hype from Yamaha you'd have expected a lot more. The new interface is just a redesign - there are practically no new options on any of the screens apart from 'mono legato'.

I am prepared for the change in the sound though - that's why I'm going to hear it.
S770