Genos (12 Boards) > Genos and iPad & Songbook+

SongBook+

(1/9) > >>

voodoo:
The days I purchased a copy of SongBook+ for iPad. I think this app is really cool. It can:

* Import PDFs from dropbox (not mentioned in description)
* Use whole songbooks and make several songbook entries from them by specifying the start page
* send and receive midi messages

I will convert all my paper collections to PDF and put them into the iPad. Very cool.

Looking forward to SongBook+ support of the upcoming Genos.

Uli

reya:
Well Uli,

I hope you will enjoy your digital scores a lot!

I know I do.
I have had all my scores digital for a couple of years now, and I am absolutely loving it.

I have been using Mobilesheets Pro (an alternative for Songbook+ on Android) for this with my Tyros 5 and PK6 pedals and I am absolutely loving the setup.
- (as said) All my scores are digital.
- Loading a score on the tablet causes a MIDI instruction to be sent to Tyros, so that the corresponding registration file is loaded automatically.
- When my PK6 pedals are in MIDI control mode, they are configured so that some keys (pedals) send MIDI instructions to Tyros to advance registrations and such (MFC10 type things).
While other keys (pedals) of the PK6 send MIDI instructions to Mobilesheets Pro on the tablet, to advance pages, advance songs in playlists and such . . . .

Really great.
I would not want to go without it now!

I must say I find it a bit strange for Yamaha to single out Songbook+ though.
There are other products out there that do more or less the same. I know Yamaha seems to prefer iOs over Android, but even on iOs there are other products .  .
Maybe there are additional Genos related specifics planned in Songbook+
Time will tell ...

I have not posted much myself, but I have really been enjoying all these very informative Genos related posts !
Great forum!

Rudy

voodoo:
Hey Rudy,

thanks for your comments and your ideas. Connecting your pedals to control page flow is a great idea. I will try this later.

And I think many users will like to hear that a solution for Android exists, too.

Uli

ugawoga:
I do not know anymore BUT

I have an HP android Slate 21 Inch tv screen.computer inside it which only cost £225 a couple years back.
They are great for sheet music reading using Mobile Sheets pro. Almost A4 reading and with a pedal page turner your away
I do not know whether Hp still do these androids anymore ,but If you can find one they are 100% for the purpose. Not for gaming or intense stuff

Dromeus:
+1 for MobileSheets Pro. Awesome app that runs on a Windows tablet, too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version