Author Topic: Transposition  (Read 5426 times)

Lloyd E

Transposition
« on: December 31, 2017, 04:09:04 PM »
When I transpose a registration the Genos does NOT show the new key of the registration, only the minus or plus steps I have transposed to. Also still shows orig. key, NOT the new transposition key in the style box. Is this a bug to be fixed?  LLoyd

Offline StuartR

Re: Transposition
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 03:44:57 AM »
When I transpose a registration the Genos does NOT show the new key of the registration, only the minus or plus steps I have transposed to. Also still shows orig. key, NOT the new transposition key in the style box. Is this a bug to be fixed?  LLoyd

Does the Genos main screen show the current style chord you are playing like the Tyros 5 does?

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 04:36:44 AM »
Yes, it does:

Thanks,
Paul

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:27:55 AM »

Lloyd,

The transposed key does not show on the main screen with the style.   It shows on another screen, if you go menu/menu2/transpose you will see it.  You can change the setup of the main screen so that transpose always shows there.

That is what i did. Now i always have transpose value right below the style window.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 08:08:00 AM »

In the style box the chord shown is the "chordal position" you are playing on the keyboard, it does not take account of the keyboard transition that may be set. This is by design I believe and is not a Genos bug or error, since it has been the case with previous keyboards.
John
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:09:31 AM by jwyvern »

Lloyd E

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 01:34:19 PM »
No one has really explained a correct answer to my question. On the Tyros 5 when you changed transposition the transposed key showed on the screen. On the Genos it
shows the +- steps that have been transposed. I want to have the Genos show the transposed key when I play NOT the orig. key I am playing in.
Going to transpose in menu two lets you transpose but it does NOT show the transposed key on the screen.
God there must be someone who can understand what I am saying and how to do it. Thanks, Lloyd

DavidB

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 01:44:19 PM »
I understand you Lloyd, I think.

If you're playing a chord of F and you transpose +2 you would like it show you are playing G. Right?

I don't recall the tyros doing that (although my memory isn't brilliant) but in any event, you are still fingering a chord of F even though your audience is hearing G.

I'm not sure what would be right in that situation and neither can I find any way that you can change it.

Sorry.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »
Lloyd,
The only question you asked in your original post was "Is this a bug to be fixed?"
I think if you read my post in the cold light of day you'll see I answered it- no in my opinion with a short explanation supported by David's post. If you disagree or have further questions please say so, no need to invoke a higher deity  ;)
John
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:57:29 PM by jwyvern »

Lloyd E

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 02:58:48 PM »
Thanks David.  Lloyd

Lloyd E

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 03:02:55 PM »
John,
Sorry I meant no harm. My purpose was not to disturb anyone. I sincerely opologize.  Lloyd

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 03:10:31 PM »
Hi Lloyd,
My reply was in like vein, tongue in cheek, and did you see the smiley? No offence taken here,
I was more concerned in case my post had been missed- it can happen.
Regards John

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 03:49:24 PM »
The key change is only shown if you transposed and recorded a Midi. If you played the music in F but transposed it by 2 you will see the chords in the key of G when playing back. It has always been this way on all Yamaha keyboards I have had.

Lloyd E

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2018, 04:49:51 PM »
Thanks Eileen, my inquiry is ended. Thanks all for answering.   Lloyd