Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Touch Screen & Live Controls

The screen position

(1/10) > >>

Bachus:

Am i the only one that is a bit worried that it will be hard to touch the items on the bottom of the screen?

DavidB:
I imagine it could be, especially if you have fat fingers like mine :)

I'm also worried the screen will at times not respond, such as on the CVP. It's an odd thing, you touch it, it clicks to acknowledge the touch, but nothing changes. Only a major issue if you're using it in a live performance, but I had hoped it was fixed until I saw it do this exact thing, it seemed, to Martin Harris in one of his demo's.

Regards,

frankmusik:
@Bachus
@david
I touched it ... and in MY Opinion the important thing is the size, so with a thick thumb it work :-)

I also used the touch on the CVP Series, but there the display ist to small for a thick thumb.

greetings frank

Pauljones:
That’s the only reason putting me off to put in a pre-order.  I’ll need to try it out first before I buy one.

Friend of my just bought a new Ketron with a fix display.  Not that impressive.

travlin-easy:
Touch screens are not a panacea, they have been known to fail at the most inopportune  times, and I personally, have had two touch screens fail, one on a GPS/Plotter used for navigation and another on a smart phone.

This is not to say the multiple buttons and menus are better, buttons also fail, and probably with more regularity because many players have the tendency to mash down on a button switch with far too much pressure, thereby resulting in premature failure.

Yamaha did something that I requested a decade ago - they changed their displays to super twist technology LED, which results in a display that can readily be seen at nearly any angle, in high definition, and very easy to read, even with poor eyesight. This was a huge step up in the displays and they were light years ahead of other manufacturers with this.

One of the reasons that manufacturers usually do not use tilt screen displays for touch screens is that the screen tends to move when you press to select an item near the top of the screen. And, the same players that destroy button switches will likely be pressing the touch screens too hard as well. ;)

All the best,

Gary 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version