Author Topic: What do I get ?  (Read 485 times)

Offline alfonata

What do I get ?
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:59:03 AM »
What do I get when I buy a Genos?
Pay a lot of money for the Genos and get little money back for my Tyros 5 ??

Offline travlin-easy

Re: What do I get ?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 08:02:58 AM »
This is the same scenario that you get when you buy a $50,000 car, a $1-million dollar yacht, etc...

If you are worried about the money aspects, hang on to your T5 - it's a fantastic keyboard.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:04:37 AM »

There are lots of posts here on the new features of Genos. You need only read them.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline alans

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:08:01 AM »

Perhaps you need to wait a while longer,watch some more demos ,when released,and download the user and reference manual and then you will be able to see what you get.
We are all in the same boat at present,but some,including me,have already made the decision to upgrade to Genos

Regards

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 and KN7000

Offline alfonata

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
The price of Genos and Tyros are well known.          "What do I get " was about    the question: Are the styles better,   are  the  voices    better,   is the  operation     easier etc.
Nobody in this forum really saw anyone playing

Online maartenb

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:28:56 AM »
Nobody in this forum really saw anyone playing

We have 34 video's of Martin Harris and a Star Dust teaser. And some forum members have attended a live demonstration, like in Berlin or New York.

What more do you want?

Maarten

Offline ash1

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 10:08:41 AM »
what your getting is the best arranger out there with the highest quality of sounds we have ever heard
go out now and get one before they sell out  or wait another 3/4 years or keep the tyros 5 which is a great keyboard
the choice is yours take the money or open the box
the time for negativity is over its make your minds up time

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:14:22 AM by ash1 »

Offline Bachus

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
We have 34 video's of Martin Harris and a Star Dust teaser. And some forum members have attended a live demonstration, like in Berlin or New York.

What more do you want?

Maarten

Well, seriously, i could never buy an arranger based on solely those things
I have to read the manual
I have to play it for a few hours
I have to hear it
In that order...
Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline alans

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak,the people that have ordered Genos have only had the same information as you (alfonata) and they have made their decisions on this.
Many more demos will become available once Genos reaches the dealers,styles, voices and methods of operation will all become much  clearer once we have seen these.
I can understand people wanting to wait a while to buy,or not to.In fact I was quite sceptical for a while but eventually convinced myself Genos was OK for me.Everyone will make their own decisions whether  to stick with what they have ,or to trade in.

Alan
Previous keyboards-Yamaha PSR 410,Technics KN2000,KN5000,KN6000 and KN7000

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 12:58:50 AM »
I'm sure we'll get a ton more videos once people start getting Genos delivered into their hands. Most will be terrible videos (if the Tyros history is anything to go by), but every so often someone sits down, thinks about things, prepares the ground (and a decent script) and delivers a well-made, worthwhile video. I'd like to have a go myself, but I just don't have all the video equipment...but if I'm driven to distraction by awful user/owner videos which actively under serve the Genos, presented by muttering, clueless dimwits then I'm prepared to roll my sleeves up and give it a go myself.

It would be small leap to get what I need. I'm going to see if Genos videos start going the same way as most of the Tyros ones did (i.e. down the drain) and if so I'll give it a go. I'm so fed up with these amazing arrangers being poorly served by embarrassingly bad videos on YT. No wonder 'serious' musicians get sniffy about arrangers.
Yamaha Tyros 5 | Roland A-800 Pro | Cubase 9 Elements | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere, Keyscape & Stylus RMX | Arturia Spark 2 | Yamaha APX 700II 12-String Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2017, 11:06:05 AM »
What's the rush to have a Geno's right away anyways. It will be around after the newness wears off with people wanting one just like when the Tyros 5 was announced.
 If you already have a Tyros 5 which we know is very good; than doing some homework 1st; a lot of listening an perhaps preplay a Geno's demo if possible can help decide whether its worth the expense from a Ty5 to upgrade.
That's the thing when we buy something expensive; be prepared for depreciation value afterwards when the next big thing comes out that you want and you part with your previous one.
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page