Author Topic: Which USB port to use in Genos  (Read 265 times)

Offline gerard

Which USB port to use in Genos
« on: October 09, 2017, 04:50:08 AM »
Currently have PSR S970 and considering going to the Genos.
I have 400 registration banks, one for each song on the s970.
Each registration points to a style, some of which are on my USB drive.
I know I can copy my registrations to the Genos.
What I don't know is, if it matters which of the 3 USB ports to put my USB drive into to select the style for the registration.
OR will I have to repoint each registration's style to a particular USB input?
Gerard

Offline ugawoga

Re: Which USB port to use in Genos
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 04:55:44 AM »
Stick your registrations on a hard drive and keep .

Underneath the Genos is for all the stuff you need Internally or expansion.
The outside ports ,mainly for quick In and outs and to transfer to a separate hard drive.

Offline gerard

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 05:10:42 AM »
Thanks but, I still need to know which USB port the Genos points to when a registration is looking for a style on a USB port.

Online EileenL

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 07:16:24 AM »
The USB port that is in the compartment under the keyboard will now act as a hard drive would. Just make up folders to store your set ups in. I always store my registrations and then store the styles I am using in the same folder and then I link them in that folder. It keeps everything tidy. The two other USB ports you can use for copying from one stick to another or loading in things from computer. The choice is yours.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Thanks but, I still need to know which USB port the Genos points to when a registration is looking for a style on a USB port.

You will need to wait for the reference manual to find out how the drive letters are assigned on Genos. Regardless, itís easy to use Murray Bestís program to reassign drive letters once you determine your preferred setup. Youíll need to do it only once.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline gerard

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:25 AM »
Thank you all for your help.
I will probably have to wait until I try a Genos to see if I have to change anything in my registrations.
The reference manual, when it comes out, may help also.
Gerard

Online torben

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:13 AM »
Hi Gerard

I am anxious to know the same. I will now copy my T5 harddrive (I have only used 12 GB out of the 500 available!) onto a 32 GB USB drive. The files include registrations, styles etc. - and hopefully Genos will recognize them all and connect the various registrations with the corresponding styles/voices etc ...  :'( :P

Time will show!

Kind regards

Torben
Tyros 5 was my choice - until Genos was born  ...

Offline Kari V

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 09:00:48 AM »
Thank you all for your help.
I will probably have to wait until I try a Genos to see if I have to change anything in my registrations.
The reference manual, when it comes out, may help also.
Gerard

Related to this (although not exactly the same): Heidrun Dolde has Made a short Introduction to Genos for the Yamaha German forum.

The following information found there, translated by DeepL with some corrections: [] indicate additions, deletions not indicated.

Search function:

As of October, the Search function [works] only for registration banks, no matter on which drive they are stored.
The search is quick and easy even when entering syllables and successful.

After future OS updates, it should also be [possible for] other files such as Midifiles, Styles etc.
These updates should be available in the coming months.