Author Topic: Genos clips on new song with Alex Christensen  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Lhill1

Genos clips on new song with Alex Christensen
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:23:22 AM »
Hereís another song by Alex Christensen and the Berlin orchestra recreating some iconic 90ís dance hits. And of course using Genos.
 I have enjoyed every single video that Yamaha have launched over the last month, even bought the album this guy released.

Even though their was a lot of moaning about the sneek peeks of the Genos in these videos, I believe that Yamaha had the right idea. For me it worked a treat. Enough to whet the appetite but also the sole aim..... to get folk talking. They certainly did that.
Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/GcVYLGblzek

The following users thanked this post: Mike W, organaut

Offline ash1

Re: Genos clips on new song with Alex Christensen
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:38:04 AM »
i dont think yamaha did themselves any favours with these teaser videos
if indeed they were made with the Genos then they should have clearly showed that in the videos
step by step how and what they used to compose the songs
i still think the Genos is worth buying
but the marketing of the Genos this time round has been very poor
and has been drip fed to the people who have been very loyal over the years
and that cant be a good move considering how competitive the arranger keyboard market is at the moment

all the best ash1

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:31 AM »
I think the teaser videos worked very effectively, just as a Yamaha wanted. There was more talk on this forum about the new keyboard than any previous offering I can remember.

They did what they were supposed to do. Get people talking.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ash1

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 02:32:07 AM »
hi fred
yes but will they get them buying  i think a lot of people are still on the fence after all these videos and then the final release
your right though fred it certainly got them talking
i think we can safely say that which is good thing

all the best ash1
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 02:36:08 AM by ash1 »

Online EileenL

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 04:04:49 AM »
Well those of you who buy Genos and have listened to the orchestra will know you have the styles and drums to play with.

Offline vbdx66

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 05:04:03 AM »
Hi Lhill,

Thanks for the video.

I bought the first three songs and will probably buy the full album at some time. I like pop stuff using orchestral sounds, like in Karl Jenkinsí Adiemus for instance.

Best Regards,

Vinciane.
Past keyboards: PSR E313, PSR E413, PSR E433, PSR S550, DGX 640, upright piano.
Now: DGX 650

Online EileenL

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2017, 07:19:42 AM »
Genos seems to be selling very well. Lots of pre orders.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2017, 08:25:47 AM »
The orchestra has been great all along

It is these modern singers that go mooo moo moo  wooo moo woo that sounds depressive with a moany moany attitude.
Todays singers In pop  sound half asleep quacking like a duck with those type of jack and jill went up the hill  short phrases in a london type accent. IMO 8)
They could of had much better demonstrations with better quality singers I'm sure and could also inject happiness into the music or class

I am beginning to wish that they used  Des  o Conner  "Dik a Dum Dum"!!! ;D   "That would have lifted the roof off!!! :o ;D

I feel sorry for the Berlin Orchestra,. "I bet they got paid good money though"!!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:27:20 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Kari V

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2017, 09:17:17 AM »

I feel sorry for the Berlin Orchestra,. "I bet they got paid good money though"!!

No need to be sorry. From Youtube:
"Alex Christensen created the 49-member Berlin Orchestra, a gathering of the capitalís best orchestral musicians, specifically for this album."

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2017, 09:39:20 AM »
Hi kari
The Berlin orchestra are 100% ,it's just that awful singing  ;D

Offline ash1

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2017, 10:21:03 AM »
hi ugawoga
were can i here that song i would quite like to sing along to mooo moo moo  wooo moo woo myself sounds like fun  ;D
i usually do that when i bang  my toe on the table
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:22:14 AM by ash1 »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2017, 10:46:34 AM »
Hi Ash

So modern singers are always bashing their toes against the wall then   BOO!! :o  MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :P :-[

Look at that Adele , Skyfall James Bond song  "Skyfall  Apple Crumble" moo moo!!. Also the last Bond song and moaning Sam Smith,wooooomooo.awwwaawwooh!!! Fingers and toes that time.

Cannot beat Paul McCartney's   Live and let die
  That would of been great as a demo!! 8)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:58:59 AM by ugawoga »

Offline ash1

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
what abou hey big spender for all Genos buyers  ;D

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:21 AM »
I expect It will be Diamonds are forever after that!! :o

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2017, 06:32:41 AM »
I think the teaser videos worked very effectively, just as a Yamaha wanted. There was more talk on this forum about the new keyboard than any previous offering I can remember.

Fred

Fred, like I said all along, the T5 initial demos gave us a point blank look at the T5. We knew in the first minute of the demo that we were going to place our orders. And yes, everyone is talking about the Genos. Talking doesn't pay the bills at Yamaha - sales do. I'm sure sales of the Genos will go through the roof. It's how Yamaha is treating its loyal customers that bothers them at the moment. What kind of mind game are they playing by giving a thirsty person one drop of water per day?

Please post a YouTube link to the common styles and voices used on the Genos. I know their are new videos appearing everyday. Perhaps I'm just missing them???
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
Here’s another song by Alex Christensen and the Berlin orchestra recreating some iconic 90’s dance hits. And of course using Genos.
 I have enjoyed every single video that Yamaha have launched over the last month, even bought the album this guy released.

Even though their was a lot of moaning about the sneek peeks of the Genos in these videos, I believe that Yamaha had the right idea. For me it worked a treat. Enough to whet the appetite but also the sole aim..... to get folk talking. They certainly did that.
Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/GcVYLGblzek

I can hear a true 100% EDM Uplifting Trance version of this song in my head that would really do justice to this song. No matter how Alex tries, the mix of a real orchestra with a synth just doesn't cut in my book.  EDM is far more dynamic and animated in its production.

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:42:11 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 07:52:52 AM »
That song makes you want to put a noose around your neck and finish life on this earth
Talk about depressing!! :-[

Hope there  is a Genie In the Genos!!! ;D

Should of have someone like Jorden Rudess to collaborate with the Berlin Orchestra. That would be a promotion and a half..

All this EDM trash goes back to Coldplay DEPRESSING!!

Even the girl in the video looks fed up having to go through that!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 07:58:58 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
That song makes you want to put a noose around your neck and finish life on this earth
Talk about depressing!! :-[

Hope there  is a Genie In the Genos!!! ;D

Yes.. it's the sleepy-time version of a good song that COULD make you want to get up and DANCE!

;D

Joe H

My Article: Using Multi Pads for EDM. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2017, 08:07:36 AM »
The 1980s was the best time up to now for Electronic music.
At least the music was more uplifting ,like            Trans X, living on Video, Gary Numan, Erasure and Human League  and Howard Jones, not to mention DAF from Germany,. Visage. Not to mention also Kraftwerk and Jean Michel Jarre. "London Docklands Concert , What a night that was, top electronic music with fireworks included for the whole show. Also later Etheogenics impressed me and Ozric Tentacles. Loved also Steve Hillage,  Green album. What about the pioneers of the late 60s and 70s  , like Bo Hansson - Lord of the Rings and Arthur Browns Kingdom Come with that bentley drum machine, space rock. In the early eighties  Seventh Wave came out with Psi-Fi.     Stackridge,  - Purple Spacehips over Yatton.  Penguin Cafe orchestra - Ecstasy of the Dancing Flees.
Lots of memorable music now sadly gone and being replaced with dumbed down music In my view.The trouble with it is is quick to manufacture and sells. It would probably soud great with an"E".
Can't get there with a single whiskey or the rest of the bottle!! :-[ :-\ :o 8) ;D.

Paul Carrack has a great voice!! :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:39:03 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2017, 08:14:06 AM »
I can hear a true 100% EDM Uplifting Trance version of this song

I'm looking forward to you creating it.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Tyros 4, Bose L1, Finale 2011
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2017, 08:25:40 AM »
I see Freds already In a trance!!! :P

All you need for EDM , is one finger, a Few chords In your head and a bag of samples, then put the keyboard on automatic with the arpegiator going like the clappers!!.
Instant microwaved music.
Better still get one of those flashing light boxes and press different squares randomly.That'll do It!! 8)

I challenge these Edm guys to listen to Snowgoose by Camel and come back to me and say Wow!!!  "Probably not" :(

You must remember Fred when that guy from France called Jean Michel Jarre stopped all the Traffic In Houston Texas lighting up the whole city with projections and his great Electronic music.

Cannot see EDM coming close to that
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:30:19 AM by ugawoga »

The following users thanked this post: rimek72

Offline Joe H

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 08:29:38 AM »
I'm looking forward to you creating it.

Fred

Why would I waste my time on that Fred.  I'm working on something better that I may or may not post here. And it's not something you would care to listen to anyway.

;)

Joe H

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »
Make sure It has content and melodic. Keep on going Joe,the music has to get better!! ;D

Later when having the Genos ,I want to fuse Prog rock with electronic,or try!!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:33:16 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Lloyd E

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2017, 08:42:43 AM »
My dealer has been swamped with orders for the Genos.  Yamaha must be reaching their customers very effectively.  Lloyd
Music is the way to go

Online EileenL

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2017, 08:44:07 AM »
Thank goodness Genos is catering for all our types of music. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2017, 08:51:09 AM »
Octobers a long month 31 days!!! :-[

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:26 AM »
Either we are just getting older and finding some of today's music not to our liking or the music from 50's-60's-70-80's- 90's was just better .Better song writers; better melody's and beats and riffs ,better singers, better arrangements and so on.
Why is it that we hear in commercials older well written music ! Perhaps because it was just well done and memorable. How many new songs can you name in today's commercials that are used in comparison ?

Craig
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 09:59:02 AM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 09:28:58 AM »
Either we are just getting older and finding some of today's music not to are liking or the music from 50's-60's-70-80's- 90's was just better .Better song writers; better melody's and beats and riffs ,better singers, better arrangements and so on.
Why is it that we hear in commercials older well written music ! Perhaps because it was just well done and memorable. How many songs can you name in today's commercials that are used in comparison ?

Craig

I'm on the same page you are, maybe it's the age but I believe the melodies of years ago were much better. 
Yamaha  Clavinova CVP 307, PSR s970, Korg Pa4x-76
PSR Performer Page  -  Steve's Gig Disks

Online jimlaing

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »
It's interesting that I have a friend who is about 85, and I'm 58; when listening to some of "my" music (music of the 1960s-1980s), he comments how the melodies (etc.) were better in the older music (his time, i.e., for him, music of the 1930s-1950s) ...

What goes around comes around?!  :-)

Jim

Offline ash1

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »
well i think some music is timeless
doesnt matter if its 40s50s60s etc
take this song for instance i defy anyone not to get involed in this kind of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr5V3m6JMwY
makes you smile and want to dance and sing along
as for the Genos i think it will sell out
its the best arranger on the market
edm or as i call it ear deafening music   :P
Boom Boom Boom bang wizz ouch heeeeeeaaaw wiggle wiggle a few screeches here and there and this goes on for about 10 minutes   ???
people in clubs shouting at each other saying things like isnt this a great tune
the other person shouting what i cant here i think ive gone deaf  :o
flashing lights people squeezed in like sardines as fagan and his pickpockets
got to make a shilling or 2 with a little  white bulldog sitting in the corner eating a cornish pasty from the top table
no give me a song with melody a good harmony and a decent singer any day
60s arrangement by a modern singer now thats what i call music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW9-8wQ7W7E
you know when something is good instead of people with 200 watt speakers booming edm out of a mini metro or a russian scoda  :D :D :D :D

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
I LIKE ALL OF IT!   :)
Janet
PSR Performer page
Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha AG06

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2017, 10:50:51 AM »
Even 40s/50s music is better than todays music and I love 60s 70s and 80s.
We are not getting older and out of touch as todays music Is much more dumbed down.

Tell me this .." How many people today walk down the street whistleing to todays music" ????

Even people used to whistle to Classical music
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:04:57 AM by ugawoga »

Offline Kari V

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:48 AM »
It's interesting that I have a friend who is about 85, and I'm 58; when listening to some of "my" music (music of the 1960s-1980s), he comments how the melodies (etc.) were better in the older music (his time, i.e., for him, music of the 1930s-1950s) ...

What goes around comes around?!  :-)

Jim

Exactly. You like the music that you have heard the most: for many people it's the music when they were young(er).

It can be said that you learn to like the music that you have heard the most. Many people then seem to think that they have learnt everything and there's no need to learn more.

However, if you want to learn new things it's certainly possible even at older age: you are as old as you think you are, and your brain is fully capable of learning new things.

Furthermore, music taste is subjective and there's room for many types of music in the world and I hope also here.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:56:54 AM by Kari V »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
Exactly. You like the music that you have heard the most: for many people it's the music when they were young(er).

It can be said that you learn to like the music that you have heard the most. Many people then seem to think that they have learnt everything and there's no need to learn more.

However, if you want to learn new things it's certainly possible even at older age: you are as old as you think you are, and your brain is fully capable of learning new things.

Furthermore, music taste is subjective and there's room for many types of music in the world and I hope also here.

Thank you Kari,

I may be turning 70, but I'm just a 35 year old trapped in a 70 year old body.  ;D   If I live to be 100, I will keep on learning new things.  Most of the comments about EDM here are based on ignorance (lack of knowledge) about the genre and so it gets stereotyped. 

EDM is a HUGE umbrella with many sub-genre and categories of music which consists of 100% synthesizer sounds IE; Electronic Dance Music.  Much like "Rock" music, some EDM can be a lot of noise and some of it can be melodic and as beautiful as a timeless symphony.   Believe it or not, some EDM Trance use elements of classical music which include an Intro, an Interlude and an Ending, with very distinct musical motifs or passages that are emotionally very powerful, and are composed by professional musicians. Some EDM arrangements are very complex and would be difficult for the average amateur musician to re-create.

For anyone interested in this fascinating genre, get a copy of Dance Music Manual, Tools, Toys and Techniques (third Addition) by Rick Snoman.  It is a highly technical book of 518 pages.  Nothing simple about EDM. Rick has been involved in creating and producing electronic music since the 1980s and runs his own recording studio in Manchester, UK.   His book is concidered the defacto reference book by many top universities that offer degrees in contemporary music production.

:)

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:59:13 AM by Joe H »

Offline ash1

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2017, 12:25:53 PM »
hi joe H
yes thats a great book Dance Music Manual, Tools, Toys and Techniques its on its 3rd edition
i can highly recommend it for anyone interested in dance music
but you can also learn a lot about music in general from this book
i have that book probably one of the best books out there on dance music
there is also the secrets of house music production by sample magic
and another great book is the chord wheel for a bit of theory
im not keen on edm thats ok i know a lot of people are though i know it is a popular form of music
so dont take what i said about edm to serious
everybody has different tastes in music  :)

all the best ash1
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:09:57 PM by ash1 »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2017, 02:21:27 PM »
ash1,

I hadn't noticed anything you have stated here that concerns me one bit.  And BTW... not many on this forum are keen on EDM, so you are not alone my friend.

Regards,
Joe H
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:23:44 PM by Joe H »

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »
I can imagine Martin and the Yamaha team in the seminars discussing what they want to project in the first Geno demos. “We need to show this instrument in a fresh and new but timeless image” timeless is difficult to describe. I think they have been very leanient to us with playing suggestions of bananarama and tears for fears from the eighties,That is the 1980s—last century folks, game of thrones ? well that maybe is for the movie score buyer.trying to attract a younger audience and not upset us oldies at the same time. That must be difficult and delicate balance from the firm’s perspective.If I was a musical instrument firm which intended to stay alive I wouldn;t show videos of glenn miller styles and mantovani or even the beatles whatever my personal preference was. Yes it’s great music “for us” but that ain’t going to sell to a younger generation of buyers.  I think personally it would be nice to make videos for both but on youtube it doesn;t necessarily work that way. What if a younger musician investigating Genos clicks the wrong video and he gets presented with “moonlight serenade” would they actually feel that keyboard was for them” Besides Martin said that this keyboard is for a wide range of music playing, I think moaning, (which I am as bad at as anybody) is a sign of feeling left behind. That is what time does to us unfortunately and the difference between what some of us were expecting in the first demo videos and what we actually got can cause cognative dissonance . (have I spelled that right)  :) anyway it’s supposed to be painful according to froid.A production company has to live in the now and try and look to the future whether we like it or not our generation is not going to be able to be their target market forever. I am here of course making dangerous assumptions that most of us on this forum are between the ages of 49 (yours truly) and 80 ish years? If thats yes, then we’re considered past it. (the doctors and the police look like kids to me so I’m old too)The shops in any case will be showing lots of vintage demos for us I’m sure. I can’t get to any of the shop demos as there aren;t any in my area but my question would be to the demonstrator (when they offer me a mug of olvaltine and a biscuit )“Will I still be able to play my same old rubbish on the Genos such as Girl from Ipanema?)  :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 03:51:40 PM by organaut »

Offline Joe H

« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2017, 04:13:57 PM »
As long as "babyboomers" are still kickin'... they will be making keyboards and "content" for you.  After that... all these current model keyboard could end up in the landfill. (or a bunch of pawnshops collecting dust)  :(

Don't believe me?  Any who liked watching Dancing With the Stars knows what happen to that show.  No more ballroom music... just Pop EDM.

;D

Joe H
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 04:19:46 PM by Joe H »

The following users thanked this post: organaut

Offline ash1

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2017, 04:19:34 PM »
HI organaut
i think people will be happy to hear a wide range of styles of music maybe go through the styles
then individual  voices
then show off all the new features and how you can combine them into a song
i think people would like also  to ask a whole series of questions
but the big thing would to be able to have a play on it themselves
age is a state of mind i know a lady who is 85 were i stay and she does ballroom dancing twice a week
try telling her she is past it she is in her element  :)
your only as young as you want to be dont let age ever get in your way folks
do what you enjoy in life  ;D
if people tell you your past it
say past it im just warming up i havent even started  :P
i would say never mind the ovaltine and buiscuit i will have a whisky and a wee haggis  :D :D :P :P

Offline pjd

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2017, 04:28:04 PM »
I worry about young people being able to afford a TOTL arranger like the Genos.

As a teen, I had to wash floors to scrape together enough money for a bottom of the line combo organ. (Poor me.  :) )  Young people without a lot of cash are more likely to buy a PSR-E453 or maybe a middle of the line arranger.

Maybe Yamaha should push EDM in the more affordable products first. To some extent, they have and maybe that's why EDM features are trickling up to Genos, not down from Genos.

If I was 18 again, I'd be in a club bouncing to four on the floor.  ;D

-- pj

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
Hey age is a state of mind; I'm still young at heart then an adult responsible other times.
My body aches say nope not now, but I don't listen.
What's good about today's modern arrangers are that they keep on growing in capacity but don't sacrifice from older generations styles and voices and give a wide variety for many to choose what they like to create and use. Yamaha does have to cater to a wider audience now as music style changes so I can see
why they need to do this.
The Yamaha Genos should satisfy most creative musicians and upcoming ones as well as the casual player who does it for fun and entertainment. You'll know when people see the  :)   ;D on your face after playing one !

Craig
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:38:46 PM by Keyboardist »
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline dtah80

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 08:31:32 PM »

Fred

I agree with Fred that Yamaha did a great job. I was waiting for the new video clip came out on midnight of ea. Thu. until Yamaha ended with the official intro. Five days after Genos was introduced, I bit the bullet and ordered one from Frank because I know for sure the Genos will be a much better KB than the S950 I've been playing with. The new sounds, the interface, the lighted buttons, size and weight, and last but not least, this forum are the features that I can't find on the PA4x, or the Ketron SD9. Thank You all, let's keep the music going and let's keep the constructive inputs on Yamaha KB alive. Hopefully the next Yamaha KB will be even better than the Genos at a lower price.

David
David
PSR-S950, PSR-740, MOXF6

Offline soundphase

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 08:45:49 PM »
As long as "babyboomers" are still kickin'... they will be making keyboards and "content" for you.  After that... all these current model keyboard could end up in the landfill. (or a bunch of pawnshops collecting dust)  :(

Don't believe me?  Any who liked watching Dancing With the Stars knows what happen to that show.  No more ballroom music... just Pop EDM.

;D

Joe H
Currently, there are a lot of artists who are mixing all styles. And it's great.

It's not so black or white as it was in the 90īs

Offline jgriffin

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2017, 07:47:07 AM »
WOW....that album by the Berlin Orchestra makes great commuting music!!  I bought all 14 songs for $8.99 on Amazon and downloaded their app and just plugged my phone into the car UPS port and blasted away as I drove 23 miles from home to work this morning. 

My basic reaction was that there were sure a lot of sounds coming from the music for which there was no apparent musician in the videos.  Hopefully those were all produced by the GENOS! 
Janet
PSR Performer page
Yamaha Baby Grand, (2) Motif ES8, Tyos 2, (2) Tyros 3, Tyros 5-76, DGX-650 & 660, Yamaha P140, StagePas 300 & 600, (2) Bose Compact, Yamaha AG06

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 07:59:40 AM »
Good for you, Janet! Speaking of music production, is there any hints that recording the Genos with a good DAW will be far less convoluted than the Tyros?? Perhaps we need a new thread for this question :).
Current Gear: Tyros 5, Nord Electro 5D, SoundCraft mixer, two Bose L1 Compact speakers, 15 inch subwoofer designed and built by myself, Yamaha HS8 studio monitors, Cubase 8 Artist, Steinberg UR-44 sound interface.

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2017, 08:05:19 AM »
All you need for EDM , is one finger, a few chords In your head and a bag of samples, then put the keyboard on automatic with the arpegiator going like the clappers!!.
Instant microwaved music. Better still get one of those flashing light boxes and press different squares randomly.That'll do It!!

I couldn't agree more. The musical skill level required to produce EDM, pales in comparison to trying to figure out David Foster's chords for Lover Man, while using a really good conventional style on the T5 or Genos!

Offline Bachus

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
I couldn't agree more. The musical skill level required to produce EDM, pales in comparison to trying to figure out David Foster's chords for Lover Man, while using a really good conventional style on the T5 or Genos!

And you have that knowledge because you are an experienced EDM producer?

Keyszone.boards.net for all the latest keyboard news and information.

Offline ash1

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2017, 08:58:05 AM »
i dont care for EDM but it has to be put together and arranged just like any other  music
its a myth its just thrown together with some samples there is more to it than that
a lot of musical skill and talent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGlqW1FmGuQ

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:02:53 AM by ash1 »

Offline Marcus

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »

Still trying to figure out the mother of all chords.

The Mother of All Chords
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGOA5Zy9Qbg

Marcus
Gear: Triangle

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2017, 09:20:19 AM »
Love Those Yammies...